PGP: I'm Dreaming of a U2 Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking they just find chefs who want their 15 minutes.

My brother is certainly not like that, though he's met a couple.... maybe he's just the exception that proves the rule? Then again, his teacher Penny isn't like that either. She's just completely awesome. :shrug:

My brother is certainly not like that, though he's met a couple.... maybe he's just the exception that proves the rule? Then again, his teacher Penny isn't like that either. She's just completely awesome. :shrug:

I'm sure it like any reality show where they pick the most extreme characters. And boy does that show ever....

I saw a little super tiny bit of "Trial of a Time Lord" back on PBS in the mid 90's, and of course, the tv movie (Paul McGann :love:), but, for the most part, my only Who has been the new series.

I haven't seen Trial of a Time Lord yet, although I have the DVDs. I have this bad habit of buying them faster than I watch them... :reject: I also want to get The Time Warrior (Sarah Jane's first story) and The War Games (a whopping ten-part story, the last for the Second Doctor and the first time the Time Lords are mentioned or seen).

I do feel sorry for Paul McGann... he did a pretty good job and he only got that one TV movie. I should get hold of some of the audio dramas he's done as the 8th Doctor.

Tennant :drool::love::love:
Have you watched the specials celebrating the 50th anniversary? They have interview clips with him, and he's looking a bit scruffy.... but in a totally sexy way. :drool:

Indeed... :love:

I haven't really seen anything around the 50th anniversary... I've been wary of spoilers. I'll check those out though!

There's a series of docos about Shakespeare plays called Shakespeare Uncovered... David Tennant is doing the last in the series, about Hamlet (of course). Can't wait to see it, I loved the Hamlet he did with Patrick Stewart.

I saw the one about Richard IV last week, with Derek Jacobi. :up:

Nice you got a good deal Ali, what kind of laptop did you get?

It's a Toshiba something-or-other... no complaints so far! Other than I wish the battery lasted longer, but it's plugged in at home most of the time anyway (with the battery disconnected).

:uhoh: Does this remind anyone else of the Godfather U2 clip? Edge's goat noises? No? I'll show myself out.

:reject:

Bahahaha, you're right! :lol:

Can't believe I forgot to look for that comet while it was visible down here! :doh: I'll be watching for that big one at the end of this year though.

Also... today was my shave day for the World's Greatest Shave. My head is fuzzy!

Can't believe I forgot to look for that comet while it was visible down here! :doh: I'll be watching for that big one at the end of this year though.

Also... today was my shave day for the World's Greatest Shave. My head is fuzzy!

I came close to shave day. My hair is hella short right now.

was icefishing today :lol:

Trkj9g8.jpg

I haven't seen Trial of a Time Lord yet, although I have the DVDs. I have this bad habit of buying them faster than I watch them... :reject: I also want to get The Time Warrior (Sarah Jane's first story) and The War Games (a whopping ten-part story, the last for the Second Doctor and the first time the Time Lords are mentioned or seen).

I do feel sorry for Paul McGann... he did a pretty good job and he only got that one TV movie. I should get hold of some of the audio dramas he's done as the 8th Doctor.
I have that habit too, but not just with DW DVDs.... it's all DVDs. :lol:

I loved the TV movie. I really want to get the audio dramas, but I can never find them... and the novels. :reject:

Indeed... :love:

I haven't really seen anything around the 50th anniversary... I've been wary of spoilers. I'll check those out though!

There's a series of docos about Shakespeare plays called Shakespeare Uncovered... David Tennant is doing the last in the series, about Hamlet (of course). Can't wait to see it, I loved the Hamlet he did with Patrick Stewart.

I saw the one about Richard IV last week, with Derek Jacobi. :up:
Of course. That was a beautifully done tv movie/play thing.... I even made my mom watch it with me. Twice.

I may have to look those documentaries up.... I do love Shakespeare. :hmm:

was icefishing today :lol:

Trkj9g8.jpg
:lol:

:wave: Hope you're all doing well.

He didn't have a good first night.....

And are all chefs like that or do they find the trashiest chefs in America?

I may have mentioned this on here before, but if you want to watch a good Gordon Ramsey series, check out the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares. It's SO much better than the US version. He's still somewhat grumpy and very (unedited!) sweary, but it's much less sensationalized than the US iteration of his shows. But he's also funny and caring, and you can tell that he genuinely wants the restaurants to succeed. He's as much a therapist as a restaurant rescuer. Once I saw these, I wasn't really able to watch any US versions of his shows...they're so edited for drama, and they're basically crap in comparison. The UK versions of Restaurant Nightmares are currently on Netflix Canada, not sure about US, but you can easily find them to download, too.

:wave:

:applaud: yay, ali! :applaud:

*rubs her fuzzy head for good luck* :D

hi weldy :wave:
i really enjoyed the remake- all the actors shine

ah comet sighting will have to wait for another time for me,
heh.... now I just realized :der: where I might have been able to see it ( a stop on my way home would gotten me to a park that overlooks the wrestern horizon*makes note foe next year* :D

VP :lol: all I've ever seen is the US Kitchen Nightmares version.... interesting, the difference

:wave: Hope you're all doing well.

I may have mentioned this on here before, but if you want to watch a good Gordon Ramsey series, check out the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares. It's SO much better than the US version. He's still somewhat grumpy and very (unedited!) sweary, but it's much less sensationalized than the US iteration of his shows. But he's also funny and caring, and you can tell that he genuinely wants the restaurants to succeed. He's as much a therapist as a restaurant rescuer. Once I saw these, I wasn't really able to watch any US versions of his shows...they're so edited for drama, and they're basically crap in comparison. The UK versions of Restaurant Nightmares are currently on Netflix Canada, not sure about US, but you can easily find them to download, too.

Agreed with that. My mum and I have been watching Masterchef a lot here. We LOVED the Australian one, the French one, the UK ones... but the US one? It really was only a wee bit about the food and 90% of it was contestant drama, bitching each other and blaming each other when they failed. While the other shows were much less drama, and when a contestant failed, they righteously blamed themselves. And there was far less swearing. Next to none I'd say in the Aussie one. I love Ramsey, even with his swearing(it's his trademark pretty much), but yeah, we finished season one of US masterchef but didn't watch the second one. I hope the Aussie comes back with a new season soon, or that they start airing Hell's kitchen soon.

Back
Top Bottom