US Politics XXXVII: hiiiii Kevin, I’m your biggest fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The New Republic
June 28, 2023

Ron DeSantis is taking his idiotic “war on woke” to new, extremist levels.

On Wednesday, the Florida governor and Republican presidential candidate went on Fox News and vowed to eliminate the U.S. Department of Education—or if he can’t, use it to go after “woke ideology.”

DeSantis also vowed to eliminate the Department of Commerce, the Department of Energy, and the IRS in order “to reduce the size and scope of government.”

DeSantis said that if Congress doesn’t help him abolish the agencies, then he would use them to “push back against woke ideology and against the leftism that we see creeping into all institutions of American life.”

“So for example, with the Department of Education, we reverse all the transgender sports stuff,” he continued. “We reverse policies trying to inject the curriculum into our schools. That will all be gone. We will make sure we have an accreditation system for higher ed, which is now trying to foment more things like DEI and CRT. So we’ll be prepared to do both. Either way, it will be a win for conservatives.”

So we hung a Pride Flag on our mini flag pole for Pride month and I got this thrown in my driveway today. 20230628_170650.jpg

The New Republic
June 28, 2023

Ron DeSantis is taking his idiotic “war on woke” to new, extremist levels.

On Wednesday, the Florida governor and Republican presidential candidate went on Fox News and vowed to eliminate the U.S. Department of Education—or if he can’t, use it to go after “woke ideology.”

DeSantis also vowed to eliminate the Department of Commerce, the Department of Energy, and the IRS in order “to reduce the size and scope of government.”

DeSantis said that if Congress doesn’t help him abolish the agencies, then he would use them to “push back against woke ideology and against the leftism that we see creeping into all institutions of American life.”

“So for example, with the Department of Education, we reverse all the transgender sports stuff,” he continued. “We reverse policies trying to inject the curriculum into our schools. That will all be gone. We will make sure we have an accreditation system for higher ed, which is now trying to foment more things like DEI and CRT. So we’ll be prepared to do both. Either way, it will be a win for conservatives.”

The guy was a viable candidate to possibly win the Republican nomination...until he opened his mouth.
Talk about a swift fall, he's heading into Giuliani territory.

I'm pretty sure it's the same neighbor that called the cops on is because our dog was barking a marginal amount in the afternoon. This guy might end up with poop in his mailbox in the near future!

The guy was a viable candidate to possibly win the Republican nomination...until he opened his mouth.

Talk about a swift fall, he's heading into Giuliani territory.
giphy.gif

In all honesty this is all desantis has... his anti woke crusade. It's all the GOP has anymore.

There's nothing left. Truly. Wokeness and guns. That's it.

Moderate Republicans are now all Democrats and/or democratic leaning independents. All that's left is MAGA. Everyone else has been marginalized.

Hell - when was the last time you even saw anything of substance from McConnell? Who isn't a moderate but at the very least isn't a MAGA... and because of that he's a complete non entity.

This is who they are now. The inmates have taken over.

In all honesty this is all desantis has... his anti woke crusade. It's all the GOP has anymore.

There's nothing left. Truly. Wokeness and guns. That's it.

Moderate Republicans are now all Democrats and/or democratic leaning independents. All that's left is MAGA. Everyone else has been marginalized.

Hell - when was the last time you even saw anything of substance from McConnell? Who isn't a moderate but at the very least isn't a MAGA... and because of that he's a complete non entity.

This is who they are now. The inmates have taken over.
For sure. I have a couple friends that are Republican. I love them dearly, but occasionally the topic comes up. I asked one of them last week what their big issues are going into the 2024 election was and they literally said that they need to stop grooming and trans people from taking over the country. Then I explained to them that they only think that way because the GOP used polling data to determine that this was the issue that sounds fire up their base more than anything, so the Right has been using this as their latest and greatest boogieman. Then I brought up several examples of the GOP doing the same thing in previous election cycles.

They immediately moved onto Hunter Biden.

The election will come down to a handful of states…again.

Amazing that the balance of country, civil rights, etc is up to a few thousand people.

Wisconsin
Nevada
Arizona
Georgia

Could probably add Pennsylvania but seems like they’ve been leaning blue more than not.

I think the key is going to be a 3rd party like in 2016. If we get a No Labels or RFK Jnr competing in those states, Trump could thread the needle again.

Amazing that the balance of country, civil rights, etc is up to a few thousand people.

Wisconsin
Nevada
Arizona
Georgia

Could probably add Pennsylvania but seems like they’ve been leaning blue more than not.

I think the key is going to be a 3rd party like in 2016. If we get a No Labels or RFK Jnr competing in those states, Trump could thread the needle again.
I could be wrong but I think GOP nominee would have to win all of those states AND PA.

Oh I guess they could win if they took Wisconsin, AZ, and GA.

This is why we need Trump to win the nomination.

Wisconsin
Nevada
Arizona
Georgia

It's nice to know I'm not the only one on here that gets it. Anyone who WANTS Trump to be the GOP nominee is INSANE to me. He could EASILY WIN.

Such a challenging subject. In a perfect world, that decision is 100% correct. But it’s not a perfect world. The point of affirmative action in my opinion isn’t some liberal statement on diversity, it’s to remedy the socioeconomic problem leftover from slavery/segregation.

I’d love to get to a point where classifying anyone by race for admission into college were illegal, but only after you can’t statistically discern a socioeconomic difference between races (though I guess we have no choice with this decision).

I thought they sold their house there, obviously not. Very scary

WASHINGTON (AP) — A man armed with explosive materials and weapons, and wanted for crimes related to the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, was arrested Thursday in the Washington neighborhood where former President Barack Obama lives, law enforcement officials said.

Taylor Taranto, 37, was spotted by law enforcement a few blocks from the former president's home and fled, though he was chased by U.S. Secret Service agents. Taranto has an open warrant on charges related to the insurrection, two law enforcement officials said. The officials were not authorized to speak publicly about an ongoing case and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one on here that gets it. Anyone who WANTS Trump to be the GOP nominee is INSANE to me. He could EASILY WIN.
But once you actually take a step and look at what's really happened in the last 3 elections as well as ignoring the doomsday pundits that are trying to sell you on the worst case scenario, you realize that a Trump nomination would destroy the GOP and be really hilarious to see that whole party burn.

I thought they sold their house there, obviously not. Very scary

WASHINGTON (AP) — A man armed with explosive materials and weapons, and wanted for crimes related to the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, was arrested Thursday in the Washington neighborhood where former President Barack Obama lives, law enforcement officials said.

Taylor Taranto, 37, was spotted by law enforcement a few blocks from the former president's home and fled, though he was chased by U.S. Secret Service agents. Taranto has an open warrant on charges related to the insurrection, two law enforcement officials said. The officials were not authorized to speak publicly about an ongoing case and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

ya know - i drove down Mass Ave past the Kalorama neighborhood and noticed secret service out and heavily armed blocking streets. because of all the embassies in the area i didn't think anything of it.

So here comes the flood of shit from SCOTUS. I guess any place can deny service from gay and trans people now.

of course MSNBC asks the burning question about blocking student loan forgiveness - "Will young voters blame Biden or the court for this come 2024?" :huh:

Yes I know the Supreme Court has always been political but the political divide now seems like an entirely different level
Donnie did his job in that area, well he managed to follow the instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom