Good omen for setlist shake-up!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good to know mate wouldnt be the same without the old guard here, sorry if i caused offense

Nah it's cool, just felt a bit like you were scouting for a debate when I'd tried to set it up as something other than that. Glad the truth was otherwise.

well, ill be back on june 26 to say hi......lets all hope im correct!??

4 new songs...book it!

Well, i said 4 new songs and we have gotten 3 (EBTTRT, Fucking ZOOROPA, and Out of Control)........be prepared for the next major surprise in the weeks leading up to Glasto!

The next song will blow long-times minds........BOOK IT!

I want to see something like this:

Stingray Guitar
Even Better Than the Real Thing
Get on Your Boots (Justice Remix / album hybrid)
Out of Control / I Will Follow / New Year's Day
Magnificent
Mysterious Ways
Boy Falls from the Sky
Beautiful Day
The Fly / UTEOTW
Still Haven't Found / AIWIY
Bad
Staring at the Sun / North Star / Every Breaking Wave
Zooropa
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Scarlet
A Sort of Homecoming / Kite

One
Streets (PopMart arrangement)

Gone
UV / HMTMKMKM
WOWY (Shine Like Stars)
MOS (No Line on the Horizon snippet)-->40

Totally realistic. :cute:

Wonder if they will give us a (sort of) nod to POP, through a PopMart Style arrangement of Streets. That was by far the best version.

I remember when I was listening to the broadcast of the Cape Town show thinking, "Man...this show's version of Streets reminds me of the PopMart arrangements!" That was the closest they've come to almost playing that amazing arrangement.

I seriously think it's time for Bullet the Blue Sky to come back, reinvigorated and themed around all the military injustices going on in Africa and the Middle East at the moment. This may or may not be based on recently watching the Boston and Slane versions from Elevation, :drool:, I know it was sleep-walked through during Vertigo, but let's not deny the awesomeness of this song.

I don't think they'll bring it back to address those goings-on; SBS fills that "what's going on in the world" spot just fine.

If they wanted to swap out SBS for an invigorated, pepped-up-on-goofballs version of Bullet, that would be cool. But boy howdy, they'd better reinvent the shit out of it for me to be interested, after the slog that was Vertigo's version.

They could totally have Bullet The Blue Sky become a rotational with Sunday Bloody Sunday after Crazy Tonight.

That would be sweet, then we'd have three rotations:

I Will Follow/New Year's Day/can we include Out of Control now??
HMTMKMKM/UV
Sunday Bloody Sunday/BTBS/Pride, maybe?

I'm fine taking a break from BTBS for a long while. Great song, but the band hasn't been delivering inspired live performances of that one for years.

Wouldn't it be cool if U2 did a true 'career retrospective' setlist for Glastonbury and included at least one song from EVERY album? It's not that far-fetched

Boy: I Will Follow or Out Of Control
October: Scarlet has been played on this tour, or there's always Gloria
Rattle & Hum: Desire or All I Want Is You are logical candidates
Zooropa: Stay, or the title track that was just played in Sao Paulo
Pop: Dunno what might show up from this album....wasn't 'Mofo' soundchecked during the 360 Tour? Imagine that song played in a festival atmosphere, that'd be nuts. Mofo was a relatively solid hit in Europe, right?

I think if they're gonna have anything from Zooropa appear in the Glasto set it should be Dirty Day.

And if they do Desire, they HAVE to do the full-band, ZooTV arrangement!

:drool:

Pop: Dunno what might show up from this album....wasn't 'Mofo' soundchecked during the 360 Tour? Imagine that song played in a festival atmosphere, that'd be nuts. Mofo was a relatively solid hit in Europe, right?

Mofo was soundchecked on the third leg of the Vertigo Tour. It has not been soundchecked by the band this tour, though a couple of people seem to have reported hearing one or two crew members soundcheck parts from it (which doesn't mean too much, as Dallas for instance often plays guitar parts from songs U2 haven't rehearsed or are no longer in the set).

New mixes and elements for mexico?

