Mlb 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shit, I thought the NL pants were black. Lol! The AL uniforms were definitely better. Good game too. They should go back to the winning league getting home field advantage in the World Series. I liked that gimmick. :wink:

Sure, go to Boston after work with the kids. It'll be fun.

A 3 hour delay and an hour 5 feet from the gate at Logan because it's lightening so bad they can't tow us the rest of the way and the lovely 4 pm game for the kids is now 7 pm because MLB doesn't give a shit about the fans later...

Hey, maybe we should have stayed home

That's what you get for marrying a Red Sox fan.
I assume whoever's team loses the series is on dish duty all next week.

At least you didn't have tix for Friday night.

AS_FENWAY-RAIN_COMP-4-1.jpg

And the rest of the weekend should be quite nice here.

Happy to see Fred McGriff inducted into the Hall of Fame a few days ago. A blast from the past for me, with bunny ear access to CBC in Maine and then TBS on limited basic cable during the Braves years. Congrats to Scott Rolen, too, but McGriff gets my full endorsement.

hold the phone - the astros gave us their #1 and #4 prospects for the corpse of justin verlander?

oh let's go!

Scherzer was told it’s a rebuild with an eye toward ‘25/‘26.

Curious what the vibe will be at the Big Sexy retirement; anyone showing up to see this Mets team in the back half of September is going to have thoughts.

Scherzer was told it’s a rebuild with an eye toward ‘25/‘26.

Curious what the vibe will be at the Big Sexy retirement; anyone showing up to see this Mets team in the back half of September is going to have thoughts.
Yeaaaa I'm curious on that one, whether that's the full truth or just something they told Max, or Max's spin.

They made no serious overtures to trade any of the actual core of the team - Alonso, Nimmo, McNeil, etc.

Only guys they dumped are old pitchers with big money and soon to be free agents.

I have zero doubt they will try to get Ohtani this off-season. And maybe that's the linchpin. If they're successful? Go get a few more pieces and try to win in 24. If they're not? Let the kids play with an eye towards the 2025 free agent class (hi Juan Soto).

Either way - they managed to stock their farm system with a slew of top 50 prospects in relatively short order, and mostly through giving up aging, underperforming and over paid arms.

I've been critical of Epler but he did a great job here.

Either way - they managed to stock their farm system with a slew of top 50 prospects in relatively short order, and mostly through giving up aging, underperforming and over paid arms.

I've been critical of Epler but he did a great job here.

This is the core thing, and I’ll suck up a middling ‘24 where the young guys are getting experience if the pipeline maintenance is legitimate. Cohen needs to message accordingly, though.

These giveaways are designed and ordered sometimes a year in advance, and scheduled months in advance -and there are some nightmare marketing stories when giveaway nights go bad... but they typically involve the player being traded or something like that.

This... holy fuck what awful timing

View attachment 13886

Holy shit! That is some fucked up shit!

This season has been a shit sandwich for the Yankees, but hey, Aaron Judge hit 3 HR's in a game for the first time. His freak toe injury in LA derailed what could have been another MVP caliber season. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom