MERGED-->March 28th, San Diego Fan Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ramblin rose said:
At least the next two weeks will be chock full of action, fall dates, presale, probably general sale starting next Saturday, rock and roll induction, Adam's Birthday, that VH1 all access show, the rock and roll hall of fame induction show on VH1, possible band sightings at the induction in NY all leading up to....................

OPENING NIGHT

The build up is almost too much to take.

i forgot about the all access show--do you know the dates and times? i'm considering driving to cleveland for the live simulcast of the induction ceremony at the R&R Hall of Fame, but not sure I can justify the 5.5 hour drive...but then, I'm a crazed fan!

Ramblin Rose, which shows are you seeing on the third leg? I'll see you in Dallas for sure!

Less than three weeks--ack!

ladywithspinninghead said:
Yep, Ramblin' Rose, you're definitely onto something - I was a Prop. subscriber and I can see my code all of a sudden. And when I log into my non-Prop. membership, there's nothing. Very interesting.

See you all in San Diego!! :wave:

Well, what about us U2? The real fans that tried to become Prop members right after the Elevation tour but couldn't because it was closed down in 2002. And what happened to them starting with the lowest member number?! So here I am...not a Prop member and I've already used my code.

I'M SCREWED AGAIN!!!!!

I'LL NEVER GET GA TICKETS!!!!!

$40 MEMBERSHIP MY ASS!!!!! AND FOR WHAT?!?!?!

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

:crazy:

...nothing against you guys :hug: but I just had to vent...

ruffian said:
Ramblin Rose, which shows are you seeing on the third leg?

I'll be studying the list tonight, but if all goes well I'll be trying for Dallas, Houston, DC, NY (again), and Miami. We'll see. I'm using a lot of vacation time on this leg so any shows that fall on a Saturday this time might also be in contention. I'll probably stay on the East Coast though.

What about you?

ruffian said:
ok, I got my email from U2.com. IT'S OFFICIAL! I know you all know this by now...but in case you don't, 3rd leg dates are announced on Monday and the presale on Wednesday. I bought ONE ticket with my presale code, so I think that means I'm done and can't use it for the 3rd leg (even though we were allowed to buy two). But that's ok:(
I need to do a quick poll on the pros and cons of GA vs. reserved seat. For some of the shows, I'll have to drive after my classes end and can't spend all day in the GA line, so I'm thinking I'll have to have a seat for those. For weekend gigs I can probably do GA. I'm a little bummed that I can't make this decision after SD, since I will have had both experiences.

Kelly, are you going to any 3rd leg shows? I assume Miami?

Yes, I would like to try for Miami (depending on the dates, but that's the logical choice for me :) ).

I'll also be waiting till the general sale (not a prop member, used my code already) but I'm okay with that :).

Last edited:
Allegra said:

Well, what about us U2? The real fans that tried to become Prop members right after the Elevation tour but couldn't because it was closed down in 2002. And what happened to them starting with the lowest member number?! So here I am...not a Prop member and I've already used my code.

I'M SCREWED AGAIN!!!!!

I'LL NEVER GET GA TICKETS!!!!!

$40 MEMBERSHIP MY ASS!!!!! AND FOR WHAT?!?!?!

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

:crazy:

Don't fret yet--I got my GAs for Chicago in the general sale, and those shows sold out very quickly. You may be surprised. I also think that the first leg sold out so quickly because everyone had "Vertigo Fever" and wanted to make sure they didn't miss out on anything...by the 3rd leg there may be less frenzy. And if the scalpers get left holding the bag with tickets and have to sell them at face value (as I've heard is the case with some of the Denver shows) then maybe they won't be as greedy this time around.

Kelly if the closer is in Miami I will definitely try to make it. R.Rose, I'm going to try for anything in Kentucky, and also Cincinnati, Columbus, maybe Nashville, and for sure Dallas and Houston. I have three freq. flyer tickets to burn, and might spring for a Canada trip depending on the date. Much depends on whether the shows I want to see are weeknights or weekends. Arrrgh--if I'd only had the tour schedule back when I planned my fall classes I could've gotten my priorities straight :)

I know, it's rough. Thank god for 1) tax returns and 2) a firm commitment on my part to go into some debt for U2 and to save up as much as possible. I alloted money for the first leg and Europe but decided to use the Europe money for the third leg instead, since I don't like outdoor venues that much. If I didn't have relatives in Texas and Chicago those shows would be out of the question.

I got some "tips" from a ticket seller on eBay who I bought my 3/30 SD show tix from and thought I would share with you guys....for whatever they are worth here you go.....

It's much easier to get thu on the phone by calling a
TicketMaster number OUTSIDE of the venue city. I called their number in Topeka, KS and got right thru, no busy signal, no hold. Bought for several different cities, including SD. (The SD tix I got were actually the worst ones, in terms of location. I've got really great seats for other cities.) And getting thru on the phone is generally quicker than the TM website.
Also, with these big tours, they often announce additional dates about 15-20 minutes after the originally announced dates go on sale. So while others are trying to get seats for the original dates, if you wait, you can sometimes snap up better seats for the added dates. Watch for the added dates on the
TM website, then call in to get them.

Good luck next week with 3rd leg tix, Everyone! (I'm flat broke :banghead: )

Last edited:
here's the dates for the 3rd leg, in case you haven't seen them:

12th September Toronto - Air Canada Centre
14th September Toronto - Air Canada Centre
20th September Chicago - United Center
21st September Chicago - United Center
23rd September Minneapolis - Target Center
25th September Milwaukee - Bradley Center

03rd October Boston - Fleet Center
04th October Boston - Fleet Center
07th October New York - Madison Square Garden
08th October New York - Madison Square Garden
10th October New York - Madison Square Garden
16th October Philadelphia - Wachovia Center
17th October Philadelphia - Wachovia Center
19th October Washington - DC MCI Center
20th October Washington - DC MCI Center
22nd October Pittsburgh - Mellon Arena
24th October Detroit - Palace of Auburn Hills
28th October Houston - Toyota Center
29th October Dallas - American Airlines Arena

01st November Los Angeles - Staples Center
02nd November Los Angeles - Staples Center
13th November Miami - American Airlines Arena
16th November Tampa - St. Pete Times Forum
18th November Atlanta - Philips Arena
25th November Ottawa - Corel Centre
26th November Montreal - Bell Centre

07th December Hartford - Civic Center
09th December Buffalo - HSBC Arena
10th December Cleveland - Gund Arena
14th December St. Louis - Savvis Center
15th December Omaha - Qwest Center
17th December Salt Lake City - Delta Center
19th December Portland - Rose Garden

I'm sad that the D.C. shows are in the middle of the week, so I can't go :( But I am going to try for both shows in Philly, Dallas and Houston, and maybe Atlanta and Cleveland. I wish they were spending a little more time in the midwest, but I'm happy for fans who get to have them near their hometowns. It's so nerve-wracking to figure out all these details. I practically have a spreadsheet in front of me with the dates, my work schedule...and no idea which 2 shows to try for in the presale! :crazy:

ruffian said:
I'm sad that the D.C. shows are in the middle of the week, so I can't go :( But I am going to try for both shows in Philly, Dallas and Houston, and maybe Atlanta and Cleveland. I wish they were spending a little more time in the midwest, but I'm happy for fans who get to have them near their hometowns. It's so nerve-wracking to figure out all these details. I practically have a spreadsheet in front of me with the dates, my work schedule...and no idea which 2 shows to try for in the presale! :crazy:

I hear ya! I might have to see if I can get tickets for a Philly show as well. since I couldn't get any last time.

I will have to take off of work to see the DC shows if I wanna go GA. I may just get GA one show and seats for the next so I don't have to take off for two days!

kellyahern said:
I just want two tickets for Tampa so my sister can go with me :hug:

Some of those places for GA in the winter :yikes: Buffalo in December!
:lol: I couldn't believe it when I saw Buffalo in DECEMBER! my god that will be one chilly GA line...

I'm going to try for Atlanta and Philly in the presale and will take my chances with the general sale for Dallas and Houston. Cleveland will remain the outlyer--it's only one date and a little far to drive.

Sorry for blabbering on about non-San Diego issues. :reject: I'm a little hyper from tour date announcements and my head is spinning (hey, does that mean I'm a lady with a spinning head?) :)

I'm actually relieved this might all be over by the time we get to San Diego. I'm also glad that those dates posted earlier in the week in the news section panned out since I blocked them out on the vacation schedule at work.

