TICKET DROPS Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So tempted with them london tickets,i dont want to get them and there be a GA drop. Hmmm what to do

More of these upper seats! Where do they keep coming from??

Risky as it is I'm waiting for a GA drop as I'm still looking for one for my dad.

I'm sure one is coming. Regardless of a last minute drop it seems like they're going to wait until people have taken the pricey ones off their hands before releasing any more cheap tickets. Who's going to pay 90-165 quid when you can get a floor ticket for a comparative steal?

Could be wrong...and I'm going to subscribe to this thread again just in case!! :wink:

Last edited:
Ren, what date(s) are you looking for?

Im after the 29th or 30th mate. Theres some £55 tickets for the 29th but if i got them and there were some GA to drop ,id be abit gutted. Wonder what the view will be like from the £55 seats.

Im going 1&6 and my plan is to get close to the band. Im going with friends to them. My plan is to go to 3 or 4 with the wife and take in the show abit more.

My wifes on maternity so a last minute drop would be fine for me cause my works great with holidays.

Im two minds.

yeah, I'm worried if I just gave up seeing them in GA and got two cheap seats for one of the nights, a GA drop would follow the next week :lol:

congratulations, by the way!

yeah, I'm worried if I just gave up seeing them in GA and got two cheap seats for one of the nights, a GA drop would follow the next week :lol:

congratulations, by the way!

Thank you? the wifes been really good with me going to these gigs. Ive saved for a long time for them so its not coming out the baby money ?

Theres some £55 tickets for the 29th but if i got them and there were some GA to drop ,id be abit gutted. Wonder what the view will be like from the £55 seats.

Im two minds.

I'm in 2 minds about getting seats for my first show, instead of GA's (hard to settle on something other than GA). This is for the 30th, which has been in high demand (no GA's or cheap seats).

If I do go seats, I was thinking I'd get a £55 seat. I think it certainly offers the best value. £30's have restricted views, £90 & £165 are too much, but £55's look pretty good.

This is what I was offered (on 29th Oct), which I think is a very good seat in the £55 price range.

Level 4C
Block 409
Row B
Seat 649

images

As the upper tier is very steep at the O2, I wouldn't want to sit in the back rows. It'd be vertigo inducing, up in the heavens. But row B should be perfect. Does anyone know if Row A has a walkway in front of it, or whether the walkway is a few rows back. If the walkway is right down the bottom of the tier, then row A could be very annoying, meaning row B would be the best choice.

Views from Block 409 look pretty good, in the corner with no restrictions (the screen will be on an angle but pretty good). Up near the e-stage, so a front on view when the band performs on the i-stage. Seat 649 is in the middle of the block.

All in all, a very good seat, though not GA :wink:

apparently today's ticket drop included GAs for the 29th for all of two seconds :lol: i fucking looked at that gig at 10am this morning now this!!!!

Last edited:
I did bite the bullet and got a GBP 90 seat for the 30th (section 406). It's the most expensive ticket I've bought for this tour (even more expensive than a 100-level seat in New York), but I'm in. Should I happen to find a GA for this show I can always try to sell the ticket.
At least I'm in on this Friday night show, the day before Larry's birthday. It'll be my final i+e concert. For this year... :)

Every concert at the O2 in London I've been to has been terrible and has had no atmosphere, easily some of the worst I've been to. That's one of the reasons I've avoided U2s gigs there.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

what because you hated them? :wink:

seriously though it's apparently terrible sound wise and takes a fucking excellent sound crew to make it sound decent, which I'm sure U2's guys will, especially with the current setup.

I remember reading before Led Zeppelin's concert there, Jimmy Page went to see loads of bands to get an idea of what the sound was like and all of them sounded awful apart from Elton John haha

what because you hated them? :wink:

seriously though it's apparently terrible sound wise and takes a fucking excellent sound crew to make it sound decent, which I'm sure U2's guys will, especially with the current setup.

I remember reading before Led Zeppelin's concert there, Jimmy Page went to see loads of bands to get an idea of what the sound was like and all of them sounded awful apart from Elton John haha
I've seen quite a few gigs at the O2 and the worst was Snow Patrol. It was like a funeral and I felt embarrassed for the band when the singer tried to get people to sing. But yeah, the sound isn't great and I think the type of London crowd it attracts is dull. Comparing it to say a Dublin or Glasgow gig, the difference is massive.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

London dates showing as sold out now. Anyone else getting that or is just me?

Now hurry up with the fucking GA's...:wink:

London dates showing as sold out now. Anyone else getting that or is just me?

Now hurry up with the fucking GA's...:wink:

Yeah im getting sold out on all the dates aswell Gaz.

Hopefully some GA's get released. Ive book a hotel for the friday gig. Hotel can be cancelled up until a day before for free.

Fingers crossed, only a few weeks left. Keeping an eye out daily now it's quite tense/lame haha

I have not received my GA tickets for London 1 and 6. Is it totally paperless or will I get tickets in next 2 weeks ?

Thanks

Totally paperless you get in with the card you paid with. :up:

Ps. Your message nearly gave me a fucking heart attack. Thought I was missing a GA drop at work!!

I was fiddling with tickets for Belfast (just because), however it doesn't give the option to select an address outside Northern Ireland / ROI / GB for delivery ('Standard Post' is the only option available). This is the case even if I add an address / billing info on my account beforehand. What's the deal?

My friend just got a GA for London 1 on AXS , not sure if there's a drop across them all?

Ga still available for london 1 but not any of the others. Seats are being dropped all the time though

Looking for a GA drop for London 4

Back
Top Bottom