Random Music Talk CXXXI: Interference Finally Gets Its Revenge on Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seconding the Seattle recommendation. From everything I've heard, you'll want more time there.

Anyone heard the new Rolling Stones Lady Gaga song Sweet Sounds Of Heaven?

I like it. And yes I know what they do to voices on recordings but holy crap Mick sounds good. Love Gaga on the song too

I saw Slowdive tonight. One of those bands I never thought I'd see live in person, they could not have sounded better. Perfect show.

Very cool, mofo. One of my yoga students asked if I'd heard of Slowdive, and I said yeah, I had checked them out...years ago based on your recommendation! Glad you enjoyed the show!

Joyful and I saw The Darkness last night. So, so good and really fun.

Nice mofo, I figured you'd be there.

I only found about the show like two days earlier or I may have tried to make it.
How was Drab Majesty? They've been one of my favorites since bono212 mentioned them on here a few years ago. I think Dot in the Sky is my most listened to song of the last few years.

Joyful and I saw The Darkness last night. So, so good and really fun.

It was so great to see you again, and to hear one of my favorite debut rock records in its entirety. A fantastic show. I'm still laughing at Justin Hawkins' antics and historical digressions.

It was so great to see you again, and to hear one of my favorite debut rock records in its entirety. A fantastic show. I'm still laughing at Justin Hawkins' antics and historical digressions.

I'm so glad we could catch up, enjoy some pizza, and see such a fun show. :love:

Anyone who reads this - where do you live? I'd love to try and meet some of you if I can.
I am actually going to try to go to Phoenix to catch up with some friends I met at Coachella in 2014!
I promise - I'm a lot cooler and enjoyable to be around in real life than I am on here ;)

Anyone who reads this - where do you live? I'd love to try and meet some of you if I can.
I am actually going to try to go to Phoenix to catch up with some friends I met at Coachella in 2014!
I promise - I'm a lot cooler and enjoyable to be around in real life than I am on here ;)

I’m in New York City. I’d be happy to meet up if you’re ever in my neck of the woods. That goes for anyone still in this forum too.

Thank you, but I'm staying east this time. I actually have very little desire to return to the States as I've already been three times and there's so many other places I'd like to go, but when incredibly rich and old rock megastars decide to play your favourite album in full you're left with little other choice.

giphy.webp

I live in Phoenix. I don't know your Coachella friends, but if y'all are going out for a beer, I'd be happy to join.

And for what it's worth, I've lived in the US my whole life and still haven't seen it all. The state of Arizona alone is full of incredible places to visit. Hope you get to see some new stuff this trip, in addition to U2.

I live in Phoenix. I don't know your Coachella friends, but if y'all are going out for a beer, I'd be happy to join.

And for what it's worth, I've lived in the US my whole life and still haven't seen it all. The state of Arizona alone is full of incredible places to visit. Hope you get to see some new stuff this trip, in addition to U2.

Funnily enough, I’m in Phoenix right now. (Though I think it’s technically Mesa?) After Sunday’s Sphere show, I opted to see the Grand Canyon for the first time and fly out of Phoenix tomorrow morning. Found myself a bar called Boulders on Southern to spent my last vacation evening.

Funnily enough, I’m in Phoenix right now. (Though I think it’s technically Mesa?) After Sunday’s Sphere show, I opted to see the Grand Canyon for the first time and fly out of Phoenix tomorrow morning. Found myself a bar called Boulders on Southern to spent my last vacation evening.

Hope you found the Grand Canyon impressive and enjoyed your time in Mesa - safe travels!

PAGING U2INUTAH AND U2POPMOFO AGAIN

Y'all got mobile numbers or Whatsapp numbers or Instagrams or Facebooks I can contact you on? Super excited for the basketball and to meet up next week!

I believe their respective mobile numbers are 1-800-fuckdelly and 1-877-Fostersrules.

Close. 1-900

PAGING U2INUTAH AND U2POPMOFO AGAIN

Y'all got mobile numbers or Whatsapp numbers or Instagrams or Facebooks I can contact you on? Super excited for the basketball and to meet up next week!

We have none of those in Utah. In fact we still communicate over long distances by pony express.

Pretty brutal review of the new Stones record in Pitchfork. I don't have an interest in it but I did like that Sweet Sounds of Heaven song, and Tell Me Straight is really good, listened after it got the rare positive mention in the review.

I haven't listened yet, but looking at Metacritic, Pitchfork appears to be the outlier thus far, which is not surprising. Am I expecting something on the level as Some Girls? Of course not, but it seems to be more than holding it's own compared to everything else they've done since then.

Back
Top Bottom