US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really eager to see if one of my African American friends is thankful for all of the skills his great great grandfather learned while being a slave.

Classified docs case set for May 2024. Meaning that if Trump were to actually win the nomination, he'll most likely have 4 different trials occurring at once. He'll be sentenced to prison prior to the election. He's not raising nearly enough money compared to Biden.

He's a lower who is completely fucked politically and personally.

It’s nice to see people going to the movies.

It’s also nice to see the, despite how wildly upset the usual right wingers were at “woke” “trans groomer” Barbie, it did well.

Greta is a very talented director.

I'm assuming he's slyly including it here due to Sound of Freedom.

You know, to try and instigate things.

The 'Barbie' movie is a story in a lot of ways, that's all. Irvine spoke to it.

I'd like to see 'Dead Reckoning Part One' for sure, before any of the other movies out this summer.

Nice to know where you're coming from, though, phanan :)

US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

If people want to upset themselves by watching a movie funded and acted by Qanoners and noted liars so they can pretend that seeing a movie is actually doing something about sex trafficking, they’re welcome to.

The vast, vast majority of children who are abused will be abused by a relative or close family friend (not drag queens tho). But that’s not a good conspiracy whereas some shadowy world of “elites” trafficking children is, and if you criticize our movie, we’ll, that’s something only a pedo would do. So let’s politicize one of the worst imaginable things so we can use it to continue to hate the other side.

All I’ve seen is Indiana Jones. It was … meh. I’ll probably see Oppenheimer. But I am interested in how Barbie is apparently an interrogation of what it might mean to possess a subjectivity unshaped by the gender binary.

Last edited:
The 'Barbie' movie is a story in a lot of ways, that's all. Irvine spoke to it.

I'd like to see 'Dead Reckoning Part One' for sure, before any of the other movies out this summer.

Nice to know where you're coming from, though, phanan :)
I'm sure you won't mind the post being moved to the entertainment section then

Since you're not trying to make a subtle qanon reference and all

the movie post, as it's not political, was moved to it's own thread in the entertainment section. i'll leave the rest of the posts (unless you'd like me to move them) - but let's please keep discussion of movies and box office tally's to the entertainment forums, ok?

political discussions about movies are, of course, fine.

but the poster denies that was his intent. so it's now in its rightful place.

Last edited:
Make America Florida seems like it’s only going to appeal to a very small segment of the GOP base.

I think DeSantis has this wrong. He won re-election because Florida liked his COVID policies. Many of us didnt, but Florida being a tourism state wanted to open up quickly, which DeSantis did. He also focused on vaccinating old people, a good thing, and then he cooked the books, a bad thing but good for his campaign.

He did not win by 20 points because of his fascistic use of state power to attempt to crush corporations (Disney, BudLight) who displease him because they refuse to kick trans kids or run gay families out of the state. There “Make America Hungary” crowd loves this, but there aren’t that many of them. He has swung too far to the right on social issues, and this will haunt him if for some reason he is the nominee.

He’s also weird and extremely easy to dislike. He has no sense of humor, and no memorable lines. Trump is a horror, but he was at least funny in 2016.

Make America Florida seems like it’s only going to appeal to a very small segment of the GOP base.

I think DeSantis has this wrong. He won re-election because Florida liked his COVID policies. Many of us didnt, but Florida being a tourism state wanted to open up quickly, which DeSantis did. He also focused on vaccinating old people, a good thing, and then he cooked the books, a bad thing but good for his campaign.

He did not win by 20 points because of his fascistic use of state power to attempt to crush corporations (Disney, BudLight) who displease him because they refuse to kick trans kids or run gay families out of the state. There “Make America Hungary” crowd loves this, but there aren’t that many of them. He has swung too far to the right on social issues, and this will haunt him if for some reason he is the nominee.

He’s also weird and extremely easy to dislike. He has no sense of humor, and no memorable lines. Trump is a horror, but he was at least funny in 2016.

One of the most uncomfortable conversations to have is the Republicans who hate Trump (and will refuse to vote for him). I have a couple of really good friends who have always been Republican but thankfully never went down the MAGA route. They are clearly in a tough place. They hate Biden, can't bring themselves to vote Democrat but aren't really happy with any of the Republican nominees. They did say that if someone other than Trump wins the nomination, that they will vote for that candidate....which is why we should still cheer for Trump to win the nomination.

The worst thing he did once he announced his candidacy was open his mouth.
He's a humorless cardboard cut out of a man.
But beware cause his barber knows something most of us don't.

Screen-Shot-2016-02-16-at-9.08.22-AM.jpg

Should we maybe try to do something about the climate....sooner???

Back
Top Bottom