Will U2 stay overnight in St. Louis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russmadem

The Fly
I've been lucky enough to meet some of the band outside their hotels in Chicago and Atlanta. I knew they were staying 'in town' due to multiple shows in these cities. I will be in St. Louis next month, but I'm wondering, will U2 stay overnight there or simply move on to the next city? They have to stay somewhere, even when there are single shows. My wife and I would like to meet them again and perhaps get another picture or autograph. Also, any tips on how to figure out which hotel?

Most likely not anyways. They have been doing it "hub" style this tour. Stay in a central city for multiple dates, then fly back and forth to show city day of show. And your best bet to meet them is at the venue. Most of the time they don't "reward" folks for hanging at their hotels.

LOL... I'm only joking. It's sad how people have to meet them 20x. To me, if I ever met Mr. The You Know Who it would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I wouldn't keep going back for more, let someone else have a chance.

LOL... I'm only joking. It's sad how people have to meet them 20x. To me, if I ever met Mr. The You Know Who it would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I wouldn't keep going back for more, let someone else have a chance.

It depends though...I've seen the Edge twice, but really haven't "met" him like I've "met" Bono and Larry...would love a pic with him or a nice auto...

I've cooked dinner for them each about 20 times.

Not that they've shown up to eat it. My invitations must keep getting lost in the mail.

*scrapes cold beef wellington into the garbage can .... AGAIN *

Agree 1000%.

corianderstem said:
I've cooked dinner for them each about 20 times.

Not that they've shown up to eat it. My invitations must keep getting lost in the mail.

*scrapes cold beef wellington into the garbage can .... AGAIN *

:lol::lol:

If I felt they were bothered by our presence (which in Chicago has been crowd of a few hundred people on multiple occasions) I wouldn't be there, but not only were they not annoyed, they seemed to enjoy the interaction. Last time in Chicago The Edge, Adam and Bono worked the crowd signing autographs and allowing pictures (Larry, of course, was never seen). Bono even crossed the street to sign autographs for people standing on that side. After U2 left to head to the stadium, Paul McG$$ came out and I had a short conversation with him. He didn't seem to mind people hanging around either.

I think when they're on tour, they realize it comes with the job. And their generosity in stopping for fans, looking for a chance to interact and say thanks is something that is uniquely U2. I have come to realize that compared to other celebrities they are one of the most accommodating to their fans. I try to do it only at the venues though, instead of their hotels/residences/restaurants, when they're not on "public time".

The best time I spent waiting and meeting them was during the Letterman week in March 2009. Every night after the show, all 4 of them would come out, walk the line, shake hands with the crowd. They were promoting their new album, it was 20 degrees outside and snowing at times, they knew we had waited for hours while they were inside taping for the Letterman segments. Even Larry spent time posing for pictures and shaking our hands. He said, "I won't sign anything, but I know you've been outside in this weather and I just want to say hi and shake your hands" :lol:

And my avatar of Edge was when he made a beeline for me coming out of the Letterman studio, and as he reached us, he exclaimed, "You guys are my heroes for being out here in the snow!!" :love:

I couldn't feel my toes afterwards, but what's 10 toes compared to meeting the 4 lads? :D

Its unlikely they will be staying in St. Louis. It will most likely be a "runner" show. Fly in and fly out with their base probably being Chicago during that time frame.

Like others have said, your best shot is to try to meet them when they arrive at the venue.

Back
Top Bottom