MLB 2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many empty bottles of Evan Williams bourbon do we think are strewn across the floor of GAF's apartment at the moment?

31 wins, the next worst team is at 51. OOF.

I know he was good on the Cubs, but why wasn't he *this* good?
I don't know about that. He's only marginally better than his Cubs years (minus the monster year he had in 2019). He's also striking out WAY more than he did with the Cubs. I had him on my fantasy team most of the year this year but dropped him recently because of that. He's the ultimate "home run or strikeout" guy.

"the ultimate home run or strikeout guy" has 22 more walks than anyone else in the NL.

He already has more HRs, more RBIs, more SBs, more BBs in less than 3 full seasons with Philly than he did during his entire 6 full seasons with the Cubs, but yea sure he's "only marginally better" now lol.

Last edited:
"the ultimate home run or strikeout guy" has 22 more walks than anyone else in the NL.

and he already has more HRs, more RBIs, more SBs, more BBs in less than 3 full seasons with Philly than he did during his entire 6 full seasons with the Cubs, but yea sure he's "only marginally better" now.

LMAO.
OPS with the Cubs:
842 in 2015
823 in 2018
871 in 2019
OPS with the Phillies:
827 in 2022
817 in 2023
843 in 2024

Where's the dramatic increase? Not a big difference. Slugging percentage is comparable to the Cubs years, as well.

Also, he didn't have "6 full seasons with the Cubs." He played 69 games in 2015, missed basically all of 2016, and played 59 in 2020.

He hit a whopping .197 last year. Worst in the game.

Dude led the league in strikeouts the last two years and is currently third. He's seventh among active players in most 4-strikeout games.

Six seasons with the Cubs- 591 Ks. Less than three seasons in Philly- 583 Ks.

He's a fine player, certainly. Believe me, his comeback in 2016 for us was remarkable. But there's downside.

Last edited:
GXWi9XuW4AAQ0vV

WINS, LAST 90 GAMES
  • 57 NYM
  • 56 ARI
  • 54 SD
  • 53 LAD HOU
  • 52 MIL
  • 49 PHI
  • 47 ATL CIN DET MIN CHC
  • 46 BAL CLE KC NYY
  • 45 STL BOS TB
  • 44 PIT TEX SEA
  • 43 SF
  • 42 TOR
  • 41 OAK
  • 39 LAA WSH
  • 35 MIA
  • 34 COL
  • 18 CWS

damn gaf.

With playing you all twice, plus Atlanta and Milwaukee (and the Nats) to close it out here it's entirely possible that we end with the best record in baseball for the last 110 games of the season and still not make the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom