Registering and participating at U2interference.com constitutes agreement to abide by the Social Knowledge Network Terms of Service (Social Knowledge is the company that owns this forum). We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without giving prior notice to you.
There is no charge for joining this Forum! The goal of this forum is to provide a friendly and informative place for people to share info, meet fellow US fans, post personal experiences, and spend some time with like-minded people. Our forum is intended to reflect our passion for U2, that is why it exists. Please respect your fellow members online just as you would if you were face-to-face at an event.
Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand and above all be nice. If you come across any violations of these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let us know through the Report Post function or the Forums Contact Form. We'll be happy to address your concerns.
We aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again. Treating each other with respect and kindness, and thinking before you speak will go a long way towards making this an enjoyable place.
- Our rules extend to all sections of the website including private messaging.
- Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.
- Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
- Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track.
- Participants may not post or bump threads to pad post counts. Bumping is posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot.
- Do not post the same discussion more than once or in many forums.
- Do not post private communications (or screenshots) on the forum.
- Posts containing rude, explicit, obscene or vulgar language or abbreviations, images or links to websites with adult content/images or punctuation marks designed to "trick" our obscenity filter may be removed.
- Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit, or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account.
- Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
- Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
- Discussions about politics and religion are not permitted.
- We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness.
Do not post protected / copyrighted content:
- NO SPAM! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for-profit or not-for-profit. Participants may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest.
- Do not use posts to promote your blog, videos, surveys or contests. You may place a single link in your signature to a noncommercial blog once you have become a trusted member. New members may not have signature links.
- Forum members should use the standard fonts available on the forum. The standard font size is 2. The use of bold, large, or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting will be removed or modified at our discretion; e.g. all caps or excessive color.
- E-mail and web addresses are not appropriate forum user names.
- Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Netspeak, LOL speak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) are difficult to read and may be edited or posts removed. (maybe strike)
- The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.
Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted without the consent of the owner. Copyrighted material includes images and text produced and owned by others. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and distributed. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
Sharing music/MP3s/posting links, etc.?
The moderators would like to remind you that the trading of any commercially released song is strictly against the rules. This is also true of any song for which the artist has not authorized reproduction/distribution.
Signatures must be set up in your profile rather than manually added to your messages. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.
Sales and Customer Disputes
- Signature may not include email addresses, commercial links, links to competing websites, prompts to contact, sales pitches or off-site surveys.
- Signatures must follow our forums posting standards.
- New members may not have signature links.
Selling merchandise, concert tickets, or any other items above face value is strictly prohibited. (do we need this?)
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer or dealer through other means but not through our community.
About the First Amendment and your "right to free speech"
You do indeed have a right to free speech. However, this forum is privately owned and requires members to abide by our guidelines and by the decisions of our moderators. If you cannot accept these guidelines we encourage you to contact one of the many good web hosting companies out there and exercise that right to your heart's content.
Site Management & Member Concerns
If we feel the guidelines are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our administrators or moderators may result in immediate suspension of your account. Complaints about a moderator's decision regarding a particular post are not to be made in posts; instead, send a direct message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, please contact any moderator or administrator via Direct Message with your concerns. Do not repost deleted material.
Reporting a Problem:
This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option, via the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of each page, or via PM. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.
Requests for changes to your account should be made by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of every forum page.
Participants may only have one account.
Moderators may consolidate or delete multiple accounts.
We may delete accounts that have no posts. If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (if requested and at our discretion) disable your account. When we disable your account we may do the following:
Change the user name.
Remove signature content
Remove any info from the profile that might be identifying or replace it with fictitious info
Remove all subscriptions
Remove e-mail address or alter as well as personal website info
Change account options to refuse Direct Messages and E-mails from members and admins
After doing all this - ban account
Where you make use of the communication features to share information with other individuals, however, (e.g., sending a personal message to another Forum user) we generally cannot remove such communications. Also, if someone quoted your post, the original user name may be shown as having been quoted (which we cannot purge). If you would like to disable your account, please use the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page to make this request.
Someone has to interpret the above guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it's up to our site staff to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact us.