Met Bono as he arrived to Giants last night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see when Bono grabbed your cell phone:drool::cute:
For everybody watch this special moment:
http://www.youtube.com/v/OEPlM1VH9xI
:heart:

SO FREAKIN AWSEOME!!:applaud:

I LOVE how Bono was showing off the RS cover!!

The begining the video of scared me a bit for the fans who had been waiting hours to see Bono/band. When people start pushing and shouting (Bono does'nt like it!) Brian will sometimes make the desion to just take Bono away if the crowd gets rowdy. I've seen it happen quite a few times.

Thanks for this video!! :applaud::drool:
I can see my husband's head (he's tall!) - he said he should've taken MY picture ... i was 'glowing" just to SEE him. LOL!
It captures the whole feel and energy perfectly - started to get chaotic at first. Some people are just selfish and expect special treatment , yet Bono is always so accommodating. We are very lucky he is that way.

I'm having lots of computer issues right now, so -Thanks to kassandra for posting the pictures . :hug:

Some more pictures taken by Neil:

bono.jpg
[/IMG]

edge.jpg
[/IMG]

adam.jpg
[/IMG]

These were from SNL

Nice! The beginning of the video was hilarious! Everyone saying "Don't run, he'll leave" and stuff. Like Bono is a shy animal that'll run away at any sign of movement. :lol:

when you meet a Bono in the wild, don't run away! Look him straight in the eyes and make yourself appear bigger. If he talks, make a yelling, growling sound, and you should be safe.

Thank you kassandra for posting the photos :) Bono is looking so hot . I love it when part of his shirt is unbutton. :drool:

We were walking around the stadium to try to find the GA line and say hi to everyone when we saw a few people standing around. Cathal was there so we stopped to say hi and he told us that the band enters at this gate and Bono came out the night before to say hi.

We decided to hang around, of course I didn't have my camera or anything to get an autograph with. After awhile, Larry drove in actually he whizzed right by us talking on his cellphone. Then Edge and Adam drove by. Last, Bono came by. His car drove inside but then he got out and walked over to us!

He had a picture of the band on the cover of RS and told us "Your favorite band is going to be on the cover of Rolling Stone coming up" He chatted with a few fans, shook some hands, took a few pictures and gave this woman a HUGE hug! She almost died! I was right next to her but she pushed me out of the way and got in front of me :|. After that the crowd started to get pushy and he left so I never got to shake his hand. I was able to say hi to him though. BLM's husband got a few pictures we will post later.

How awesome is it of Bono to come out to say hi to a few fans right before a huge show? He is amazing! I then walked on clouds back to the arena!

Hi - I'm the one who got the long hug from Bono that day - I am soooo sorry if I did push you, I seriously don't remember doing that - I was really just trying to stay calm and may have been pushed in to you. That HUGE hug, as you described it - was the most amazing thing in the world. I also kissed his neck and told him I loved him. I can't believe I stayed calm enough to say words to him.

Again, sorry. I am looking for pics of the hug. I see myself taking pics of him in the photos posted here. My friends got two pics - still looking for more. Have you seen the youtube video - "meeting bono". It's incredible and captures it.

Mari

It sucks I didn't get a chance to greet him but it was cool to actually see him. Pushing is just not cool, but I understand what happened to you. :hug:

See, I read this and, whilst I'm obviously pleased for those who got a chance to meet Bono, I do feel a little frustrated that he didn't do the same outside Croke Park when I waited by the back gate for about 4 hours!! Only to drive by, and there was only a small group of people waiting so its not like he would have been mobbed!! :|

I also kissed his neck and told him I loved him. I can't believe I stayed calm enough to say words to him.

I am looking for pics of the hug. I see myself taking pics of him in the photos posted here.
Mari

Mari...what a incredible and cute moment:ohmy:
Not just you as I don't believe how you stayed calm with this man in front of you:sad::drool:
One day,I hope to get this huge hug from Bono:cute::hug::drool:
Thanks for share this moment with us:wave:

OMFG how sad is that! :huh:

Says she, who each time she has met him has babbled nonsense, whilst going :drool::combust::faint::lol:

Way to go :rockon: IF ONLY I had the bravado to do that :drool:

My Dad - who is 75 years old - loved Sinatra. It took him 40 years to shake his hand. No words would come out when he finally did. My Mom, however, told him how wonderful he was and he spoke to her. I guess I have some of both my parents in me!!! :)

We were walking around the stadium to try to find the GA line and say hi to everyone when we saw a few people standing around. Cathal was there so we stopped to say hi and he told us that the band enters at this gate and Bono came out the night before to say hi.

We decided to hang around, of course I didn't have my camera or anything to get an autograph with. After awhile, Larry drove in actually he whizzed right by us talking on his cellphone. Then Edge and Adam drove by. Last, Bono came by. His car drove inside but then he got out and walked over to us!

He had a picture of the band on the cover of RS and told us "Your favorite band is going to be on the cover of Rolling Stone coming up" He chatted with a few fans, shook some hands, took a few pictures and gave this woman a HUGE hug! She almost died! I was right next to her but she pushed me out of the way and got in front of me :|. After that the crowd started to get pushy and he left so I never got to shake his hand. I was able to say hi to him though. BLM's husband got a few pictures we will post later.

How awesome is it of Bono to come out to say hi to a few fans right before a huge show? He is amazing! I then walked on clouds back to the arena!

I never heard about this Maria. So happy for you!!

Around 1:25, a young man gives Bono a marker to sign his ticket, but Bono uses it to sign everyone else's stuff except his. And you can see him trying to get Bono to sign his ticket, but Bono just keeps walking away. At 2:28 Bono walks away for good and the kid says "Bono. Bono my marker!".

Poor guy. No autograph, and lost his marker. Well, at least he lost it to Bono.

Achtung11 The same thing happend to me in 2006 well I got his autograph but my marker went with Bono all i had was the lid to it.

He has a collection of them under his bed. He looks at them every night before going to sleep.

:shh:

:applaud:YEA! thank you Kassandra for sharing your pics!! I hope you get a one-on-one opt soon! i have yet to meet him-Bono:heart:-but I Will! this gives me hope! and to party girl-i hear ya on that one! don't want to bother anyone!!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom