Songs of Experience - Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
David-Brent.jpg

Brent_2840426b.jpg

Last edited:
@tu2 are reporting that based in the full length I will follow on the bands vevo channel that it is cut from all 4 nights.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The various quotes from U2 which say that by the end of the tour these were some of the best shows they've done, yet virtually no acknowledgement of Pop in the last 15 years?

You don't think they always say that during or fresh off a tour?

The various quotes from U2 which say that by the end of the tour these were some of the best shows they've done, yet virtually no acknowledgement of Pop in the last 15 years?

While Pop is not my favorite album, mixing in a song or two during their shows would be refreshing. Zooropa doesn't get the play it deserves either. I wish U2 were fluid enough to play shows like Springsteen and Pearl Jam...:sigh:

They've made these quotes years later though e.g. from 2009 Just the 2 of U

I tend to agree with him. In an interview with Willie Williams a few years back he said the same thing. About how he looks back at Popmart and is amazed at what they did in 1997-98.

I was at the famous Vegas show and felt empty after the show. You saw the potential of the Popmart but U2 they failed to deliver that night. Several months later (Nov) I saw the show again and Popmart was an animal live. Some might say too polished but they nailed that set & show. From beginning to end Popmart has a great set & flow.

Weren't the pop set lists basically all pop songs? I saw them at giants stadium but I was only like 9. I only remember the lemon. I remember reading that was a complaint that "old school u2 fans" even felt more alienated after zoo tv.

Weren't the pop set lists basically all pop songs? I saw them at giants stadium but I was only like 9. I only remember the lemon. I remember reading that was a complaint that "old school u2 fans" even felt more alienated after zoo tv.

Pop, as it happens, had the best live representation of any album since Boy. 11 songs played live, and the 12th snippeted.

U2 PopMart Tour - U2 on tour

And they were all just glorious live. Though, I felt Gone was better on Elevation tour.

Granted they were much, much younger....but I do miss some of the harder rock songs that Pop turned into live.

Just great driving guitar by Edge back then.

And they were all just glorious live. Though, I felt Gone was better on Elevation tour.

Granted they were much, much younger....but I do miss some of the harder rock songs that Pop turned into live.

Just great driving guitar by Edge back then.

Yes. Even Miami was really good live.

Slightly weird statement. Sounds as if he was Eno. SOI was his first time working with U2 if I'm not mistaken.
But nice to hear something about SOE even if it doesn't really teach us much.

Makes me wonder if they trashed a lot of songs again and went back to Tedder. "Most exciting since All That You Can't Leave behind...match or beat this record". Not exactly the things I was expecting nor wanting to read. They still want another Beautiful Day or Vertigo. I guess I can't blame them. It's been awhile since they had a huge song.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom