U2 in Vegas - Tips for booking hotels, flights and other Vegasy type things.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
next up to the stage... Chizip...

money-money-money-make-it-rain.gif

This thread is super helpful, thanks everyone.

Since I'm driving in, I'm wondering how bad the parking situation is. I'm seeing conflicting reports about free parking, but sound like here it's mostly gone at this point. So... how much should I expect to pay for parking at places (if I'm not a guest), and where are the best places to park (for the Sphere, and other areas of interest)?

This thread is super helpful, thanks everyone.

Since I'm driving in, I'm wondering how bad the parking situation is. I'm seeing conflicting reports about free parking, but sound like here it's mostly gone at this point. So... how much should I expect to pay for parking at places (if I'm not a guest), and where are the best places to park (for the Sphere, and other areas of interest)?
I'm going to say it's probably better to park further away and walk and/or take the bus.

it's way way way easier and faster to just take an uber from the airport to your hotel than it is to frig around with shuttle buses. the difference is a couple bucks at most and it is 100% worth it.

it's way way way easier and faster to just take an uber from the airport to your hotel than it is to frig around with shuttle buses. the difference is a couple bucks at most and it is 100% worth it.

This is true virtually everywhere except LAX (if you’re staying at an airport hotel). That airport has hands down the dumbest ride share / taxi policy.

Very true.

Pro tip for LAS - unless you're flying international and have to deal with customs (and assuming you're just bringing a carry on) - book your Uber/Lyft when exiting the plane. It's a solid 10 minute walk/tram ride to get to the ride share area. So if you book when exiting it will be there when you get there.

This is true virtually everywhere except LAX (if you’re staying at an airport hotel). That airport has hands down the dumbest ride share / taxi policy.

ubers used to be the way to go here in toronto, until the city opened an express train that goes from the airport to union station downtown in about 20 minutes.

unless you're going somewhere outside the city (like niagara falls), don't even consider any other method of transportation if you're flying in to pearson airport. get an uber/taxi or the subway at union station and save yourself 50 bucks and a shit load of time spent stuck in traffic on the 427.

Last edited:
ubers used to be the way to go here in toronto, until the city opened an express train that goes from the airport to union station downtown in about 20 minutes.

unless you're going somewhere outside the city (like niagara falls), don't even consider any other method of transportation if you're flying in to pearson airport. get an uber/taxi or the subway at union station and save yourself 50 bucks and a shit load of time spent stuck in traffic on the 427.

I love train

Well, I started making moves for Veterans Day Weekend as soon as I saw the Vibee leak on the other page.

Separated a classic room at The Linq from Thursday to Sunday because I just want a decent place to sleep in. Booking directly, the rate is not bad, discounted and I can cancel up to 48 hours before.

As for tickets… I’m still waitlisted for Verified Fan.
But if I’m lucky, hoping to snatch a good ticket for Friday and a cheaper ticket for Saturday.

Airfare will be another beast, but it‘ll probably be Southwest once they open up bookings in a few weeks. :shrug:

I was pleasantly surprised when I stayed a night at The Linq last May. I was expecting much worse.

It's not luxury by any standard - but it's clean, fairly modern and did the job. Could do much worse

Thanks for this info! We really just want a nice place to shower and sleep. I told my husband and son that if I can only get 1 ticket they will have to find a gentleman's club to hit up. They seemed okay with that idea.:lol:

Coming fro the UK and assuming we get tickets, I thought it might be a good idea to...

fly to Los Angeles, hire a car and take a day driving to Vegas seeing some stuff along the way. See the show the next day and then fly home the next from Vegas.

I've not worked out how exactly that would work timezone wise, but can anyone from the US or with local knowledge tell me why that's a horrible idea and we should just go straight to Vegas?

Coming fro the UK and assuming we get tickets, I thought it might be a good idea to...

fly to Los Angeles, hire a car and take a day driving to Vegas seeing some stuff along the way. See the show the next day and then fly home the next from Vegas.

I've not worked out how exactly that would work timezone wise, but can anyone from the US or with local knowledge tell me why that's a horrible idea and we should just go straight to Vegas?

Typically jet lag is easier to manage going westward because you can extend your day and sleep at regular night. You’re looking at an 8 hour time zone change.

Where I think you’re maybe doing too much on yourself is flying to LA and immediately driving to LV. I’d try to get a full day in LV or LA of no travel before the show to reset.

Back
Top Bottom