It was a madly busy day as we will now all part company for three weeks and there is much to be achieved prior to our reunion in Mexico. Some new mixes to be done, some new show content, changes, upgrades. It's going to be a busy ‘break’. The weather, at least, was co-operating. The recent monsoon conditions seem to have moved on to soak somebody else which at least gave the gear a chance to dry out a little before being packed into containers and trucks to gently rot for three weeks. If gear gets put away wet for long periods of time, some of those boxes are pretty funky by the time they get opened up again.

Wouldn't it be cool if U2 did a true 'career retrospective' setlist for Glastonbury and included at least one song from EVERY album? It's not that far-fetched

Boy: I Will Follow or Out Of Control
October: Scarlet has been played on this tour, or there's always Gloria
Rattle & Hum: Desire or All I Want Is You are logical candidates
Zooropa: Stay, or the title track that was just played in Sao Paulo
This is an awesome idea! Besides, anything that'd force them to play something from Pop is okay by me. :drool:

Mofo was soundchecked on the third leg of the Vertigo Tour. It has not been soundchecked by the band this tour, though a couple of people seem to have reported hearing one or two crew members soundcheck parts from it (which doesn't mean too much, as Dallas for instance often plays guitar parts from songs U2 haven't rehearsed or are no longer in the set).

Sam often soundchecks Mofo as a way of testing the kit. So those reports aren't of much value.

Probably sound like shit, but....it's Mofo. Bring iiiiiitt!

Well I'm not saying they wouldn't rehearse. But it just wouldn't have been amplified to the people listening outside the stadium! They would rehearse in secret. :shifty: And then blow our heads off with a bitchin' performance of Mofo.

And ofcourse, this should all happen in Montreal...

What do people think of the chances of 'Stay' being played on the next leg? not good?

And weren't they rehearsing TTTYAATW last year? That'd be great :hmm:

New mixes and elements for mexico?

It was a madly busy day as we will now all part company for three weeks and there is much to be achieved prior to our reunion in Mexico. Some new mixes to be done, some new show content, changes, upgrades. It's going to be a busy ‘break’. The weather, at least, was co-operating. The recent monsoon conditions seem to have moved on to soak somebody else which at least gave the gear a chance to dry out a little before being packed into containers and trucks to gently rot for three weeks. If gear gets put away wet for long periods of time, some of those boxes are pretty funky by the time they get opened up again.

Encouraging.

What do people think of the chances of 'Stay' being played on the next leg? not good?

And weren't they rehearsing TTTYAATW last year? That'd be great :hmm:

I think there were rehearsals of TTTYAATW...it was in the same batch of rumors that Drowning man, If God Will Send His Angels, EBTTRT, and "an acoustic Mysterious Ways" were in if I am recalling it correctly.

Zooropa doesn't have as big a lead as I would have thought.

Not that EBTTRT and Out of Control weren't delightful surprises, but Zooropa was the true "holy shit" moment of the last leg.

I think there were rehearsals of TTTYAATW...it was in the same batch of rumors that Drowning man, If God Will Send His Angels, EBTTRT, and "an acoustic Mysterious Ways" were in if I am recalling it correctly.

Let me clarify all of those, because the "rumours" (most are confirmed reports, not rumours) didn't come in just one batch.

TTTYAATW: rehearsed on at least one day in Turin, August 2010.
Drowning Man: rehearsed extensively in Barcelona and at European soundchecks, June-July 2009. I think the last known soundcheck is when I heard it on 27 July 2009.
IGWSHA: reported on just one (earlier) day of Barcelona rehearsals in June 2009.
EBTTRT: remixed version rehearsed one day in Barcelona, June 2009. Couple of soundcheck claims on European 2010 leg.
Acoustic MW: rehearsed later in the picture at Barcelona, June 2009, reasonably extensively too (enough so that somebody had the chance to record it anyway!).

I really hope they just keep doing what they're doing.

In my opinion and my opinion only, this tour, set list wise, has been moving in the right direction since Turin in August 2010. Now that the tour is continuing without new material, it looks like they are actually moving toward digging up a good portion of their awesome catalog for us!!

I want a new album as much as anyone, but will gladly take some awesome performances of Hold Me...Kill Me, Bad, I Will Follow, Out of Control, Zooropa, All I Want Is You, Even Better, and whatever else they could possibly dig up this summer!

They're on fire now as a band and 360 is finally showing its potential!

Back
Top Bottom