Anaheim II Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who posted a review on u2tours said they wished they booked for the first night, so just shows you really cant please everyone

Ya, I miss the passionate Bono of years ago too.
When you see it return for just a split second or two these days it's very special. Too bad it's a rare occassion.
You guys were very fortunate last night. I think when there is something emotional going on that puts a new spin on things when Bono sings. Obviously :D

I'm kind of surprised you only see passion in Bono's performances now as split-second and rare. Wow, that hasn't been my perception at all, but I guess people see things differently!

I'm kind of surprised you only see passion in Bono's performances now as split-second and rare. Wow, that hasn't been my perception at all, but I guess people see things differently!

I mean crazy passion. Like jumping off the stage running around like he's on fire! :lol: I can't remember the last time he did that. He is very passionate in general.:heart: He is Irish afterall :sexywink:
But, he's seems a little stoic lately from what I have seen lately see anyway. But what do I know? It's all perspective. And I very well could have missed a video or two from the shows... but in Seattle I was on the rail front row spot in RZ1 so psyched to have the chance to finally have some B man interaction and he walked by us once. Very quickly. That's it. He spent the whole time on Adam's side except for Miss S. So I am not a good judge of these things I guess since I couldn't see him most of the night!!!! AND!!! Don't get me wrong..that's NOT the meter by which I measure passion, whether or not he stands in front of me and grabs my hand. :lol:
I still had the night of my life at the Seattle show!!:heart: I love him, and his passion don't get me wrong. I just haven't seen much of the crazy jump around, run around the stage, "light myself on fire" Bono lately from my experience. But if you can show me examples go right ahead! I would love to see! :heart:

I mean crazy passion. Like jumping off the stage running around like he's on fire! :lol: I can't remember the last time he did that. He is very passionate in general.:heart: He is Irish afterall :sexywink:
But, he's seems a little stoic lately from what I have seen lately see anyway. But what do I know? It's all perspective. And I very well could have missed a video or two from the shows... but in Seattle I was on the rail front row spot in RZ1 so psyched to have the chance to finally have some B man interaction and he walked by us once. Very quickly. That's it. He spent the whole time on Adam's side except for Miss S. So I am not a good judge of these things I guess since I couldn't see him most of the night!!!! AND!!! Don't get me wrong..that's NOT the meter by which I measure passion, whether or not he stands in front of me and grabs my hand. :lol:
I still had the night of my life at the Seattle show!!:heart: I love him, and his passion don't get me wrong. I just haven't seen much of the crazy jump around, run around the stage, "light myself on fire" Bono lately from my experience. But if you can show me examples go right ahead! I would love to see! :heart:

Ah ok. You were talking about a physical jumping around performance. I think it just seems he's being more careful of his back right now!

Ah ok. You were talking about a physical jumping around performance. I think it just seems he's being more careful of his back right now!

And I can't imagine I'll be as spry at 51 as I was at 20, 30 or 40.

But seriously, you guys.

SERIOUSLY.

What a show.

Ummm...I'd say this was the best setlist I've seen in a while. Especially with Streets played early.

Here it is in black and white. :D

setlistAnaheim26-18-2011.jpg

AB is my favorite album ever and everything, and I think it's amazing that The Fly was played, but doesn't five AB songs in a row at the start of the show seem a little... much?

1. Pretty clearly a run through for a set that is, and has every right to be, a pure Greatest Hits/Nostalgia set.

2. It's their own fault for these days only being able to write 'rockers' that can't hold a fucking candle to those Achtung songs.

1. It's pretty obvious that's what it was. They had a chance to have a set of "we're a great live band, we will have songs from all albums" or "we're 50 and 30 years in our career but we still care about our latest album, here's 7 songs off NLOTH".
Or at least pretend they care about the new songs by playing one or two songs off those 2010 Europe songs, next to the measly 4 or so NLOTH songs still in the set.

Instead they went for the "we used to be great...and btw we're having a new remaster out this year" setlist.

2. A good live set needn't be loaded with rockers. And U2 has plenty of good live material from "these days" to replace that block of 5 AB songs in the set.

Weak for a band that prides itself on always looking forward.

360 ? More like Zoo TV 2.0...

1. It's pretty obvious that's what it was. They had a chance to have a set of "we're a great live band, we will have songs from all albums" or "we're 50 and 30 years in our career but we still care about our latest album, here's 7 songs off NLOTH".
Or at least pretend they care about the new songs by playing one or two songs off those 2010 Europe songs, next to the measly 4 or so NLOTH songs still in the set.

Instead they went for the "we used to be great...and btw we're having a new remaster out this year" setlist.

2. A good live set needn't be loaded with rockers. And U2 has plenty of good live material from "these days" to replace that block of 5 AB songs in the set.

Weak for a band that prides itself on always looking forward.

360 ? More like Zoo TV 2.0...

The more Blue Crack, The more I learn how no one is ultimately left feeling content in the end!!! ...and so we voice our opinions!! :rant: ...I for one could die right after experiencing what Anaheim2 :heart: had the fortune of experiencing, them 50,000 are the luckiest bunch of fans so far during this 360 tour, and you know what, I commend the band for practicing what they preach, U2 are not too close to their material to accept criticism, re-invent themselves, and play what "really" works!!! ...Achtung Baby WORKS!!! ...Thank you U2 for a taste of ZooTV 2.0!!!

A good live set needn't be loaded with rockers.

U2-concert-the-claw.jpg

For this kind of a setting, yeah it does. If we were talking about an intimate arena show, maybe you'd have a point.

Not that the Anaheim 2 set, apart from the opening songs, was in fact "loaded" with rockers.

And U2 has plenty of good live material from "these days" to replace that block of 5 AB songs in the set.

Nah.

I'd sure as hell prefer a bunch of AB material than pretty much anything off NLOTH just to keep notorious whingers like u2girl happy! Christ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom