Seattle, WA Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys Fly video please!!!! The soundcheck'd one!
Yes, please. :drool:
It definitely seems like they're preparing The Fly for its glorious return...they do tend to soundcheck new songs a few times before adding them to the show. As long as we get it before Chicago and it stays in the setlist, I'm good. :pray:

There won't be any video of the soundcheck. Chris' video is from the entry way. The audio sounds pretty good though.

seattle22011.jpg

:drool:

I really love the Beautiful Day intro, especially when Mark says "I'm looking forward to come home, tell my wife I love her" after what happened earlier in the year in Tucson - thought that sounds like a lyric from Space Oddity :wink:. Hope it stays (though I think the only thing that'll change is when Mark says "Hello Seattle" in the beginning - might be modified as the tour goes on).

Must have been another great show, Qwest Field looked packed!

I feel like I've been hit by a train (make that a steam train) but man that was fun. I sure hated that holding pen waiting for the gate to open (except for hearing soundcheck of course) and was disappointed to see some appalling behavior from some of the people I hung out with all day but that's on their conscience not mine. Had a blast, though, and looking forward to my douchebag seat Nashville.

I need some of that Seattle coffee now.
:wave:

:drool:

I really love the Beautiful Day intro, especially when Mark says "I'm looking forward to come home, tell my wife I love her" after what happened earlier in the year in Tuscon - thought that sounds like a lyric from Space Oddity :wink:. Hope it stays (though I think the only thing that'll change is when Mark says "Hello Seattle" in the beginning - might be modified as the tour goes on).

Must have been another great show, Qwest Field looked packed!

Haha yeah I love the reference to Space Oddity "tell my wife I love her, she knows". But as you say it does have a very strong emotional connection coming from Commander Kelly after his wife's ordeal. Great man!

I'm interested to hear about the GA line mess. Can anyone fill me in??

ryancoke71 said:
I'm interested to hear about the GA line mess. Can anyone fill me in??

They didn't separate everyone out as they did in Denver. They let everyone through all at once and it turned into a bottleneck as people tried to get through one entry-way.

There is a video in this thread or the other one. I'll post my entry video tonight when I get home.

Had a blast last night! Could not believe the reception the entire stadium gave the boys! They were impressed! Seattle is known for loud crowds and even the nose bleeds were up and dancing! So much fun! Sorry about the GA thing... sounds awful, I was on the rail in RZ 1 1st spot to the far right! It was a mess too for us entering the stadium, very unorganised, but I totally lucked out and was 2nd RZ person in the stadium. Ran for the rail!!
I had the time of my life! Saw Cori in the crowd on the back rail in GA! We have never met, but she spotted me and we waved at each other! Too funny!
The day was like a dream for me, the weather was PERFECTION and Bono commented on it. :heart: More later!

They didn't separate everyone out as they did in Denver. They let everyone through all at once and it turned into a bottleneck as people tried to get through one entry-way.

There is a video in this thread or the other one. I'll post my entry video tonight when I get home.

You were in Denver? How did I miss that? Oh right, because I was hanging with my sister and not doing the Interference thing. How did you think the two shows compared?

That was a really tense situation. I had to suppress an anxiety attack from being a part of this fan madness. But it was cool when everyone started singing along with soundcheck though annoying that we couldn't hear it as well as we could have back where we'd been all day.

I also attended the Vancouver show in 09 and the nose bleed sound quality in Seattle was significantly worse. My sister who is not familiar with U2's music could hardly make out any of the words :(. It was a great show though --- HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE crowd and everyone had a great time.

Chrisedge said:
The best part of the GA line was me going off on the line cutters. I was on fire! :)

Wish I would have the camera rolling for that.

"...well aren't you a unique snowflake!"

What GA line mess, I was about 800 line and it all seemed to go smoothly for me. I got a good spot and it was a good show.

I will say the front of the line should have been better protected and the wrist bands should have had #'s on them, they did it in mexico, not sure why they cant do it in the US

Ok guys Fly video please!!!! The soundcheck'd one!

Coming right up, since its so common for u2 to allow cameras in while they are soundchecking and working out the kinks.

Would you like the back stage dressing room footage of them changing and discussing doing an all covers set for the night too?

This was my first show so I'm not familiar w/ how it usually works but everything seemed really slow to start up. Lenny didn't even start til 7:30 and it looked like the stadium was far from full at that point. It wasn't till U2 started (around 8:30 I'm guessing) that the place was filled up. I don't understand why you'd go to a concert at 8:00 when the tickets say 7:00.

I'm probably just clueless though. I showed up at 6:15.

shart1780 said:
This was my first show so I'm not familiar w/ how it usually works but everything seemed really slow to start up. Lenny didn't even start til 7:30 and it looked like the stadium was far from full at that point. It wasn't till U2 started (around 8:30 I'm guessing) that the place was filled up. I don't understand why you'd go to a concert at 8:00 when the tickets say 7:00.

I'm probably just clueless though. I showed up at 6:15.

According to the security guys and their schedule sheets, Lenny was supposed to start at 730. U2 came on at 9

Some people aren't into the opening act, but if i'm paying a pretty penny for good seats I'm getting there early.

Coming right up, since its so common for u2 to allow cameras in while they are soundchecking and working out the kinks.

Would you like the back stage dressing room footage of them changing and discussing doing an all covers set for the night too?

I mentioned eariler that I (video) taped the holding area while they did it...I am transfering as we speak...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom