Bono voice highligt 360 campign!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are very good as well, but the most recent one from Rome has that extra sense of power in the falsetto (at least I think it does) that you rarely hear from Bono post-ZooTV. :love:

Dont mean to be rude, but the Rome falsetto in child is very weak. It is a bit hoarse and have is less deep in the sound.

oh really yeah i think there is a vid up now :)
yeah your the expert on this but he held sarajevo note for a long time (not sure if its longer than usual)
and i noticed they played i still haven't found what i'm looking for in B which is 1 step down from the album. In other 360 peformances and previous tours it has been 1 and a half steps down. 2 steps down for popmart as well.
i heard some kermit as well haha

oh really yeah i think there is a vid up now :)
yeah your the expert on this but he held sarajevo note for a long time (not sure if its longer than usual)
and i noticed they played i still haven't found what i'm looking for in B which is 1 step down from the album. In other 360 peformances and previous tours it has been 1 and a half steps down. 2 steps down for popmart as well.
i heard some kermit as well haha

He nailed the Wide Awake in the end of the song :) But the best Bad yet this tour is the version from Rome :)

I was realy impressed with WOWY and ISHFWILF from Melborune 1. Those two songs keep getting better and better on this tour.

If you like his kermit voice, you might like this one:
YouTube - U2 San Sebastian 2010-09-26 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - u2gigs.com

Listen to 5:43-5:56 in the video below...the flow, vibrato, texture, timbre....the fluctuation in his voice...the sincerity...everything about it...it's perfection....

"...whether you're my sister, whether you're my brother" ...are you kidding me?

I know he's not hitting any incredible note, so this wouldn't be a Peter highlight, but seriously....this is incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r7m80EBD7g

the falsetto in bad sydney sounded a hell of a lot stronger than the one in melbourne
and he does the fade away zoo tv like
that NEVER tear us apart is a C as well :heart:
reminded me of mexico dvd popmart

hey peter how long has bono skipped out the third verse of bad for ?
i noticed it was missing in melbourne and sydney
the verse - "if i could throw myself your spirit free, i'd lead your heart astray" etc

Bad 13.12.10 Sydney = pure class

In my opinion one of the best performances ever, and I've heard a lot...

I've always thought Bono was struggling with this song since 1997, his heart was always in the right place, within the song's lyrics, but his voice wasn't (with few exceptions). At least not on the same level as back in 80s and early 90s.

This one has everything I need - powerful voice, excellent choice of Need You Tonight, energy in Never Tear Us Apart and the the way Bono screams "yeah, yeah" in between...:drool:

Sweet.

Keep it up!

I've always thought Bono was struggling with this song since 1997, his heart was always in the right place, within the song's lyrics, but his voice wasn't (with few exceptions). At least not on the same level as back in 80s and early 90s.

Are you kidding? The performances from the Boston DVD and Vertigo Chicago were the best ones of more recent times. Also I think that the performance in Brisbane was better than Sydney.

Are you kidding? The performances from the Boston DVD and Vertigo Chicago were the best ones of more recent times. Also I think that the performance in Brisbane was better than Sydney.

His voice was nowhere near as good as Sydney and Rome 2010 on the Boston DVD.

2001 was the absolute low point for Bono vocally.

His voice cracked multiple times every concert, and save for a few ok "wide awake's" they were mostly spoken or barely sung at all.

I just listened to the show from 10/30/01 in Providence. Brilliant stuff. Great setlist, so much passion and intensity from the guys in post 9/11 America. Small venue and extremely intimate, emotional, etc. This show featured a great run of songs throughout, but especially Please>Bad/40>Where The Streets Have No Name>Still Haven't Found>Pride(In The Name of Love). Bad was done about the best it was the entire tour and it still came nowhere near the versions we see now. Bono audibly struggled at many times during the night.

He is most definitely much stronger on this song in all aspects now than he was on Vertigo and especially Elevation. Additionally, it's played much closer to or maybe even in original key.

Vertigo had some well sung versions- Seattle in April 2005, Boston Dec. 2005, Chicago Sept. 2005 and all of the versions done in NZ and Japan in 2006. Vertigo performances were ahead of the few 2009 360 performances, for sure. But Elevation, not even close.

The 2 videos Peterr linked are right up there with the 1984-1986 versions of Bad.

Of course, Bad from the Boston DVD was as passionate as it gets and was extra special for the 40 snippet right into Streets. However, it was not well sung at all.

For me, the 2001 vs 2010 Bad performances are easy to judge.

Would you prefer the "wide awake's" to be powerfully sung and held for a while, or talked and not held at all?

Of course I would want them to be powerful, but that is only one part of the song. I also found that Vertigo Chicago's performance was better than Elevation Boston's. But I will like to say that the reason why I have a soft spot for Bono's voice during 2001 was how much improved it was from PopMart. I mean he was very close to losing his voice after all the damage he did to it during the later half of the 90's and to finally fix it up enough to make another album was just amazing in my view. Sure there were some bugs with his voice still here and there, but i found it a great improvement.

Listen to that show in 2001 just after the release of ATYCLB... Irving Plaza! My memory was betraying me for a while. Bad was really incredible that night, the best non 80's performance of it by far.

^^

Really great, intense passionate performance, but his voice was not even close to on par with 1984-1986, 1992/93 or 2005-present.

^The lasers are not working, and am I the only one that think the two guys on the stage with the smoke machines are ridiculously annoying...
It always ruins the view...

I prefer the Brussels 23rd version of that song

Back
Top Bottom