Question about rehearsals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^Ohmigosh, I'm so embarrassed. To think my life revolves Adam. Momentary mind lapse, I swear!

In the Salt Lake, I was 4 rows from the very front. When Stuart was pasting down Adam's setlist, I wanted to yell out "Stuart!" cos the music was relatively quiet then. But I chickened out cos I didn't know what to say if he did look up/ "Take care of Adam?" "I love you? (cos I don't love Stuart)

Guys, is it rude to yell out during the show? I really want to get Adam's gaze, just for a sec. I think the must quiet time is when Bono is hemming and hawing or talking to just yell "Adamie!!" Is that rude to the fans in the GA pit around me? (I guess it's a little rude to Bono)

There's plenty of people screaming out. I don't see the point, the band members aren't going to respond to you since they're used to having their names shouted on a nightly basis. It won't make a difference and there's no point in doing it.. so what if you shout and they look at you, does that mean your life is now complete? :shrug:

In the Salt Lake, I was 4 rows from the very front. When Stuart was pasting down Adam's setlist, I wanted to yell out "Stuart!" cos the music was relatively quiet then. But I chickened out cos I didn't know what to say if he did look up/ "Take care of Adam?" "I love you? (cos I don't love Stuart)
:lol: Nothing wrong with giving Stu some love too. In Seattle I was on the outer rail, and when Stuart passed by the outer circle, I yelled out, "STU!!" and he saw me and smiled. :D I grinned like an idiot and gave him a thumbs up. He's very aware of the audience, and can sometimes be entertaining. In Denver, he saw someone with a big camera in the back rail of the pit, and he stopped and posed for him! :lol: It's awesome! Dallas is more reserved, even though (or maybe because) more people yell out for him. He's very good in spotting people who are just chilling out instead of trying to get his attention. In Denver he gave a pick to this lady who must be 70-years-old in the audience. She was standing along the back rail of the inner pit, just looking at him passing by and bopping her head along to the music, and he bent down and tossed a pick at her. Gotta love Dallas.

As far as the band goes, it's hard to get their attention sometimes, not only because of the crowd noise, but also because they have ear pieces on. I don't think it's rude to yell out. Just as long as it's not that trilling shrill that hurts our ears :slant: I think the only reason I wear earplugs is because of these occasional high-pitched squeals in the crowd that hurt my ears more than the music.

Thanks for your tips, vjacqb! I love your insights and advice!

There's plenty of people screaming out. I don't see the point, the band members aren't going to respond to you since they're used to having their names shouted on a nightly basis. It won't make a difference and there's no point in doing it.. so what if you shout and they look at you, does that mean your life is now complete? :shrug:

Yeah, yelling out their names is a cliche I guess. One must be bold and creative and yell something like "Sexy hunk!" (although all 4 might turn to you at that mention :lol:)

Oh and if you shout for Dallas, he will, in fact, stop and pose for a picture with one of Edge's guitars. :shifty: not that I would ever do such a thing...

Back
Top Bottom