Interpol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure if I replied to this already, but I didn't think they were that bad. I gave their music a chance years ago, and it never really clicked with me. But I've seen a lot worse for opening acts, and while not everyone can carry a high energy level at all times, I'd say they were "okay". Not great or bad, but okay.

If anyone is interested, I have a used Interpol pick given to me in Pittsburgh by the lead guitarist. If anyone really loves Interpol that much and wants to trade me for an Edge pick (real or tour pick) send me a PM.

:hmm:

I only have a Bono pick, sorry. :wink: Otherwise I totally would've, y'know.

Though I do have unofficial Edge picks as well, the brand he uses. But not used by him or signed or something..

I only have a Bono pick, sorry. :wink: Otherwise I totally would've, y'know.

Though I do have unofficial Edge picks as well, the brand he uses. But not used by him or signed or something..

I appreciate it. I have Bono ones too. It's Edge ones that I'm looking for.

Um..whoever would actually do this trade, send me their street address so I can go relieve them of the rest of their clearly undeserved U2 tour memorabia collection! :lol:

:wink:

You laugh....and laugh all you want. When I went to Raleigh. I tell you no lies. There were a bunch of younger folks behind me. I turned to them and said, "Is this your first show? Are you excited for U2?" They looked at me and said frankly, "We are here to see MUSE!".

Muse came on....rocked the set...... the group behind me.....actually left. Jocelyn and I were SHOCKED!

Believe me....there are some Interpol fans out there that want this gem of a pick.

Check this thread for further trading clarification

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f190/authentic-bono-pick-to-trade-211886.html#post7305359

But if is worth anything....they played the best they've ever played in Pittsburgh believe it or not.

Yeah Mark, but those were Muse fans. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Muse fan myself, but god, they have the worst fans ever. Lots of them are teenage hipsters who think that Muse is the only thing important in the world. They actually HATED that Muse were an opening act, felt that it should've been the other way around, and their forums had shitloads of messages of musers who would just go to the shows to see Muse and leave before U2. :rolleyes:

Yeah Mark, but those were Muse fans. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Muse fan myself, but god, they have the worst fans ever. Lots of them are teenage hipsters who think that Muse is the only thing important in the world. They actually HATED that Muse were an opening act, felt that it should've been the other way around, and their forums had shitloads of messages of musers who would just go to the shows to see Muse and leave before U2. :rolleyes:

I really like Muse. I got to see them in Toronto waaaaaay before they had the fame they had now. They were awesome. After seeing them on the U2 tour, I made sure to buy tickets when they played with the Silver Sun Pickups opening in Toronto. Fantastic show as well.

Didn't know musers would leave the show before U2 would come on. Was shocking to me.

I really like Muse. I got to see them in Toronto waaaaaay before they had the fame they had now. They were awesome. After seeing them on the U2 tour, I made sure to buy tickets when they played with the Silver Sun Pickups opening in Toronto. Fantastic show as well.

Didn't know musers would leave the show before U2 would come on. Was shocking to me.

I love them, 2nd favourite after U2. Amazing live band too, as you said. :up: Lucky you got to see a show with both bands.

Yeah, it was all over their forums, some made it on here too. It was pretty disturbing. There's a reason why I stay on here and don't go to Muse's forums. :wink:

Here is a picture of me during Interpol's set. And to think I have to endure them AGAIN in Pittsburgh....

tumblr_ldutx8QYVp1qzfx7r.gif

This still makes me laugh my ass off!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This is the main reason I've balked at going to one of their shows. My sister convinced me to go to Incubus years ago. At 21, I was probably the oldest person in the Allstate Arena by a good 4 years. It was like being in a sea of douchebaggery.

Hipster Muse fans. :lmao:

This is the main reason I've balked at going to one of their shows. My sister convinced me to go to Incubus years ago. At 21, I was probably the oldest person in the Allstate Arena by a good 4 years. It was like being in a sea of douchebaggery.

Exactly. Though in here I had little trouble since I got in line when the doors opened, it's still annoying that they are so damn arrogant. Damn kids. :tsk:

There was some guy just jamming away (all by himself) in Chicago, right in front of us. People just kinda backed off and let him do his own thing. Once Interpol was done, he left. :lol: Probably a good thing - he was about to get voted "Most Likely To Shit Himself at Any Moment."

Screw you guys, Snow Patrol were good.

I hated them the first seven times I saw them, though, but gradually grew to enjoy their sets.

Kind of like the unattractive person constantly hitting on you, until finally you just give in and throw them a shag.

Some guys in the front row in Moscow were giving them a hard time, so Gary checks them:

‪"Run" (Live) - Snow Patrol - Moscow, Russia - Luzhniki Stadium - August 25, 2010‬‏ - YouTube

:lol: throw them a shag! hilarious

I like this video. Didn't see them open for U2, so I can't comment on their sets. My favorite were Muse, Lenny Kravitz and GlasVegas (jk about the last :wink: )

I thought Snow Patrol was fantastic when they opened for U2 back in 09. I would see them again in a heartbeat.

Florence and The Machines was an awesome opener.

KOL-bored me to tears. Yuck.

And while I didn't see Muse open for U2, I did see them and Silversun Pickups in concert a couple of years ago. Both awesome bands. Muse is my second favorite band and I would see them over and over again. Oh and I don't like them because of that one song off of Twilight. :lol: I never saw Twilight and I wouldn't be caught dead seeing those movies.

I would have liked to have seen Interpol open though. I've only heard a couple of their songs and thought they were pretty good.

I saw Snow Patrol in Chicago 09 and thought they did a good job of opening a stadium. Muse kicks ass. I know they are not everyone's cup of tea. But I really enjoyed them.

I also though KOL were not suited for U2. But now I am a fan club member of theirs and their last 3 albums are really good. And they headline festivals now. I feel kind of silly not giving them a chance in 05.....but they were not good back then. At least in my opinion.

But back to Interpol...in Minny they were the worst I have seen. Even worse than in Montreal (and I didn't think that was possible).

I didn't think Interpol was that bad. Their songs all run together for me, and the band didn't have the stage presence for the claw (does anybody, other than U2?), but they were okay, if a little boring. The singer's voice is grating after a while, but whatever. They were better than The Fray.

I saw Snow Patrol in Chicago 09 and thought they did a good job of opening a stadium. Muse kicks ass. I know they are not everyone's cup of tea. But I really enjoyed them.

I also though KOL were not suited for U2. But now I am a fan club member of theirs and their last 3 albums are really good. And they headline festivals now. I feel kind of silly not giving them a chance in 05.....but they were not good back then. At least in my opinion.

But back to Interpol...in Minny they were the worst I have seen. Even worse than in Montreal (and I didn't think that was possible).

I was one of the few people that actually liked KOL opening for U2. :)

Glasvegas :barf:

:wink:
you know I wish I never saw them. The second night in Dublin I was stuck in the merchandise "queue" (more like a mob of angry people heckling the merchandise workers) pushing and shoving my way to buy one shirt for a friend, so I ended up missing Kaiser Chiefs, and I really wanted to see them. By the time I made it back to my seat, they were on their last song. I was able to see the singer fly into the pit to crowd surf. I should have bought the shirt on night one and avoided Blahvegas.

Back
Top Bottom