PGP: *ahem*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4s. It's all I really needed. I know you and arw recently got new ones, was it 5's you got?
The only thing I wish I could learn to do is get longer ring tones. I like using my songs for them. I know there's a way but they all seem to involve downloading software or something.

I got the 5. It was a birthday present and I saved up my money. I'll have to look on my phone, but I can make my own. You record a snippet of a song from your library. Then connect to iTunes and save it. I did it when I get the phone. My ringtone is Jimmy Fallon and Carley Rae Jepson - don't judge it was Grace's fave song. I wanted to make a Christmas one. Maybe 'Baby Please Come Home'. If I do it later, I will post how I did it.

I got the 5. It was a birthday present and I saved up my money. I'll have to look on my phone, but I can make my own. You record a snippet of a song from your library. Then connect to iTunes and save it. I did it when I get the phone. My ringtone is Jimmy Fallon and Carley Rae Jepson - don't judge it was Grace's fave song. I wanted to make a Christmas one. Maybe 'Baby Please Come Home'. If I do it later, I will post how I did it.

Oooh the 5. What's your main advantage with the 5? (We still have time to change our minds. :shifty:)

I do know how to make snippets of songs and convert them to tones. i did it with a few sound snippets i had, but I'm also a dork that used to have entire songs for ringtones on my Blackberry. :reject: I don't really NEED the entire song, but even 60 seconds would be better than 30. Thing is I know there is a way to do it, but so far I only see complicated looking instructions with software downloads. Ug.

Just cut the songs with Audacity, save as MP3(need lib3lame plugin but you can download that on the site with the program). Your phone plays mp3s.

Just cut the songs with Audacity, save as MP3(need lib3lame plugin but you can download that on the site with the program). Your phone plays mp3s.

Not as ringtones though. Iphone ringtones are m4r's. It's the only lame thing I've found on the iphone so far. I mean my Blackberry played mp3's for ringtones. How much simpler can you ask? Fail on iphone for that.

I can easily cut songs and change them to m4r's in itunes too, but what I'm trying to accomplish here is not cutting them and having the iphone recognize a longer file size as a ring tone.

OOH ok, I saw that method on another site but their instructions were so complicated I got discouraged. This explains it a bit better so I will try it. It is however still complicated and a pain in the ass. So yeah I still think APPLE fails for this. But I love everything else about the phone enough to get over it. If this works, i will be beyond happy. (Just a little annoyed that it's a pain in the ass to do.)

I have the simplest HTC there is (Wildfire S), and have my ringtones by putting the songs on the phone by USB and selectng them. No bullshit with 30 seconds or whatever, just the full song.

Filled my traveling expenses forms so I get money back from goin to surgery, train tickets were supposed to be in there too, but when came back home, train tickets were still on my desk. :ohmy:

Seems I put my shopping list to that envelope and here´s the funny part, it says there with big letters: SEEDS FOR HUMBUGS (word doesnt translate well, but thats the name I´ve given to pheasants)

Some worker is goin to laugh his/her arse off when reads my forms :lol::lol:

ever accidentally "friend" someone on FB that you don't know? OMG! :der: I was looking on a page of a summer camp I grew up going to. The camp is still very much alive but they like to post old pics from way back when. So I was looking at their latest early 1990's edition and saw a comment by a name that I couldn't place. I clicked on his page and we have mutual friends. Instead of clicking on his friends to see who our mutual friends are, I clicked the "request" friends button. I quickly realized what I did and then cancelled but now all of a sudden this guy is trying to friend me. I doubt he remembers me as I was pretty quiet as a kid. Feel really stupid but also so mad that it did indeed show up on his page that I tried to friend him even though I cancelled right away :der: :reject: I don't remember anything about him other than his name. Don't even remember what he looked like back then or who he hung out with at camp. Time to hide in the reject box for a while. This will teach me not to stalk people! :madwife:

no pics from my mancave, ever :D

nymaa.gif

ever accidentally "friend" someone on FB that you don't know? OMG! :der: I was looking on a page of a summer camp I grew up going to. The camp is still very much alive but they like to post old pics from way back when. So I was looking at their latest early 1990's edition and saw a comment by a name that I couldn't place. I clicked on his page and we have mutual friends. Instead of clicking on his friends to see who our mutual friends are, I clicked the "request" friends button. I quickly realized what I did and then cancelled but now all of a sudden this guy is trying to friend me. I doubt he remembers me as I was pretty quiet as a kid. Feel really stupid but also so mad that it did indeed show up on his page that I tried to friend him even though I cancelled right away :der: :reject: I don't remember anything about him other than his name. Don't even remember what he looked like back then or who he hung out with at camp. Time to hide in the reject box for a while. This will teach me not to stalk people! :madwife:

:giggle:

Sorry. But you can come out of your reject box now. I do know what you mean because it sort of reminds me of a similar thing here on Interference, though not as bad I guess. But lots of times I will try to click on a thread and either my cursor gets a glitch or for whatever reason, it will accidentally click on a persons user name. (they're right under the thread title! :madwife:) Anyway, so then you get brought to that persons personal info page. Since Interference keeps track of who has visited your personal page, it makes you look like a stalker checking up on that person. This has happened to me so many times! :angry: So I'm sure there are people here on Interference who probably noticed I visited their personal page and thought I was snooping. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom