PGP: Bono, take off the platforms, OR get Spanxed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope. Don't get sick from drinking.

And this is a whole different kind of sick. :crack: I've suffered from motion sickness my whole youth. It was horrible. We'd always have bags in the car because I could not last a car ride to the south of France. Sometimes it would occur on shorter trips too. We tried everything, common medicine, grandma's ideas, that kinda stuff, nothing worked. In the end it fixed itself, though listening to music helped a lot.

:crack: But I never thought it would come back to me after five or so years like this. Two of the three trips I was driving myself! There's no way you're supposed to get motion sickness when driving or in the Shotgun seat. :doh: Yet while my dad drove us home it came on and hasn't left since.

I just had to go back to the train station to pick up my bike. Blegh. Think it's gonna be an early nigth tonight.

Go to the new Leather Day thread and take 2 Bono's. Granted, I have yet to get to my Zoo or Pop photo folders....
6078799742_ffccd64fc1_o.jpg
[/url]

I have definitely gotten sick in the shotgun seat. The WORST was the road to Hana in Maui. It's notorious for making people ill. They have tee shirts that say "I survived the road to Hana". I just barely did. :barf:

Here's a pic of a section of the "highway"
photo_road_to_hana_aerial.jpg

I get motion sick very easily, so I've never wanted to go on that drive. :lol: I'd be sick within a minute. However, I've never been to Maui before (a half hour layover where I was just in the airport doesn't count).

I am mostly okay in the back seat of a car, as long as I can easily see out the front window (I generally sit in the middle so I have a full view). But if the road starts getting windy, then I absolutely have to sit up front, otherwise I'll get sick.

:wave: Hey guys. What have I missed recently?

Been busy getting Christmas stuff done. The shopping is 75% done already, all the cards have been sent (including for the PLEBA exchange!) and I have most of my baking supplies ready to go. Still need to get the stuff needed for my homemade fudge though. It was my grandma's recipe, and was HER father's before that, brought to America from the 'old country', which was Czechoslovakia. She's been gone for 4 years now, and last year was the first year we'd had the fudge since she passed. My mom couldn't bring herself to do it, so I picked up the baton, so to speak. And surprised the hell out of everyone with it last Christmas. :lol: (I didn't tell anyone I was going to attempt it, in case it turned out badly.)

Tara, just made your card, gonna mail it on the way to Illustration :)

I spent a ridiculously long time just now making a surprise letter for a friend who lives in Wales...I like the idea of surprise mail XD

I spent a ridiculously long time just now making a surprise letter for a friend who lives in Wales...I like the idea of surprise mail XD

Yay for mail! I tried to send postcards a lot this year, throughout the year, just whenever I felt like it, to surprise my friends. I keep thinking they'll return the favor...

Yay for mail! I tried to send postcards a lot this year, throughout the year, just whenever I felt like it, to surprise my friends. I keep thinking they'll return the favor...

I should do that :hmm: I just got a bunch of Andy Warhol postcards. They demand to be sent to people.

Excellent! :up: Yeah, caller ID is essential. :lol:

Thanks!

Oh, and thanks for the Christmas card, btw! :love: It was in my mailbox last night.

You're welcome :hug:

LOVE IT! :cute: :heart: :love:

Kristen, yesterday at the gym they were showing one of the Fast/Furious movies - isn't you who likes them? It was pretty hilarious

Yes I like them. The first one is the best :D

Sometimes you just gotta watch stupid movies :wink:

Katie I just have to tell you your pleban card is awesome! :love: And I'm so glad i actually got it because the envelope arrived totally open, but luckily the card was in there. :heart:

The second one is not only a magnet on my fridge, but my current philosophy - hence almost 4 hours of sleep.

We're working on a new coffee transport system that can deliver your caffeine via the internet.*

Hold down Ctrl and then type INEEDAFIXNOW (no spaces, case-sensitive).

Then, brace yourself.

*I'm pretty sure I need to do a CYA here and say this is an utter and complete lie.

We're working on a new coffee transport system that can deliver your caffeine via the internet.*

Hold down Ctrl and then type INEEDAFIXNOW (no spaces, case-sensitive).

Then, brace yourself.

*I'm pretty sure I need to do a CYA here and say this is an utter and complete lie.

Will that also work to deliver Bono right to my bloodstream as well? Can't Sebastian work on that?

** I know he know longer does the website......

Our larger department has a weekly coffee tasting, and the organizer has worked throughout the year to get some of the higher-ups to come join us. Our CEO is coming this Friday, and we're under strict instruction to bring questions!

I told everyone emphatically that not only would I NOT ask some question about Bono, but anyone who makes any sort of comment about me loving Bono would be executed in some horrible fashion.

Our larger department has a weekly coffee tasting, and the organizer has worked throughout the year to get some of the higher-ups to come join us. Our CEO is coming this Friday, and we're under strict instruction to bring questions!

I told everyone emphatically that not only would I NOT ask some question about Bono, but anyone who makes any sort of comment about me loving Bono would be executed in some horrible fashion.

Just ask if they ever watched the movie Saw.....

how's it going cori, besides piping coffee through the InterNetz :D

zu :hug: I'm pretty good. We've had a bunch of above average temp days! :hyper::love:

tara... that was a nice artistically looking larry photo...
I also thought of it as a Photo Silkscreening look as well.

GG yuck! :hug: I uses to get it here and there as a kid and teen, even early twenties> Very rare i get past then (thank goodness)

This is what I heard recently (in the last year or so) explaining motion sickness.

If I remember correctly it has to do with the motion you feel in the car plus
what you are seeing outside the windows. I don't know if some people's inner ear balance is more sensitive... but the body can register the differences in your sensory input; motion vs vision.

If the differences are too much for a particular person- those differences can confuse the inner ear which the body from ancient instincts and experiences interpret/register as some kind of dizziness = food poisoning.
Hence then the :)yuck:) nausea as in to purge potential poisons out the body.

Actually that is a fascinating theory. :nerd:

:uhoh:

:lol:

Tara, I hope your mom does okay with the chemo today.

Daz, I'm never online when you're here, but I hope you're doing well and staying warm and all. :hug:
My mom did very well with the chemo.

1 session down; 7 to go. :hug:

:hyper:

hi tara- how are things?

Things are good. My mom had her first chemo session, and was actually hungry afterwards.

She wanted chicken... :lol:

How're things with you?

Back
Top Bottom