Seattle, WA Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2rulesmyworld said:
Coming right up, since its so common for u2 to allow cameras in while they are soundchecking and working out the kinks.

Would you like the back stage dressing room footage of them changing and discussing doing an all covers set for the night too?

I was talking about the audio I know they don't allow camaras I am not stupid. People always record soundchecks from the lines or out side of the stadium.

I won't repost my whiny "poor me" story about how I bailed on the GA line (despite being #46), but I will say that if there is a separate entrance for GA on this tour, you do not need to do the line up.

I went in the west gates at 5, got my wristband, and immediately spotted Tim, Nic, Chrisedge and Thora on the rail, Edge's side. Cool, I thought! Second row of the rail! I stopped there, and my other friends went into the pit, Edge's side (they were on back rail, but way in the back on side of stage; tons of space, had a ball).

Of course, by the time U2 came out, I was on the rail. Can't beat that.

I can't really compare the show to others, it's too fresh, but it sure felt awesome. Bono's voice sounded a little rough in a few small spots, but geez, they sounded great. The sound was good up front, but I couldn't make out some of what Bono was saying between songs.

Had just a great time. Getting to see Even Better and Zooropa was just amazing, and COBL - Crazy is still my favorite part of the show. Except now I can say Zooropa - Crazy. :wink:

So happy I got to be near friends during the show, that really made it a special experience as well.

Met a few new Interferencers, including Jeannieco (I recognized you from your profile pic! I saw you and thought "That HAS to be her." :lol: ). Tried to meet up with a few more, but didn't quite work it out.

Ha! First in GA with a close spot. I saw 4 shows in 2009 (Both Chicago shows, Vegas and Vancouver). I had GA 3 of those 4 shows, and this was the first time I didn't hang in the back by the soundboard.

Yeah, it was pretty damned stellar. I didn't even mind hearing Pride. It felt like so long since I'd heard it, much less enjoyed it, so it was cool.

but I will say that if there is a separate entrance for GA on this tour, you do not need to do the line up.

I went in the west gates at 5, got my wristband, and immediately spotted Tim, Nic, Chrisedge and Thora on the rail, Edge's side. Cool, I thought! Second row of the rail! I stopped there

Of course, by the time U2 came out, I was on the rail. Can't beat that.

:up:

That's great!

So you didn't line up at all during the day?

I might have to bring this info over to the Oakland thread to ease people's mind. As the line has already started there today.

I didn't line up in Denver because my sister didn't want to and I wanted to hang with her in the back. We got there when the doors opened and didn't see any GA line so I assumed everyone was already inside and was disappointed because I wanted to walk down the line and say hi to people I knew. So we just walked in the first door we got to and waltzed right on down to the floor where I saw the GA line was just being let in from the other side of the building. I thought this can't be happening, I have just accidentally beat most of the people who waited in line probably 12hrs.

lol. damn.

but incredibly awesome too

don't let chris hear about this or he will e-yell at you

The Fly sounds a bit different than it did in 2005/2006. Most notably, I think the drums are back to what they were in 1992/1993 and 2001 (a change I definitely approve of). Bono's singing of the verses sounds just... better. Is it lower? And the guitar sounds a bit different, but it's hard to tell.

Also, huge thanks to Chrisedge, for being awesome as usual!

digitize said:
The Fly sounds a bit different than it did in 2005/2006. Most notably, I think the drums are back to what they were in 1992/1993 and 2001 (a change I definitely approve of). Bono's singing of the verses sounds just... better. Is it lower? And the guitar sounds a bit different, but it's hard to tell.

I think his guitar may sound different because Edge might be using the les pual (which was used during elevation) instead of the line 6 guitar that was used during vertigo.

Just a thought.....

I think his guitar may sound different because Edge might be using the les pual (which was used during elevation) instead of the line 6 guitar that was used during vertigo.

Just a thought.....

I wouldn't be surprised. The tone is different. I like it a lot.

This performance also sounds pretty tight... unlike most of the time on the Vertigo Tour. :wink:

I hope this makes it's way into the setlist at some point...like in Montreal.. :pray: :wink:

Awesome!! I :heart: The Fly:applaud:

Just a thought.....

thank fuck if he is :lol:

What GA line mess, I was about 800 line and it all seemed to go smoothly for me. I got a good spot and it was a good show.

I will say the front of the line should have been better protected and the wrist bands should have had #'s on them, they did it in mexico, not sure why they cant do it in the US

I agree, we were about 350th or so in line, and I have to commend the staff at Qwest for doing an amazing job considering the situation.

They did very well keeping us informed timewise what was happening outside. About 12:30pm, they started walking down telling everyone to try to make a smooth pass through the lines so they could get everyones wristbands taken care of. Then getting the message passed along that we needed to get all of our things back to our cars/hotels no later than 3pm.

The two of us walked back to my truck down on 1st and Main, and came back to the line. About 15 minutes later, slightly after 4pm, they let the first large group inside the gates and lined up outside one of the entryways, stopping at about 400 peeps or so. (they didnt scan anyone else in at that point, waiting until our first group was inside).

They did an excellent job, and I cant say enough how professional the entire crew was, but then again, managing a U2 crowd must be easy by comparison to other concerts.

The best part of the GA line was me going off on the line cutters. I was on fire! :)

I should have spoken up a couple of times, but we were far enough forward that I knew it wouldnt effect our getting close to the stage.

People though were in pairs, and then at 2-3 pm 3-4 of their friends would show up and hop into the line. Most of this happening behind me though so I didnt care much.

god that's gorgeous . . . :)
it's so pretty it's making me cry :reject:

ooh, sound :)

Standing in 2nd row down there, and seeing the mirror ball lighting up stadium, along with everyone holding up their phones, was unreal.

Actually almost brought a tear of joy to my eyes as it was so much to take in at one time. Sensory overload for eyes and ears. Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom