2017 Joshua Tree Tour Stage Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My money's on a teleprompter as well. The glass triangle looks open on top so I doubt it's for rain protection.

IMG_1860.JPG

I was perplexed by the enclosure as well at Seattle. I took a picture of the video wall showing the box. Looks like pedals but could be more.

I know a guy who knows a guy who works catering for this tour, he said the little enclosure was for Bono's "stage snacks". Apparently he eats a lot between songs and occasionally even while he is performing he will also be snacking on miniature hot dogs. So if you wonder why his voice might seem a bit rough during some of the songs, that could be why (Hot Dog / Not Hot Dog?).

No. The hot dog theory has been destroyed. Little people from a village colony kept stealing the setlist. They had so many they even used the blank side to print maps to their house behind the mushrooms. Bono used his best diploamcy skills putting forward his 'Im short too' rationale to get the setlist back. They were relentless in their negotiations. Then they stole his hat.

I know a guy who knows a guy who works catering for this tour, he said the little enclosure was for Bono's "stage snacks". Apparently he eats a lot between songs and occasionally even while he is performing he will also be snacking on miniature hot dogs. So if you wonder why his voice might seem a bit rough during some of the songs, that could be why (Hot Dog / Not Hot Dog?).

:lol:

Nice Silicon Valley reference.

You mean the only merch item worth the material it's made from? Yes. I plan to buy it.

Wish there was a softcover option instead of the expensive hardback.

Then again, I found a copy of the original tour program for $10 years ago so I'm not exactly sweating it.

View attachment 11225

I was perplexed by the enclosure as well at Seattle. I took a picture of the video wall showing the box. Looks like pedals but could be more.

he usually has all the things he needs; whole programmable controller for his pedals, expression pedals/other pedals with actual pedals to operate, that pedal that triggers pre-recorded tracks, etc. and they tend to be on this plexiglass board.

he usually has all the things he needs; whole programmable controller for his pedals, expression pedals/other pedals with actual pedals to operate, that pedal that triggers pre-recorded tracks, etc. and they tend to be on this plexiglass board.
Either that or it's plastic protection against the little people setlist stealer.

Wish there was a softcover option instead of the expensive hardback.

Then again, I found a copy of the original tour program for $10 years ago so I'm not exactly sweating it.
You can buy the tour book from u2.com with 25% off

My take is a combination of a few things - the frame is for weather protection and I am sure there is a 'top' they can throw on it to protect Edge's rig. In one of the videos you can also see the back of a TelePrompTer monitor and I imagine the sides of the structure have the same film on it that screen protectors do when you do not want people to read your screen. There would not be a spot on this stage where Bono could not see the lyrics...totally commonplace now. I mean hell, Larry's little monitor is in plain sight.

So yes, we are basically watching robots who read lyrics and have ... wait for it ... I hope to be the first in this tour to throw out the term ... "clicktracks" in their IEMs. Metronomes.

Cannot wait to hear the first IEM bootleg with the old "Edge 1,2,3" "Bono 1,2,3" robotic voice leading them into a song.

What amazes me is that he still fucks up the timing of the verses!

My take is a combination of a few things - the frame is for weather protection and I am sure there is a 'top' they can throw on it to protect Edge's rig. In one of the videos you can also see the back of a TelePrompTer monitor and I imagine the sides of the structure have the same film on it that screen protectors do when you do not want people to read your screen. There would not be a spot on this stage where Bono could not see the lyrics...totally commonplace now. I mean hell, Larry's little monitor is in plain sight.

So yes, we are basically watching robots who read lyrics and have ... wait for it ... I hope to be the first in this tour to throw out the term ... "clicktracks" in their IEMs. Metronomes.

Cannot wait to hear the first IEM bootleg with the old "Edge 1,2,3" "Bono 1,2,3" robotic voice leading them into a song.

What amazes me is that he still fucks up the timing of the verses!

I was wondering how long it would take for this post to come.

But what do mean "not a spot on stage where Bono couldn't see..." the thing in question isn't that big, and when Bono did use it he stayed in one spot the whole song.

Fixed, assuming you want your house protected.

giphy.gif

click clack.

I was wondering how long it would take for this post to come.

But what do mean "not a spot on stage where Bono couldn't see..." the thing in question isn't that big, and when Bono did use it he stayed in one spot the whole song.

Ha Ha Ha - just had to throw our clicktracks before anyone else here did.

My point is that I am sure there are numerous flat panel monitors located around the stage so wherever Bono goes he can just read the lyrics.

RIP Chris Cornell.

Back
Top Bottom