U2 in Vegas - Tips for booking hotels, flights and other Vegasy type things.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Should have checked this thread first. (I might be out of practice here.)

Can you walk easily to THE Sphere from here? When I do go to Vegas, we avoid these areas if at all possible, so my knowledge of Vegas geography isn't what it should be.

I already replied in the other thread, but I followed Headache's advice and wound up in a jail cell violated by a number of drunk miscreants had no problems parking for free at Treasure Island whatsoever, with an easy walk to the Venetian.

Thank you, Headache!

the last time i was in vegas we stayed at the flamingo for 3 days. as soon as we left the room after check-in, i put $20 on red and it came up black. that was all of the gambling i did that whole vacation.

the last time i was in vegas we stayed at the flamingo for 3 days. as soon as we left the room after check-in, i put $20 on red and it came up black. that was all of the gambling i did that whole vacation.

f17f5b86-1da0-4b94-b237-385a2fb87ac9_text.gif

I did a solid 2-3 hours of coasting blackjack waiting for everyone to count my cards for me and tell me what I had. Great strategy. Then proceeded to get $12 revoked at video poker. Left as up lucky number $11.

I looked at a lot of slot machines and tables as I was walking by to get somewhere...
Two more trips/opportunities though. I wish all the free gambling you can "buy" on the myVegas games didn't require a 2-3 night stay at that property, or I'd be on a spree.

Just booked two nights at The Mirage for me and brother. Figure it will be a close walk to the sphere and it was like $450 less/night than the Venetian.

The last time I was at The Mirage I watched the 2003 AFC champ game (Manning/Brady) from the sports book, so yeah it's been awhile. I don't think Venetian was even there then. Planning to do a few Week 13 parlays while I'm there this time. Was hoping to catch a Raiders game too, but they're on a bye that weekend.

Randomly checking flights this morning, if you're in MSP and want to go to the 10/25 show and don't mind a red-eye back on the 26th, Sun Country for $112 round trip. O_O

What’s a good spot to just hang out and gawk at the exterior of the Sphere?

E. Westchester Drive was pretty good and allows for better pictures than Sands Avenue. I woke up early Sunday and headed over to get probably too many pictures.

Attachments

• 4F576B15-A387-471E-BD20-D055DF6233E7.jpg
    4F576B15-A387-471E-BD20-D055DF6233E7.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 25
Just wanted to get some updated info on the monorail...

Is the Sphere stop there yet?
Can you walk up and get a monorail ticket?
Is it absolutely packed after shows? Packed all the time?

Just wanted to get some updated info on the monorail...

Is the Sphere stop there yet?
Can you walk up and get a monorail ticket?
Is it absolutely packed after shows? Packed all the time?

Was just at the show last night and we used the Monorail (staying at Signature).
There is no Sphere stop, closest is Harrahs.

Yes you can walk up and get a ticket, but you can buy on your phone and save 50 cents per tic.

Exiting Sphere was insane. Too many people bottlenecking into a hallway. We diverted to the sidewalk for fresh air, but then went on a shady walk to find the monorail. Ended up under the High Roller with no idea how to get up to the station. We finally got help but it was a confusing walk through the underbelly. And I consider myself a somewhat seasoned Vegas veteran. If you can, it would probably be best to walk back to Venetian through the skyways and then next door to Harrahs via well-marked indoor paths. Maybe stay back a bit to let the crowds thin out—usually that doesn’t bother me but my senses were all screwed up after the show and I couldn’t handle it.

Have fun!

The decision we're trying to make is monorail vs. renting a car. We have two hotel options, and both are too far away to walk to the sphere. Thank you all for the info.

Back
Top Bottom