NBA 2023-24 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kudos to Neutral Court AD and the Lakers.

Overall I think the tourney was a success, even if I think the Vegas portion was a bit of a let down. And not because the LAKERS won.

The crowds for those quarterfinals games were HYPED. The crowds on Vegas, not so much. The Pelicans clearly went out clubbing the night before. Indiana got hot at the right time but clearly weren't ready for prime time. But that's going to happen in a one and done situation. And a 5 pm Eastern start for the semifinals o a Thursday is stupid.

I think they'll need to expand the pool play to a home and home. That will help make sure the best teams all get in to the elimination round.

They also need to do something about getting fans of the teams that are playing into the building, similar to what the NCAA does for the final four. There was no juice outside of the laker fans who made the easy trip.

And please for the love of all that's holy - no more red courts.

All in all - a huge success for year one.

screen-shot-2019-01-10-at-2.53.12-pm.png

If you want a prime candidate for most underrated player in the NBA, it's Derrick White.

The guy has been very good since being traded here but has taken things to a higher level this year. Could be he's more streamlined with the shaved head (I still miss the hair). More likely it's removing Marcus Smart from the mix and allowing White to flourish in a more expanded role.

How does this affect the commute?

current drive - 29 minutes

future drive - 29 minutes

the one downside would be that there's no easy mass transit option. it's not a huge deal because i drive most of the time anyways - but if i wanted to, Bethesda to Gallery Place-Chinatown, which sits under Capital One - is a straight shot on the red line.

Bethesda to Potomac Yard would require a transfer to the yellow line... and where would i have to transfer? Yep - Gallery Place / Chinatown.

The guy has been very good since being traded here but has taken things to a higher level this year. Could be he's more streamlined with the shaved head (I still miss the hair). More likely it's removing Marcus Smart from the mix and allowing White to flourish in a more expanded role.

Just watched a full game from him last night against the Cavs. He's the type that puts a team over the top for a title. Gritty, smart, takes advantage of his open looks.

On the other hand, if anything will sink Boston, it's the coach. Way, way too enamored with the three.

Last edited:
On the other hand, if anything will sink Boston, it's the coach. Way, way too enamored with the three.

No argument from me on this take.
I feel like the team as constructed is good enough to win (though they should and hopefully will add a depth piece at trade deadline/buyout market). But Crazy Joe Mazzulla is still a big concern for me.

Watching that video made me wonder about qualifications for being an NBA security guard. If a guy like Giannis really wants something, who is going to be able to stop him?

I think this means that Giannis definitely going to the Lakers.

Really though, chippy game overall, I think everyone's blood pressure was high, even after the game. Everyone was channeling their inner Draymond.

fair - but you also had the episode a couple weeks back with Giannis getting into it with the coach.

seems like all is not well in Bucks land - but perhaps Indiana woke up the sleeping giant last week.

fair - but you also had the episode a couple weeks back with Giannis getting into it with the coach.

seems like all is not well in Bucks land - but perhaps Indiana woke up the sleeping giant last week.

Yeah, Bucks are still finding their way on defense for sure. They have no problem scoring at least, but I don't think there's a problem.

I actually know someone who was at the game, front row last night and told me this morning that they have never seen such a heated game. These two teams don't like each other and I guess there was a bunch of shit talking by the Pacers all game about how they beat the Bucks a couple weeks ago. Like baaaaaaaad shit talking, and Giannis decided he wasn't going to have any of it.

Yeah, Bucks are still finding their way on defense for sure. They have no problem scoring at least, but I don't think there's a problem.

I actually know someone who was at the game, front row last night and told me this morning that they have never seen such a heated game. These two teams don't like each other and I guess there was a bunch of shit talking by the Pacers all game about how they beat the Bucks a couple weeks ago. Like baaaaaaaad shit talking, and Giannis decided he wasn't going to have any of it.

they're going to have to do something at the guard position. you can't have Lillard, Middleton and Beasley as your rotation, as neither one of them can keep a road cone in front of them.

they're going to have to find some help there if they truly want to compete with Boston and Philly.

they're going to have to do something at the guard position. you can't have Lillard, Middleton and Beasley as your rotation, as neither one of them can keep a road cone in front of them.

they're going to have to find some help there if they truly want to compete with Boston and Philly.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a trade to help with Defense at some point. Or Middleton will step up. He has played really good defense before, but he's obviously still being eased back from his knee issues.

They might also start playing better via organic growth. New coach, new roster, issues that could be fixed throughout the season too.

Melbourne United are 13-3, by the way. With six consecutive games over 100 points, in a league where scoring is harder and time is shorter.

I know you're trolling, alas...

The Cairns Taipans are 16-7.

The Cairns Taipans lost to the Washington Wizards 145-82. And it wasn't as close as the score.

The Washington Wizards are 4-22.

Back
Top Bottom