u2 play 3Arena in December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Friday seating tickets are only available for collection from the box office.
I want to get a few tickets for my brother on my card but I'm not going Friday night ,anyone know if I can pick them up from the box office when I'm there tomorrow or Wednesday ?
Otherwise I would have to meet my brother somewhere and give him my card for collection and he lives a good bit away.

Apparently holds 14.500 so not as small as it looks!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yikes, it's a horrible day in Dublin, cold and wet. Time for a few Guinnesses then off to the 3 arena!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yikes, it's a horrible day in Dublin, cold and wet. Time for a few Guinnesses then off to the 3 arena!

Its actually been a very mild winter until the last week.
It was 15 -16 degrees some days recently.

Any pictures of the layout yet?

2012-04-25-shiraz-oxigen-017.jpg

And the revamped e stage:
Ten_Tiny_Empty_Stage.jpg

Last edited:
Also just saw that there are no wristbands for GA, which is unusual, but then the majority of attendees are in GA. Also the GA crowd extends back to under the seats (wonder how the sound is back there).

It looks like a large portion of the seated fans won't get a good view of the screen... I thought they would have turned it sideways over the main stage

Yeah I'm curious about this as well. Probably would have required too much reworking though for that to be the case.

Strange show tonight. Perhaps the worst of the I&E shows I've seen. I got the feeling U2 were a bit tired and going through the motions and the crowd weren't that great. Compared to the 2 Glasgow shows where the crowd were really up for it, it was night and day. Still enjoyed it though and I went.

It looks like a large portion of the seated fans won't get a good view of the screen... I thought they would have turned it sideways over the main stage

You're right. I was on the floor, about 8 people back from the front, 5 from the side (got there at 630 btw, fuck lining up in the cold!) and I looked around during the 'screen' songs - only the people on the sides of the 3Arena were standing. The people more towards the middle just couldn't see the action.

Btw- tooooo many fuckin people taking photos/videos all night long tonight. And not even just taking pictures, but editing their photos on their phones during the show. Let me editorialize a bit- the band needs your energy! They feed off your good vibes, not your shite android photos. Stop trying to take 'selfies' with the band and ROCK OUT. Did you come to Dublin for a photo shoot or a concert? Anyways. My drunken rant is over but the energy wasn't great where I was in GA and I truly blame the turds on their phones the whole time. None of them Irish btw.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I only watched the streams on Periscope but there definitely seemed to be a lack of energy from the crowd, certainly compared to the two Belfast shows which I attended where people with seats were standing, dancing and generally going for it throughout the whole show, even the first half... Unfortunately it's my experience of Dublin gigs in general, a lot of people who are just too cool to let loose and enjoy themselves!

I suppose everyone has their own eXperience but there was no lack of energy where I was 5 rows back from the e stage. It was pogo-tastic! And MrBTH I am just super cool being from the big shmoke n all but on this occasion I allowed myself to let loose (before checking no one was looking at me of course) and enjoy myself. :lol:
I thought it was a great gig, no, not the best ever, but still great.
Hopefully better tonight!

The GA area is much bigger than the UK shows for Dublin MUCH BIGGER

RZ is right at the back of the crowd the stage is smaller for Dublin & the E stage is now in the middle as to on the end of stage.

RZ in scotland looked 10x better as it was at the corners of the stage to Edge & Adam id would be gutted to pay over the odds fpr RZ in Dublin unless it was just how it looked for my mate

He also says Glasgow #2 was 10x better than last nights show

And also people in BLOCKS L & D will have an awsume view of the Cat walk as ull be looking straight down the middle of it BUT BUT your view of the screen will be SH1T....!!!!!!

There was loads of people SELLING & BUYING tickets outside the 3arena TOUTS every where good few from England altho he never asked any prices

People in BLOCKS J & N will have awsume view of the screen & stage.

Also the qs to enter the Arena as you guess were long BUT fair play to staff moved quick enough.

Btw- tooooo many fuckin people taking photos/videos all night long tonight. And not even just taking pictures, but editing their photos on their phones during the show. Let me editorialize a bit- the band needs your energy! They feed off your good vibes, not your shite android photos. Stop trying to take 'selfies' with the band and ROCK OUT. Did you come to Dublin for a photo shoot or a concert? Anyways. My drunken rant is over but the energy wasn't great where I was in GA and I truly blame the turds on their phones the whole time. None of them Irish btw.

It was just as bad last night ,selfish twats with their crap camera phones.
One guy in particular ticked me off ,he had his arm up in the air for half the gig I'd say so I just tapped him on the back and told him to give it a rest m8.

As for my views on the show,I enjoyed it.
Sound wise the band were good ,the visuals were good and the use of the screen is top notch.
It was just the first half of the show ,well,it was flat,the new songs don't work well at all I felt,and the crowd was flat .
The crowd looked really young to me to be honest ,I think alot of them could be the new post it on Facebook brigade ,more interested in saying they were actually at something than actually being a fan.

The second half of the gig was far superior ,once they moved to the e stage the show cranked up a few gears and the crowd's energy rose.
To be honest I think that they could play the whole show from the e stage ,I dont really see the need for a main stage with the unique layout of the 3arena.
Everyone has a better view when they are on the e stage so why not play the whole gig there ?
The 10 songs they played on the e stage were fabulous.

With a better setlist it could have been a great show.

Back
Top Bottom