US Politics XXXVII: hiiiii Kevin, I’m your biggest fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure exactly what’s going on in Russia, but I’m damn sure Hunter Biden is involved.

What lengths won’t Joe go to protect his son!!?!?

Hmm I don’t know about that. At first glance it may seem like “if Putin is for this, the rebels are for that.”

I fear you’re swapping one Poutine for another here. I think the best we can hope for is regions declare independence.

https://twitter.com/grndmstrfesxh/status/1672538783445663749

I hope he got to finish before this stupid thing was over. I was hoping for this to continue for a while. The entire Russian southern command was taken out of operation, so the already poor coordination of Russian troops must have been in complete disarray.

But now Lukashenka saved Putin's ass (for the moment) by being the great mediator? Fiction writers really can retire after all this.

Marge never lets us down

Newsweek.com

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Georgia Republican, suggested on Sunday that she may be getting spied on through her television after it "turned on by itself."

"Last night in my DC residence, the television turned on by itself and the screen showed someone's laptop trying to connect to the TV," the GOP lawmaker wrote on Twitter.

She continued: "Just for the record: I'm very happy. I'm also very healthy and eat well and exercise a lot. I don't smoke and never have. I don't take any medications. I am not vaccinated. So I'm not concerned about blood clots, heart conditions, strokes, or anything else. Nor do I have anything to hide. I just love my country and the people and know how much they've been screwed over by the corrupt people in our government and I'm not willing to be quiet about it, or willing to go along with it."

Greene later posted a link to an article from CBS News called, "Your Smart TV May Be Spying on You, FBI Warns" to back up her claim.

drugs-are-bad-mkay.gif

What's even worse is that he is not some wacko lone wolf

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/quick-takes/2023/06/27/liberty-university-spokesperson-invokes-hitler#:~:text=If%20you%20don%27t%20control,knew%20that%2C%20Hitler%20knew%20that.

Education really is evangelism. If you don’t control education, you cannot control the future—Stalin knew that, Mao knew that, Hitler knew that. We have to get that back for conservative values,” Helfenbein said in a video posted by The Tennessee Holler, a left-leaning organization.

The exact 3 other figures Trump wants carved in alongside him in Mount Rushmore to replace the old less important Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt.

What's even worse is that he is not some wacko lone wolf

https://www.insidehighered.com/news...you don't control,knew that, Hitler knew that.

Education really is evangelism. If you don’t control education, you cannot control the future—Stalin knew that, Mao knew that, Hitler knew that. We have to get that back for conservative values,” Helfenbein said in a video posted by The Tennessee Holler, a left-leaning organization.

The irony of using the word “liberty” so liberally here in the context of controlling the way people think.

Daily Beast

. In an excerpt of Blowback: A Warning to Save Democracy from the Next Trump, obtained by Newsweek, Miles Taylor wrote that “aides said [Trump] talked about Ivanka Trump’s breasts, her backside, and what it might be like to have sex with her.” He claimed Trump’s chief of staff at the time, John Kelly, had “to remind the president that Ivanka was his daughter” and retold the story to Taylor with “visible disgust.” It does not, however, appear that Taylor was in the room himself to witness the comments

He famously said "If she weren't my daughter, I'd date her" years ago. There are countless pictures of her on his lap and in other poses as a preteen and teen that look incredibly inappropriate, so this is a very believable story.

"I could fuck my own daughter in the middle of 5th Avenue and people would still vote for me!"

Believable story but to me that sounds like an extension of the truth through purposeful ignorance. I hiiiiiighly doubt Trump literally said he wonders what it’s like to have sex with his own daughter. Probably something more convoluted, even if still inappropriate.

He's a narcissistic misogynist who definitely seems to believe that he can say and do whatever he wants with no consequences. He also has a past history of inappropriate comments about his own daughter. He's a revolting pig.

He actually countersued E Jean Carroll today

The New Republic

Breaking news from Washington and beyond

June 28, 2023

Donald Trump Fantasized About Having Sex With Ivanka, New Book Says

Donald Trump regularly made lewd comments about his daughter Ivanka and fantasized about what it would be like to have sex with her, according to a former Trump administration official.

Trump’s comments were part of a general culture of misogyny and sexism in the White House during his administration, Miles Taylor details in his upcoming book, Blowback: A Warning to Save Democracy From the Next Trump, which was first reported on by Newsweek on Wednesday.

“Aides said he talked about Ivanka Trump’s breasts, her backside, and what it might be like to have sex with her, remarks that once led [former Chief of Staff] John Kelly to remind the president that Ivanka was his daughter,” Taylor, who served as a Department of Homeland Security chief of staff under Trump, wrote in his book.

“Afterward, Kelly retold that story to me in visible disgust,” Taylor writes. “Trump, he said, was ‘a very, very evil man.’”

Taylor was the author of an anonymous (and infamous) 2018 New York Times op-ed claiming several Trump staffers were part of a “resistance” to stop the president from within his own administration. Taylor said in 2020 that he would be voting for Joe Biden for president, and he officially quit the Republican Party last year.

Taylor’s allegations should not come as a huge shock, given the other disturbing things Trump has publicly said about his daughter.

In 2004, he told radio host Howard Stern that it was perfectly fine to refer to Ivanka as “a piece of ass.”

In 2006, Trump engaged in another conversation with the radio host about the size of Ivanka’s breasts. “She’s actually always been very voluptuous,” Trump said, telling Stern that she had not gotten breast implants. “She’s tall, she’s almost six feet tall and she’s been, she’s an amazing beauty.”

That same year, in an interview on The View, Trump was asked what he would do if Ivanka posed for Playboy.

“I don’t think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure,” Trump replied. “I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.

“Isn’t that terrible? How terrible? Is that terrible?”

In 2013, Trump made yet another disgusting comment about his daughter on the Wendy Williams Show. When asked what the two have in common, Trump replied, “Well, I was going to say sex, but I can’t relate that to her.”

In 1997—when Ivanka was just 16 years old and hosting the Miss Teen USA pageant—Trump reportedly asked the then Miss Universe, “Don’t you think my daughter is hot?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom