NBA 2023-24 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hell of a team effort.

Though Brown as MVP is a bit dubious considering Tatum lead the team in points, rebounds and assists. Frankly this was the year for co-MVPs.

Hell of a team effort.

Though Brown as MVP is a bit dubious considering Tatum lead the team in points, rebounds and assists. Frankly this was the year for co-MVPs.

I thought that Jaylen picked things up when Tatum wasn't at his best. Of the two to me Jaylen is the best leader on the team.

The whole team works together so well that MVP really isn't a thing and doesn't matter. That's what I love about them, they truly are a team. I love the role players like Derrick White and Jrue.

JT broke one of Kobe's records tonight

"The late, great Kobe Bryant is one of Jayson Tatum's favorite players, and in Game 5 of the 2024 NBA Finals on Monday night, the Boston Celtics superstar broke one of the Hall of Famer's playoff records.

Tatum's 16 first-half points in Game 5 gave him 2,696 career points in the playoffs, which is the most of any player aged 26 or younger. Bryant was the previous record holder with 2,694 in 119 games for the Los Angeles Lakers."

Brad Stevens was the season MVP with the way he put this team together. Absolutely brilliant and it’s what got them over the hump.

Thought Tatum was gonna get Finals MVP after this performance, but I’m sure he’s good either way.

What a season.

Brad Stevens was the season MVP with the way he put this team together. Absolutely brilliant and it’s what got them over the hump.

Thought Tatum was gonna get Finals MVP after this performance, but I’m sure he’s good either way.

What a season.

Let's be real...

He needs to share that MVP with Danny Ainge, Billy King, Bryan Colangelo and Josh Horst.

Especially Billy King. Woof.

between inning enterti
Probably not opening night, C's will get someone like Philly, The Milwaukee Mikals or Indiana. They'll visit DC before December though to meet with a lame duck Biden rather than the first visit being after Jan 20th.

I'm calling Knicks at Celtics opening night. Makes sense from a lot of different angles. Opening night is 10/22.

Zards will be in Mexico on November 2nd to play the Heat. Depending on how the polls are looking I might just stay there.

My guess would be Zards will open on the road and then be home in the lead up to the Mexico trip - technically could slot in a Celtics game early that week - but I'm assuming the Biden team might be a tad too busy for a White House visit pro sportsball team visit.

giphy.gif

Woah Knicks woj bomb

Ans holy schnikes how many Villanova guys can one team have lol
4 unprotected #1's plus an unprotected swap and another top 4 protected #1 for Bridges? When did Dolan hire Billy King?
This is a massive overpay. Bridges is a decent player. Not exactly the missing piece to the VillaKnicks winning a title however. I think in a couple years this will be looked at as the trade that put the Knicks back into obscurity for a decade or more.

The sticker price is startling, but I don't mind it. Those draft assets weren't going to result in Giannis or Embiid, and the picks aren't likely to be great anyways. Why not take a swing while you have an open window.

I also like the strategy of building a consistently high-level 1-7 rotation over a top-heavy roster. That's essentially the Boston model, and it's probably the future of the league.

Back
Top Bottom