Nashville Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was fine until 2pm, then the heat settled in. I questioned my sanity for waking up early and rolling calling it at 5am, especially when the guys behind me showed up late in the afternoon. I am sportting a darker shade of brown today, thankfully my skin is not burnt.

and AIWIY was a tear jerker and I was a sobbing mess. I love this band very much and all the friends I have made because of them. I wish everyone on the remaining shows a magical night.

I have some pics I have to post. Maybe you can find yourself in them. I cried so many times last night it's pitiful. (Maybe the heat made me delirious!) Loved finally hearing The Fly live, and was thrilled to get the Pride performance they owed us from Atlanta! Some people around us left during WOWY so we had a little more room to co crazy during AIWIY. I cried for him and his wife. I realized after watching the video that he had walked past me as I was sitting behind the Marriott. He definitely had a cane and was being held onto by someone else as they walked by.

Ya like Seattle!! Totally ruined MOS for me ... right beside me ... clank clank clank with a hammer taking down the press platform... .:angry:
I was throwing the looks at them, like DUDE you are totally ruining the vibe in here :lol:

Yeah we had dudes in front of us in Nashville taking the rail apart before MOS even started. :angry: I had been obsessing about hearing MOS again for the whole show so I was like
why.gif

(Luckily I don't think anyone really noticed. :reject: :wink: )

Yeah we had dudes in front of us in Nashville taking the rail apart before MOS even started. :angry: I had been obsessing about hearing MOS again for the whole show so I was like
why.gif

yes, that was so strange when the crew started doing that during MOS. there was a big "WTF!?" when we saw and heard the guy and his drill.

One more video of AIWIY, this one is high-quality and official from U2.com:

U2 > Tours > U2360 TOUR

You can even hear Bono say, "Take my guitar," and the guy says, "No! Are you serious??" Haha, awesome!

why.gif

:lol: We heard this drill going off, saw the guy trying to unscrew those bolts from the railing and panicked, thinking the band was going to leave now without playing MOS, but the band was still playing onstage! It was definitely a WTF moment there.

One more video of AIWIY, this one is high-quality and official from U2.com:

U2 > Tours > U2360 TOUR

You can even hear Bono say, "Take my guitar," and the guy says, "No! Are you serious??" Haha, awesome!

That's the best one! And I didn't even realize at the show The Edge had joined in and played the keyboard! I kept thinking where is Edge?? Did he already leave the stage?? :lol: So excited to see the fan and getting this wonderful closer that I completely missed Edge's keyboard accompaniment!

I don't think the keyboard was audible on any of the youtube vids I've seen. :up: It sounded very nice though.
i don't recall hearing it too clearly either - although i do recall that once the full band kicked in i could see dallas (if i'm not mistaken, it was the guy handing edge his guitars all night, and he was on the stairs to the underworld on edge's side) freaking out and waving his arms as though he was trying to get them to stop.

Yeah that was Dallas in a white t-shirt :)

:giggle: He waved his arms? Perhaps he was trying to signal Joe that the piano wasn't on the PA.

i have no idea either. they key non-bono and blind dude moment i remember from after moment of surrender was larry, standing at the back of the stage with his arms folded looking like he was thinking "oh, fuck this guy".

also, having had a look at my photos, i can safely say i've now seen both true visions of the claw. my photos from auckland and chicago show a massive stadium rock show, and my shots from nashville show a band playing in a park with a pretty cool video screen and some lights. well played, willie.

"Edge! EDGE! Your fly is down!!!"
LMAO! :lol:

I wonder what that is about, Dallas freaking out like that...

i have no idea either. they key non-bono and blind dude moment i remember from after moment of surrender was larry, standing at the back of the stage with his arms folded looking like he was thinking "oh, fuck this guy".
Ha! I remember that look. He had one hand propped underneath his chin, and I thought he could have been thinking, "What's gotten into Bono NOW??" It's just funny the 3 of them have already reached the back of the stage when they realized Bono was nowhere near them.

Ian, where did you end up in GA?
if you're facing the open end of the stadium, i was on the left, about in line with the claw leg right next to the gates for the inner circle.

or to be a bit more precise

271108_10150702142105711_728680710_19743247_7404292_n.jpg

Ah right. :D Yeah it's definitely different from the back than right up front. Pretty cool if you can do both, as the back gives you both mirrorballs and a beautiful lightshow.

absolutely. the only place i'd rule out on this tour now (not that it matters) would be inner circle, because if i want to be in bono's lap i can do that on any boring arena tour.

absolutely. the only place i'd rule out on this tour now (not that it matters) would be inner circle, because if i want to be in bono's lap i can do that on any boring arena tour.

We've been in the inner circle three times now this tour, its very addictive, but after saturday we're thinking for STL we will just show up when we get there and possibly stand back near the sound board. Our main motivation is to see the light show we have missed all tour long. But also we want better access to the crappers, concession stand, etc. Also we wont be waiting in the GA line all day long and be cramped to death inside of the over-crowded pit.

YES YES YES. If multiple-show-goers have not yet seen the show from far enough away to see the Claw/full screens, DO IT.

Honestly, wherever you can find a good amount of room. Soundboard is ideal, but the spots right along the soundboard fence/rail fill up right away. It's nice to have that option to lean on, but you also have the freedom to try a bunch of different spots.

Directly back from the stage to the soundboard fills up the quickest, but you usually find boat loads of space further on either side. You more or less get the same Claw/screen view no matter where you are in the back of the field. You don't need to be as choosy with "Hmm, Edge's side or Adam's side".

In Anaheim, the soundboard/center filled up way too much for me, and some of us went to Edge's side, where there was tons of room. But a few songs in, people had shifted a lot, and there was much more room. We spent the bulk of the show just to the right of the soundboard area.

And sometimes you can weave your way through the crowd to get a bit closer if you'd like, as it seems to usually only be really packed in for the first 10-20 rows back from the rail. It's easy to find pockets of space scattered throughout the crowd. It's nice to have the option of moving a few feet up or to the left or right if someone tall stops in front of you.

The side view from the stands in Nashville was quite wonderful. I was close, but far away enough to see the whole claw too. One of the main impressions I have of the show was how massive and awesome the claw was from that viewpoint. I could see the whole thing, but it's size and the size of the spire at the top was so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom