17th October Philadelphia - Wachovia Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, no one has posted yet, my review isn't going to be as complete as most. I just got back around 7:30 am this morning, I am in complete awe of what I experienced! I, like a few others, cannot post a proper review because words cannot express what I saw. It was an incredible show, Bono I found out later was not feeling well and was whisked away right after the concert, but as usual he gave it his all. I really want to express my feelings about the Philly fans. I have never witnessed so much love and appreciation for anyone the way they have for U2! I know people say that New York shows a lot of love, but Philly was the most incredible crowd I ever had the pleasure of going to a concert with! I'm in my forties, and I had crappy nosebleed tickets, and some younger GA people let me hang out with them all day. One person I was talking to said I wouldn't care about my bad seats once the show started, and he was so right! Everybody, including "nosebleed" people stood up when they came on, and NEVER sat down except maybe once. The Philly crowd was wonderful to me (I came in from Baltimore) and they were wonderful to U2, who were themselves overwhelmed by their love and participation. I saw one lady sitting near me so moved by "Walk On" that I just wanted to hug her! So, so much love in the place! Someone else can post setlists and stuff, my mind is completely blown! (This is a PLEBA comment - Adam was gorgeous!)

Setlist from u2tours.com:

Night Two - 10/17/05:

Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, I Will Follow, The Electric Co., I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For, Beautiful Day, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One

Encore(s): Walk On (acoustic), Fast Cars, People Get Ready, With or Without You, All Because of You, 40

Comments: During the encore, Bono announces that they want to play ‘People Get Ready’, but says they need an extra guitar player. The crowd erupts when Bruce Springsteen strolls on stage to reprise a collaboration that first happened in September, 1987, at Philly’s now-demolished JFK Stadium. Bono calls Bruce’s wife, Patti Scialfa, on stage to help with vocals. They play an extended version of the song with mostly made-up lyrics, eventually leaving only Bruce (playing Bono’s Irish Falcon guitar) and Larry on stage to close out the first encore. The planned setlist has the show ending with Original of the Species and Bad, but the band plays All Because of You and 40 instead.

Night two in Philadelphia, and the energy level of the band was much higher than that of night one. However, I was still quite disappointed that, for the second night in a row, the only song played from Achtung Baby was “One.” I was also disappointed that after seeing four shows on this tour, I’d not gotten an “Original Of The Species” or “Bad.” You can imagine my reaction when I read the comments section of the setlist this morning! DAMMIT!!!!!

“Miss Sarajevo” was great both nights, but Bono really took it up another notch on Monday. Absolutely incredible. “People Get Ready” with Bruce Springsteen was the obvious highlight of the entire two night run, and the crowd reaction was priceless.

Photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68244909@N00/sets/1166436/

October 17th show

Went to the show on the 16th and 17th...both were amazing but the 17th really rocked. Highlights for me were "I will follow", "Fast Cars" and "People Get Ready" with Bruce Springsteen. I don't even really like Springsteen all that much but it was so effin cool!!!
My seats were 8 rows from side stage which was incredible!! This was my 3rd and last show this tour and I find myself terribly depressed that it is over for me.
I can never get enough of U2 so I might try to catch a show in November but my hubby might divorce me if I spend any more money on U2 this year...just kidding of course.

Back
Top Bottom