I just don't know what show to buy in the presale. I'm thinking I'll go for MSG only because it will probably still be the hardest ticket to get in the General Sale. Probably for the 8th which is the Saturday night.

Other than that I'll just have to take my chances in the general sale for MSG on the 7th, the 2 in DC, Houston, Dallas and Miami.:crazy:

God I barely survived the first General Sale, this will be murder. I just hope all of these shows don't go on sale the same day:huh:

it's so stressful! I'd definitely go for Sat. night MSG--that's going to be the hardest show to get tix for. Are you going GA or seats?

I know someone who has connections with the AA Arena in Dallas, so I'm hoping they can come through with a ticket. I'm calling them tomorrow and begging. Houston, I'll have to take my chances in the general sale.

Do you think they'll likely add another Atlanta date?

ruffian said:
Do you think they'll likely add another Atlanta date?

Everyone over at the general discussion seems to think it's a sure thing.

I'll probably do seats in MSG because I'll either go with my nephew or sister-in-law.

In fact I'll probably only be shooting for GA in Dallas & Houston.

Last edited:
I think so, too. I can't do GA for the first night since I have an afternoon class to teach :mad: ...but then again, maybe I'll come down with a sudden stomach flu ... :shifty:

skjuls said:

LOL, I didn't know professors would do that. LOL!!

This one would!!!!

Skjuls, if you end up deciding to go to Philly I can try to get you a GA when I get mine in the presale--just let me know. I can't remember if you're propaganda or if you have code left to use or not...

ruffian said:

This one would!!!!

Skjuls, if you end up deciding to go to Philly I can try to get you a GA when I get mine in the presale--just let me know. I can't remember if you're propaganda or if you have code left to use or not...

I would love that!!! I will definitely go to Philly since I will only go to DC and Philly. Spending a lot on going to SD as it is. I will go to Las Vegas if they add that!

I'm a former Prop and am using my code for DC but if you still wanna share.... please, help a single mom out!!

Just kidding!!

I wish you could go to the DC shows!! maybe you should have the stomach flu all weeK!

really, i'd only be buying one to philly anyway, so i can easily get two if GAs are available. Let's PM each other and have a back-up plan if GAs are not available. You can just pay me in SD, so no problem there :) We can talk about what to do if there aren't GAs for that show...

ruffian said:
really, i'd only be buying one to philly anyway, so i can easily get two if GAs are available. Let's PM each other and have a back-up plan if GAs are not available. You can just pay me in SD, so no problem there :) We can talk about what to do if there aren't GAs for that show...

I just PMed you!

U2 fans are the best!!!

Hey Ruffian and skjuls,
I am gonna try for the philly shows too in the presale. My hubby is in the Navy so we are moving to the east coast again in august. I should be living outside of D.C., probably in Maryland. I am not sure where yet. Anyways, since I need a babysitter for my seven year old.. My sister and brother in law live outside of philly so we will have them watch our son. We would like to do the DC shows too just not sure who can watch Liam during the week. We may be able to have someone by then its hard to say. I think we will try for the DC shows in the general sale or something.. Anyone know of a good babysitter in outside DC area?

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Hey Ruffian and skjuls,
I am gonna try for the philly shows too in the presale. My hubby is in the Navy so we are moving to the east coast again in august. I should be living outside of D.C., probably in Maryland. I am not sure where yet. Anyways, since I need a babysitter for my seven year old.. My sister and brother in law live outside of philly so we will have them watch our son. We would like to do the DC shows too just not sure who can watch Liam during the week. We may be able to have someone by then its hard to say. I think we will try for the DC shows in the general sale or something.. Anyone know of a good babysitter in outside DC area?

AWESOME!! It will be great to have a group of San Diego go-ers in Philly. I have a couple of former students currently in law school in D.C. but they have crazy schedules so probably couldn't babysit. Skjuls may know someone...

ruffian said:

AWESOME!! It will be great to have a group of San Diego go-ers in Philly. I have a couple of former students currently in law school in D.C. but they have crazy schedules so probably couldn't babysit. Skjuls may know someone...

My babysitter lives in Arlington so....... and she only charges 3.75 an hour. She's great with my 1 year old!

I also have some Peace Corps friends (who now work for Peace Corps) who would probably babysit for a higher fee. They live in DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom