Hawaii - December 9 - Part XVIII (Continued)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mia - I think my friend's hotel (that I'm camping in) is the Waikiki Banyan. Don't know anything about it being a condo, but I'm just there for the free room, LOL. :dance:

Lila64 said:
Mia - I think my friend's hotel (that I'm camping in) is the Waikiki Banyan. Don't know anything about it being a condo, but I'm just there for the free room, LOL. :dance:

Yeah it is a hotel, but this company has bought a number of rooms within it, and then offers it for cheaper :drool: than the cost of renting through the hotel. So...we cant' call for room service or anything, but i don't need no wakeup call to tell me its time to ROCK! :rockon:

You are most welcome to come get your groove on Lila! :)

Last edited:
redhotswami said:
how is everyone getting from the airport to their hotels/condos? Bus? Shuttle? Taxi? Just a minor little detail I haven't worked out yet.

There's a shuttle service right outside the doors of the baggage pickup area that will take you from the airport right to your hotel's front door. It's a pretty good deal. I think it was around $12 for a roundtrip ticket.

You have to keep the stub, then call the company on the morning that you want to leave. They'll pick you up and take you back to the airport. The shuttle I've gone on every time is called Rogers, and they're pretty good. :up:

skjuls said:

Great I'm flying American.

Actually, my luck with American has been good. I flew AA to Miami and Monterrey this year and all good. The only horrible AA flight was from LAX to Dulles because it was a red eye.

I have flown AA from Toyko to Texas but that was before 9/11.
I'm flying AA too :uhoh:

ThoraSEB said:

There's a shuttle service right outside the doors of the baggage pickup area that will take you from the airport right to your hotel's front door. It's a pretty good deal. I think it was around $12 for a roundtrip ticket.

You have to keep the stub, then call the company on the morning that you want to leave. They'll pick you up and take you back to the airport. The shuttle I've gone on every time is called Rogers, and they're pretty good. :up:

THANKS so much for this info!! This was the only loose end I've been trying to tie up.

redhotswami said:
my concert tickets and condo keys arrived today. i STILL can't believe this is happening!!! waikiki banyan anyone???

we're going to karaoke on sunday night, but if anyone wants to come to our condo and hang out we're cool with it!

Carmel is there:rockon:

:drunk:

Liesje said:

THANKS so much for this info!! This was the only loose end I've been trying to tie up.

You're welcome. :) We've been doing the shuttle every year, and it saves so much hastle. It's door to door service, which is so fantastic.

Liesje said:

I've never heard of Gravol, but yes it contains the same drug as Dramamine it's just the Canadian name, both are used for motion sickness, typically rough boat rides or long car rides. Like most drugs, you can get a non-drowsy version, or the regular stuff. I bought it before leaving for Africa because they told us we'd be on a boat crossing Lake Victoria, and several small planes. I don't usually get motion sickness, but you never know. I didn't realize until after I'd taken two that I had the drowsy formula. The acting drug is similar to Benadryl, so if you're familiar with that you can see how it makes you nice and sleepy :)

Depending on what brand name you buy, it shouldn't cost you more than $6.

If you want it to make you sleepy, don't get the Dramamine II (the non-drowsy formula).

Perfect... thanks Lies, I am going to buy some today. I do not think I will need it but I have never taken such a long flight before so i am going to give it a shot.:yes:

SOME NEWS

Preface: Please don't overreact by showing up at 8pm on Friday night. :wink:

Our local contact in Hawaii spoke with the stadium events manager who explained that the arrangements for the GA line have been made.

People will be able to line up as early as 6pm on Friday night. :rolleyes:

The lower Salt Lake Boulevard gate will be open for cars and vehicles and then people will proceed to park in the lower Halawa parking lot before lining up on the passenger bridge to wait for Gate 1 to open.

Restrooms will be open, snack bars will be open and security will be there.

There ya go. Special thanks to Eileen for getting us this info.

Last edited:
Long flight newbies, remember to get up and stretch from time to time. Walk about a bit, stretch in an open part of the cabin.

trevster2k said:
SOME NEWS

Preface: Please don't overreact by showing up at 8pm on Friday night. :wink:

Our local contact in Hawaii spoke with the stadium events manager who explained that the arrangements for the GA line have been made.

People will be able to line up as early as 6pm on Friday night. :rolleyes:

The lower Salt Lake Boulevard gate will be open for cars and vehicles and then people will proceed to park in the lower Halawa parking lot before lining up on the passenger bridge to wait for Gate 1 to open.

Restrooms will be open, snack bars will be open and security will be there.

There ya go. Special thanks to Eileen for getting us this info.

:bow: :applaud: :dancing: :rockon:

Liesje said:
If I weren't in Hawaii, I'd be a lot more willing to waste 24 hours standing in line! 6pm on Friday, HA!

I hope most people think your way too. There are better things to do then plopping your ass down in a parking lot in Hawaii for almost 24 hours.

I, along with most folks I have chatted with online, plan on heading down early in the morning, early in a breakfast time sense, not coming back from the bar sense. Although, I may be still drunk from the previous night. :wink:

trevster2k said:

I hope most people think your way too. There are better things to do then plopping your ass down in a parking lot in Hawaii for almost 24 hours.

I, along with most folks I have chatted with online, plan on heading down early in the morning, early in a breakfast time sense, not coming back from the bar sense. Although, I may be still drunk from the previous night. :wink:

I agree. I'm not too worried though. The stadium mean WAY more spots, plus I'm entertaining the idea of heading straight for the rail that divides the front area, like going to the front area, but with my back against the rail. I've been up front twice in arenas so I've had my chance, plus I'd like to take in the whole show.

I booked this trip last minute to catch the U-Jam show on the 9th. When I booked flights and bought a ticket to the show I didn't realize it would be extrememly difficult to find a reasonable place to stay on Oahu. I was too excited to think about it. Everything that is still available is upwards of $100 per night. I will be there by myself until the 13th (arriving on the 9th). Does anyone have any advice or perhaps even extra room to share ? Or even if someone is in the same situation I am would they like to share something.

Any advice would be great - thanks.
Edit/Delete Message

trevster2k said:

I'll be toasty from the cruise so waiting in line is no problem for me because I will be with friends!!!

Plus, I'm crazy!

BonosBaby12 said:

Oh joy Northwest is really appealing to me even more now :

By any chance is anyone flying them on the morning of the 8th out of Philly? It's Flight #681

Northwest wasn't that great when I flew with them in April.

Only one movie on a long ass flight to Hawaii! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

u2bydsea said:
I booked this trip last minute to catch the U-Jam show on the 9th. When I booked flights and bought a ticket to the show I didn't realize it would be extrememly difficult to find a reasonable place to stay on Oahu. I was too excited to think about it. Everything that is still available is upwards of $100 per night. I will be there by myself until the 13th (arriving on the 9th). Does anyone have any advice or perhaps even extra room to share ? Or even if someone is in the same situation I am would they like to share something.

Any advice would be great - thanks.
Edit/Delete Message

In order for some to provide assistance, it might be helpful to know if you are male or female and possible age range. A group of girls probably wouldn't offer a place to stay to a male stranger.

Check out our Hawaii board and the Travel Plans thread. Someone may be able to help you there plus there may be info on possible places to stay.

Good luck, I have already taken in two people myself for a few nights.

Last edited:
The reason people camp out overnight is because they think people are camping out overnight. IMHO.:wink:

I have Northwest too.

I flew Northwest/KLM to Amsterdam, and then on to Kilimanjaro, and the same backwards (so four flights 8 hours or more each). We got lots of meals and our seats each had their own TV with lots of movie choices. Maybe that was more KLM though. The Dutch flight attendants were super nice, always stopping and asking if we wanted this or that, and it was a big plane (like 3-5-3 or something like that).

trevster2k said:

In order for some to provide assistance, it might be helpful to know if you are male or female and possible age range. A group of girls probably wouldn't offer a place to stay to a male stranger.

Good luck, I have already taken in two people myself for a few nights.

I would help out too, if this wasn't doubling as my honeymoon :wink:

Liesje said:
I have Northwest too.

I flew Northwest/KLM to Amsterdam, and then on to Kilimanjaro, and the same backwards (so four flights 8 hours or more each). We got lots of meals and our seats each had their own TV with lots of movie choices. Maybe that was more KLM though. The Dutch flight attendants were super nice, always stopping and asking if we wanted this or that, and it was a big plane (like 3-5-3 or something like that).

That was KLM!! hehehe!!

Northwest didn't have any TVs on the back of the seats in April from Minn to Honolulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom