Nashville Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't Tattoo Dan!

I'm trying to find a youtube video I have seen of him, but no luck yet!

Awwwh....Just when I thought I couldn't love them more!!
What a beautiful gesture. Yep, :sad::lol: So happy for that fan! What a night for him!
Just wow...!!!:applaud: It reminds me of the Hawaii show when Mike got pulled up for Wild Horses, and that was his 2nd time on stage! Geez!! The luck! So awesome!!:hyper::love:

I would need to listen to the bootleg & then compare to Zooropa & a lyric sheet before I made the call on Wanderer -- but if it was a snippet, it was a really, really long snippet. I would call it the whole song in my heart since most snippets are so short.

At the end of Moment, he was chanting "Were you there when they crucified my Lord" over and over again. He also invoked Loaves & Fishes to call forth cell phones & then said Thank You Lord like three times before & during the song. It all had a very Christian mood to it, as he had just namechecked most every one in the entire CCM scene in Nashville for their support of Africa.

Agree about Bono Jesusing-up MOS. And the people in my section totally ate it up. It was actually the first time I'd seen a crowd really connect with that song. I'm usually not too big on the Christian stuff but whatever, it totally worked, and everyone was feeling it.

Truly amazing night for me.

Agree about Bono Jesusing-up MOS. And the people in my section totally ate it up. It was actually the first time I'd seen a crowd really connect with that song. I'm usually not too big on the Christian stuff but whatever, it totally worked, and everyone was feeling it.

Truly amazing night for me.

Who did he name check? People like Amy Grant and Michael W Smith? Just wondering who specifically if you remember :)

I've noticed that at a few shows - they start breaking shit down before MOS is even over.

Ya like Seattle!! Totally ruined MOS for me ... right beside me ... clank clank clank with a hammer taking down the press platform... .:angry:
I was throwing the looks at them, like DUDE you are totally ruining the vibe in here :lol:

Did he definately get to keep it? i noticed on the video you see Dallas (it looks like him) rushing to the front of stage while he is being helped down, Dallas didnt come and take it back did he?

I saw a comment elsewhere that they took it from him but apparently it will be sent to him later?

i.e., maybe they didn't want him to have to mess with getting out of there with the guitar and have to navigate with his cane as well?

Or maybe he'll get one of those Gretsch guitars (as Bono has a few, I guess), but maybe that one needs to stay, for whatever reason .... although that guess seems less likely than the first, just for logistical purposes.

KUEFC09U2 said:
Did he definately get to keep it? i noticed on the video you see Dallas (it looks like him) rushing to the front of stage while he is being helped down, Dallas didnt come and take it back did he?

Was Guitar Guy just Bono's errand boy after all? :sad:

"Mr. Bono! Do you need any help?"

:bono: Hmm...go look for that beer I dropped on the bathroom floor.

"I'm blind, sir."

:bono: Hey kid, catch! :throwsguitarbecausebonoknowsnothingaboutguitars:

"I CAN KEEP IT?? :hyper:"

:bono: Nah, just have Dallas tune it for me. It hasn't been played, but I just like wasting his time.

That "blind guitar player" sign was pretty nice looking for a blind guy. I call shenanigans.

/hater'd

WOW just WOW!! sounded like an awesome show and lucky guy who got Bono's guitar!!:D:heart: I wish I had been here to experience the excitement of them finishing with AIWIY:sad:
5 more days til Montreal!!!:drool::hyper::applaud:

rosa just texted me. the screen didn't come all the way down.

they are going to have to play this song in front of....people

The screen never actually covered them as in other shows. It started to go down, then went back up, then went back down but not covering them like in other shows. It was funny because the spot lights weren't on but the screen wasn't covering them either. At least I finally got to see what they do while Zooropa is playing....nothing interesting.

If the idiot security supervisor manning RZ2 hadn't decided that taking video from a digital camera equated to "video taping" the show I could have gotten that on tape.

Hopefully the video is already out, I haven't had a chance to look. Awesome show though!!

That was an amazing experience! It was really, really hot. I don't know how all you GA people could stand it because you looked like you were really packed in.

You stand there and hearing the music reminds you of why you love this band, and then Bono goes and pulls the guy up on stage as the others are walking away, Bono sings AIWIY and then Larry joins in, and you are reminded of why you LOVE this band so, so much. .:heart::heart::heart:

Met some really cool fans yesterday, as well! :wave: I wish somehow everyone could've experienced the show last night. (minus the heat)

That was an amazing experience! It was really, really hot. I don't know how all you GA people could stand it because you looked like you were really packed in.

You stand there and hearing the music reminds you of why you love this band, and then Bono goes and pulls the guy up on stage as the others are walking away, Bono sings AIWIY and then Larry joins in, and you are reminded of why you LOVE this band so, so much. .:heart::heart::heart:

Met some really cool fans yesterday, as well! :wave: I wish somehow everyone could've experienced the show last night. (minus the heat)

it was fine until 2pm, then the heat settled in. I questioned my sanity for waking up early and rolling calling it at 5am, especially when the guys behind me showed up late in the afternoon. I am sportting a darker shade of brown today, thankfully my skin is not burnt.

and AIWIY was a tear jerker and I was a sobbing mess. I love this band very much and all the friends I have made because of them. I wish everyone on the remaining shows a magical night.

Here's my photos from the front row on Edge side last night
U2 Nashville - a set on Flickr

oh god, these photos are amazing :up: :up: :up: thanks so much for sharing :)

and to all who were there, so very very happy for you :hug: . . . it felt like an amazing show, even from internetz land :)

and I still can not watch AIWIY without getting all misty :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom