NBA 2023-24 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems that the "and I took that shit personal" jabronis among the fanbase have now moved on to irrationally hating DeMar ever since the Not Like Us video.

i mean... fine. and i have no desire to have the GROAT debate again. fans of a team are allowed to acknowledge whomever they feel is "the guy" that meant the most - outside opinions be damned. if Raptor fans think that's Kyle Lowry, well, then it's Kyle Lowry.

but that article is very unfair about what Carter actually did on the court. he lifted a team that was going nowhere to their first playoffs and was a missed buzzer beater away from a conference finals (losing to a team that ultimately went to the finals). the whole "he went to UNC to walk at graduation" critique is wildly overblown. it's a 90 minute flight on a private jet and he arrived in plenty of time to go through pregame warmups. people talk like he showed up right before gametime and laced them up while the team was already in layup lines.

and the discussed "magic transformation" is really underselling how good that Nets team was, and how good a point guard he was playing with in Jason Kidd. The Raptors were heading in the wrong direction and all of a sudden he's on a team that plays at an incredibly fast pace (for the era) with a lot of space on the floor. it was tailor made for a player of his talent.

his influence on the sport in general in canada is enormous. when Carter was drafted there were 3 NBA players from Canada. By the time he retired there were over 20 players, all born around the time when Carter was in Toronto

i get that he didn't end on great terms - but a lot of players don't on a lot of different teams. at some point you need to get over it.

randyVideoOverlay_550a63f5-5ff4-4ac7-917f-630ba96e4673_1980x.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom