iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE 2016: Tour Rumors Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how excited this makes me? I'm literally going to be living in Italy when they come through Italy, and back in England again should there rumors hold up about Dublin in August.

http://www.atu2.com/news/rumors-joshua-tree-30th-anniversary-tour-to-start-may-12-in-vancouver.html

Seattle, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Boston and Washington, D.C. are also rumored to be getting shows.

May 12 - Vancouver, BC - BC Place
May 20 - Pasadena, CA - Rose Bowl
May ?? - Mexico City, México - Estadio Azteca
June 8-11 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo
June 24 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium
July 1-9 - Barcelona, Spain - Estadi Olimpic
July 11-12 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion
July 15-16 - Rome, Italy - Stadio Olimpico
August ?? - Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park

Back in England for a friend's wedding in august...Starting to feel a LITTLE less pessimistic. :wink:

Tour Dates Leaked

May 12 Vancouver - BC Place Stadium
May 14 Seattle - Century Link Field
May 17 San Francisco - Levi's Stadium
May 20 Pasadena - Rose Bowl
May 21 Pasadena - Rose Bowl
May 24 New York - Met Life Stadium
May 25 New York - Met Life Stadium
May 28 Washington - FedEx Field
May 31 Cleveland - First Energy Stadium

June 3 Chicago - Soldier Field
June 4 Chicago - Soldier Field
June 7 Toronto - Rogers Centre
June 8 Toronto - Rogers Centre
June 13 Philadelphia - Financial Field
June 15 Dallas - AT&T Stadium
June 17 Houston - NRG Stadium
June 21 Miami - Hard Rock Stadium
June 25 Boston - Gillette Stadium
June 26 Boston - Gillette Stadium

Last edited:
I'm confused by this entire thing since they have a new album coming out right? So they are going to tour a 30 year old album first, then get back to new album tour in arenas? Or do both at same time.

Latest rumor is the new album is out in fall, followed by an arena tour. These dates are apparently just the "special JT shows."

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app

I have a feeling that once these JT shows wrap up, there won't be any more shows until 2018, if the rumors suggesting SoE will be released in the fall are true. We could use some news.

I have a feeling that once these JT shows wrap up, there won't be any more shows until 2018, if the rumors suggesting SoE will be released in the fall are true. We could use some news.

I believe you correct because after this many stadium dates the demand for an arena tour will be less. Im very curious what the production values for this JT tour will be. U2 have always went all out for stadium gigs. I hope this isn't a bare bones production.

There are loads of cities they could play in NA/EU that they haven't played recently, or just relaunch I+E outside NA/EU. Demand isn't a problem.

Touring an album with ONE TREE HILL on it and not playing Auckland should be a criminal offence.

Over on Twitter we're coming up with appropriate destinations for each song:

Streets - Addis Ababa
ISHFWILF - ???
WOWY - ???
Bullet - San Salvador
RTSS - Dublin
RHMT - a former British mining town
IGC - Phoenix
Trip - ???
One Tree Hill - Auckland
Exit - ???
MOTD - Santiago (also to tie into Victor Jara in OTH)

Now THAT would be a tour.

There are loads of cities they could play in NA/EU that they haven't played recently, or just relaunch I+E outside NA/EU. Demand isn't a problem.

True, demand isn't a problem. But, that would be gouging their fan base to some extent. The band is aware that the fans will attend multiple shows.

It might attract a tiny tiny minority who would travel overseas to see a show, but then if I+E was resuming first in NA/EU without announcing other legs you'd have much the same problem.

July 23rd and 24th for Dublin makes sense if Croke Park is supposedly booked in August.

As for London, strange they would be aiming for the Olympic Stadium instead of Wembley.

Last edited:
I'm still finding this exciting and strange considering where does new album fit in? I mean do they played entire JT album in first part of show, then the last half is new stuff or vice versa? Or is it a 50 min show? goodnight.

Most likely set one would be JT then set two hits then a changing encore. New album must likely won't come into play until the fall then back indoors to promote that next year.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

OH you think they are waiting until Oct 2017 to release instead of a March 2017 that most of us saw, followed by the experience part of the arena tour. Could be... that's cool too. But still weird as shit considering this came out of nowhere to us. Keep surprising us. And annoying us.

It is kind of out of nowhere. Not even a hint or clue about a JT tour. Took us all by surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I wish they had started doing this shit years ago. Really cool, but I'm pretty cut up about the proposed dates - not sure how feasible it'll be for me to see US shows in May. Was really hoping Europe would be first.

Ahh who am I kidding. I'll find a way to make it work for RTSS :eek:

July 23rd and 24th for Dublin makes sense if Croke Park is supposedly booked in August.

As for London, strange they would be aiming for the Olympic Stadium instead of Wembley.

I think Livenation have links to the Olympic Stadium

About 12 hours to go...

u2songs | The Joshua Tree Tour Rumors

UPDATE: January 8, 2017 10:30am EST:

Due to the amount of information received today we’ve decided to clean up the list a bit and hit the high points below. The original article before this evening is also below:

Joshua Tree Tour RUMOURS:

NA Stadium Tour, possibly starting in North America on May 12 in Vancouver BC, and ending in Cleveland OH on July 1
EU Stadium Tour, possibly starting in London on July 8, and ending in Brussels on August 1.
In the case of good sales, either ‘end’ date could extend the leg by one day.
All of the shows will be focused on “The Joshua Tree” in some way.
Tour announcement is expected on Monday, January 9, between 8am and 9am EST.
Opening acts may include Noel Gallagher (Europe), Mumford and Sons (Some USA Dates) and The Lumineers (Some USA Dates)
Bonnaroo Festival may include an appearance by U2. The full line up is expected on Wednesday January 11, at 8am (Local time in TN) The festival runs from June 8 – 11.

North America Specific Rumour Highlights:

May 12: Suspected date for Vancouver, BC Place Stadium start of tour.
May 20, possibly May 21: Suspected dates for Los Angeles, Rose Bowl Stadium.
June 3, possibly June 4: Suspected dates for Chicago, Soldier Field
July 1: Suspected date for Cleveland OH, First Energy Stadium and possible end of leg.
Early June: Rumoured Date for Toronto Ontario.
Late June: Rumoured Date for East Rutherford NJ.
For other cities, see the older article below for more information.
Other cities expected to include Seattle, Miami, Tampa, Raleigh, Dallas, Houston, and Philadelphia (in no particular order).

Europe Specific Rumour Highlights:

July 8: Suspected date for London England.
July 15, and possibly July 16: Suspected date for Rome, Italy, Olympic Stadium
July 22: Suspected date for Dublin Ireland, Croke Park.
July 25: Suspected date for Paris France: Stade de France
August 1: Suspected date for Brussels, Belgium, and possible end of leg.
For other cities, see the older article below for more information.
Other cities include Berlin, Amsterdam, and Barcelona (in no specific order.)

May 12 Vancouver - BC Place Stadium
May 14 Seattle - Century Link Field
May 17 San Francisco - Levi's Stadium
May 20 Pasadena - Rose Bowl
May 21 Pasadena - Rose Bowl
May 24 Boston - Gillette Stadium
May 25 Boston - Gillette Stadium
May 28 Detroit - Ford Field
May 31 Minneapolis

June 3 Chicago - Soldier Field
June 4 Chicago - Soldier Field
June 7 Raleigh,NC -