December 9th Honolulu Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2ITNOL said:
I'm still in Hawaii, but brought my laptop on the trip and just finished uploading my photos from the 9th. Here's the link to the gallery...

Great pics, I was standing right behind you. I have almost the identical pictures you do.

You got me in your pics PopArtist! And you didn't introduce yourself???!?!?! Did you know you got our pic in there? :shifty:

I didn't know what you looked like so I didn't know that I got you guys until I looked back at the photos after I got home and realized that that was Maddy I got. Otherwise I would've said hello, although everybody was going by so fast on the way into the stadium. :wink:

I had the time of my LIFE!!
As I said in another thread the best moment was when Edge WINKED and flashed the biggest smile at me during I will follow. I was the only one leaping my butt off in my immediate area when the song began. I was in disbelief and had to confirm it with the person behind me

Here are a few pics. I don’t know how I managed to snap 100+ pics, sing my lungs out and dance till my calves hurt

Rockin it!!!
100_0378.jpg

100_0474.jpg

I posted this on another thread. Oops. I couldn’t believe Larry Mullen eye contact existed!! This was split seconds after
100_0485.jpg

He moves in mysterious ways….I was SHOCKED he performed this right in front on me!!
100_0499.jpg

100_0518.jpg

100_0533.jpg

Thank you boys for the memories. This was once in a lifetime:drool:

Here are the official just released boxscore results for attendance and gross at the Honolulu show at Aloha Stadium for anyone who wondered precisely how many people were there.

131. Honolulu, Hawaii : December 9, 2006 : Aloha Stadium : GROSS $4,486,532 : ATTENDANCE 45,815 : SHOWS 1 : SELLOUTS 1

Without a doubt, this is now the GROSS record for the stadium although I'm not sure if its the attendance record for a single show or not.

Weren't they expecting 60,000? 50,000 seats + 10,000 GA?

Did it ever actually sell out? I stopped checking a couple weeks prior to the show, after those GAs dropped.

I have a few - most didn't come out as expected, but it was worth a shot!

the back of Darryl, my hero (in red). And a hint of Miroslava too :shifty:
BStage.jpg

Bono.jpg

Bono-LAPOE.jpg

GivingInto.jpg

Reclaim.jpg

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
I have a few - most didn't come out as expected, but it was worth a shot!

the back of Darryl, my hero (in red). And a hint of Miroslava too :shifty:
BStage.jpg

I look pissed!! :lol: :lmao: Think you could hit me up with the original format for the scrapbook? :nerd:

I cheered up, I promise!

Nice pics Lila! :D

Not too shabby for my first concert photo try. Of course you didn't see the 50 I didn't post :lol: I think I like the Bono pic on the B-stage for LAPOE the most :heart:

And I will vouch for you Miroslava - you were having a great time all night :yes: I have other video of Maddy's moment, and you can hear me shouting 'Go Maddy' and screaming, LOL!!! 69MB file for 82 seconds, but so worth it :drool: (thanks jez :bow: )

Miroslava said:

I look pissed!! :lol: :lmao: Think you could hit me up with the original format for the scrapbook? :nerd:

I cheered up, I promise!

Nice pics Lila! :D

Hey Miroslava:); long time

Hi all! Just checking in. I managed to get tons of great pics from my spot. I'll have to post them later. We just got in and I'm doing laundry since tomorrow we travel again :huh: I also have a video clip of Maddy on stage and I filmed Miss Sarajevo if anyone's interested. I'll post ASAP....

Miss Sarajevo ruled my world that night!

I was so great to run into you and Phil on Kuhio avenue Lies!! :D Randomness!

And hey Romi! Heard you got married, congrats!

And thanks for the confirmation of my cheeriness during the show Lila. :lol:

Last edited:
mads said:
Weren't they expecting 60,000? 50,000 seats + 10,000 GA?

Did it ever actually sell out? I stopped checking a couple weeks prior to the show, after those GAs dropped.

They sold all the tickets that were put up for sale. I do not know if the maximum capacity that could be used for a concert at the venue was used, but it appears that this may be the largest or second largest concert at the stadium in its history.

Lila64 said:
Not too shabby for my first concert photo try. Of course you didn't see the 50 I didn't post :lol: I think I like the Bono pic on the B-stage for LAPOE the most :heart:

And I will vouch for you Miroslava - you were having a great time all night :yes: I have other video of Maddy's moment, and you can hear me shouting 'Go Maddy' and screaming, LOL!!! 69MB file for 82 seconds, but so worth it :drool: (thanks jez :bow: )

Lila, I'm really glad you like the video clip - I may try & compress it and post on youtube or something as it's a little large for most people to download.

BTW, I did laugh the first time I watched it and heard you yell "Go Maddy!!!" :lol:

I have some other cool clips too - Bono doing his opera bit is my fave....)

Oh, and I have to say, some of your photos turned out really well. Maybe your camera is not so bad afterall! :wink:

Got Philk? said:

Well in that case, I apologize if I bumped you or pissed you off or anything. I was the big guy with the Santa hat.
:reject:
philk
Oh, I remember you. :wave: There were lots of Interferencers at our b-stage, apparently.

You didn't bump me. :) The only person who really pissed me off was the girl who pushed in front of me.

jezh said:

Lila, I'm really glad you like the video clip - I may try & compress it and post on youtube or something as it's a little large for most people to download.

BTW, I did laugh the first time I watched it and heard you yell "Go Maddy!!!" :lol:

I have some other cool clips too - Bono doing his opera bit is my fave....)

Oh, and I have to say, some of your photos turned out really well. Maybe your camera is not so bad afterall! :wink:

Yeah, I have some friends who want to drop by to see it because it's too large to download for most people.

I laughed when I heard me screaming too :lol:
I can't wait to see more clips. Miss Sarajevo in front of us was :drool:

And my camera is still crap. I didn't post about 20-30, LOL. Some of them look better small, so that you can't see them out of focus or anything, like Bono during LAPOE.

Let me know if you post your clips on You Tube!!!

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom