US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our republic is hanging on by a thread. A former president is on trial and this is the primary focus on all news networks

it’s definitely a story but it’s moved the most important one out of the spotlight

They are kinda ridiculous. I have found that Indian restaurants have better value on DD. Two curries, rice, naan bread. Delivered to my door with tip for around $50

Thank you Joe Biden

As soon as the comments mention Trump, it’s immediately that things are obviously just as bad under Biden.

Cause Biden controls local PD. Or he’s not out there telling states what to do. Or telling foreign governments to do exactly as college kids in USA want.

Think he still wins in November if he can convert the Nikki Haley voters

They are kinda ridiculous. I have found that Indian restaurants have better value on DD. Two curries, rice, naan bread. Delivered to my door with tip for around $50

Thank you Joe Biden
Oh yes, you're always getting 2 meals with Indian restaurants. Sooooo good.

As soon as the comments mention Trump, it’s immediately that things are obviously just as bad under Biden.

Cause Biden controls local PD. Or he’s not out there telling states what to do. Or telling foreign governments to do exactly as college kids in USA want.

Think he still wins in November if he can convert the Nikki Haley voters

I think he already has converted a lot of them. Not all, but enough to where you really have to ask "where is Trump gaining votes compared to last time"? If he's losing a sliver of Haley voters, struggling to win over Independents, most likely not picking up Biden voters, where is his gain coming from?

The answer is "He is not picking up voters". So in reality, it's all about Biden turnout. He broke records in 2020 because that many people wanted Trump out. Are they still energized to KEEP Trump out?

it'll be fun in 2025 when the same kids are protesting trump giving bibbi everything he wants, giving ukraine nothing, and rolling back civil rights to women, minorities and lgbtq+ citizens. oh, and unleashing the military on them - them being the kids protesting.

wait - actually that'll be a dystopian nightmare. but hey, it'll be joe biden's fault for not sending door dash.

fuck i sound like clerks now.

1. There's no way that's Mike Lindell
2. If that is actually Mike Lindell, he definitely has some kind of terminal illness.

Absolutely beautiful. When I look at Trump's eyes I'm reminded of when I fell in love with the drummer-Larry Mullen Jr- in all his glorious blond beauty.

I think of Ryan Gosling in The Notebook, and as Ken. I'm reminded of Paul Newman, John F Kennedy Jr, the beautiful late Paul Walker, Matt Bomer....

e7b63a2b-ed9e-46f5-a22a-e9f52daff773.jpeg

I've been watching history videos about the American revolution this evening and it really strikes me how George Washington could quite literally at any point after about 1781 been like "you know what, I think I actually would like to be the King of America" and more or less everyone in the country would have supported it.

imagine how different our world would be now if he had taken the crown, and then america had a royal succession crisis in 1799 because King George had no legitimate children.

Bernie calling this “possibly Biden’s Vietnam” is a bit insulting to the Americans who sacrificed their life in that unjust war.

Not sure any Americans have sacrificed anything in this conflict, except some hungry stomachs blockading a school building.

Latest polls I’ve seen (which whatever you think of polls now) show something like 80% of country is behind Israel in this war.

I don’t agree with their governments response, especially creating a humanitarian crisis with holding up AID.

But let’s not pretend that this iteration of the conflict happens to be different than the past 2000 years of conflict in the region. Let alone the last 60 years

I mean the son of God couldn’t make it work out.

What do we expect Biden to do ?

Our republic is hanging on by a thread. A former president is on trial and this is the primary focus on all news networks

it’s definitely a story but it’s moved the most important one out of the spotlight

The media wants Trump. He’s good for clicks and business.
They love the campus protests, but conveniently ignore all the astroturfing and dicey social media accounts pushing the “genocide Joe” talk. The media fails to question the purpose of the over the top responses at places like UT Austin, the hijacking of campus protests by outside actors, and the fear of some of these college presidents being of dragged before Frauline Stefanik’s committee rather than look weak. It’s like they’re stacking the deck in favor of Trump, who shouldn’t even be a contender for a variety of obvious reasons.

The media’s coverage is just another form of the “Hey! Did you know Biden is old?” Concern troll stories.

Biden has been the most effective Democrat since FDR, and has gotten more done that any democrat since, but that is largely being ignored.
This reminds me that I need to compile a list of the landmark legislation that he has been able to pass since ‘21 and post it far and wide.

imagine how different our world would be now if he had taken the crown, and then america had a royal succession crisis in 1799 because King George had no legitimate children.
We got close to it. Hamilton actually wanted to be a dictator/king. Washington and Adams foiled his plans a few time.
Hamilton was one of the players behind the Newburgh conspiracy of angry and unpaid officers and soldiers that wanted to march on Congress at the end of the war. It was only with Washington’s timely and dramatic 11th hour intervention that stopped it.

Hamilton was behind a cockamamie scheme at the Philadelphia convention to centralize power in an elitist monarch. It’s speculated the reason why presidents have to be born in the US was to keep Hamilton out of the office.

Hamilton wanted to use the Whiskey Rebellion to hang his political enemies in western Pa and was again foiled by Washington. During the Adams administration, the cabinet, which were holdovers from the Washington admin were more loyal to Hamilton than Adams. During the Quasi War with France Hamilton had himself appointed second in command to an elderly and tired Washington who was called out of retirement to lead the army in the event of war.

Had John Adams not sacrificed his political career and standing with the Federalists, fatally dividing the party to negotiate and make peace with France, we may have seen a Hamiltonian dictatorship.

Bernie calling this “possibly Biden’s Vietnam” is a bit insulting to the Americans who sacrificed their life in that unjust war.

Not sure any Americans have sacrificed anything in this conflict, except some hungry stomachs blockading a school building.

Latest polls I’ve seen (which whatever you think of polls now) show something like 80% of country is behind Israel in this war.

I don’t agree with their governments response, especially creating a humanitarian crisis with holding up AID.

But let’s not pretend that this iteration of the conflict happens to be different than the past 2000 years of conflict in the region. Let alone the last 60 years

I mean the son of God couldn’t make it work out.

What do we expect Biden to do ?
Yes, it’s Biden’s Vietnam if you ignore the lack of a draft, lack of 500,000 man army, nightly reports of the administration saying how we see the “light is at the end of the tunnel” and direct US involvement in the conflict.

Back
Top Bottom