Mexico City Setlist Party II: U2 in the (Mexico) City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just cane back from the show! Best show ever. Only thing that could have made it better was full discotheque! Almost crapped myself when Bono started singing and then edge playing the riff. Great to hear OOC, Stay and Zooropa!

Is it just me or does the acoustic set simply not work in the 360/large stadium concept? I love Stay, don't get me wrong, but it just drowns out in the stadium atmosphere. Those elevation versions were just magical indoors!

I wish they'd just keep playing OOC instead of IWF, I'd love to see that again the summer time.

All in all, solid second night. Let's see if they go crazy on the third. New old opener, anyone? :)

Is it just me or does the acoustic set simply not work in the 360/large stadium concept? I love Stay, don't get me wrong, but it just drowns out in the stadium atmosphere. Those elevation versions were just magical indoors!

I wish they'd just keep playing OOC instead of IWF, I'd love to see that again the summer time.

All in all, solid second night. Let's see if they go crazy on the third. New old opener, anyone? :)

So Stay WAS acoustic? I've been trying to find out..

MOFO SNIPPET IN CRAZY??? That makes it THREE POP snippets! Crazy (no pun intended)!!!

It's funny that they associate POP w/ the Crazy remix, as it comes closest in its aura to that album and era. I remember seeing the intro on opening night in Barcelona (w/out knowing about setlists and rehearsals) and until it became clear it's a Crazy remix, I thought they're reworked a POP song. Bummer! :)

Anyway, back to my point: Two to THREE (if you're very generous) snips from POP in one song is alot! Disco, Mofo, Please. Looks like it does ache them a bit to play something off that album, otherwise it's really a massive c***tease.

Listen to 5:08 for the "looking for to save my soul, looking for *skipalotofwords* hole" part. :)

YouTube - U2 I'll Go Crazy Remix / Discothèque, Mexico City 2011-05-14

COME ON GUYS, JUST PLAY IT!!!

Please don't comment on the Mexican/US border Bono. You don't know shit about it. If you want to say something protest the cartels or stick to Africa.

MOFO SNIPPET IN CRAZY??? That makes it THREE POP snippets! Crazy (no pun intended)!!!

It's funny that they associate POP w/ the Crazy remix, as it comes closest in its aura to that album and era. I remember seeing the intro on opening night in Barcelona (w/out knowing about setlists and rehearsals) and until it became clear it's a Crazy remix, I thought they're reworked a POP song. Bummer! :)

Anyway, back to my point: Two to THREE (if you're very generous) snips from POP in one song is alot! Disco, Mofo, Please. Looks like it does ache them a bit to play something off that album, otherwise it's really a massive c***tease.

Listen to 5:08 for the "looking for to save my soul, looking for *skipalotofwords* hole" part. :)

YouTube - U2 I'll Go Crazy Remix / Discothèque, Mexico City 2011-05-14

COME ON GUYS, JUST PLAY IT!!!

He ain't snippiting it. He's yelling save my soul and then some gibberish.

Please don't comment on the Mexican/US border Bono. You don't know shit about it. If you want to say something protest the cartels or stick to Africa.

U2 > News > 'Where's Frank?'

85% of all the murders in Mexico have been committed by guns smuggled across the border from the US. Not hunting rifles, not even pistols, automatic weapons like AK47s. The ban on such weapons was lifted in 2004.

I think that's about four changes away from a perfect Glastonbury setlist.

OUT: Walk On (who cares), Magnificent (who cares), Moment of Surrender (adore it, but Glastonbury needs to end on a big one, not a head scratcher - it would actually be a HUGE mistake to end on this), and Miss Sarajevo (bet he wants to do it for his 'look how big I can sing' moment, but its holding something more worthy off).

CHANGE: Crazy Tonight. It surely won't work well without the stage-roaming theatrics and claw-club deal. It will just drag, and be both a bit weird and a bit lame. Don't need to ditch it completely, just re-work it a bit. Shorten it so you hit that payoff earlier, and then give it this medley treatment properly, cut to a proper, full band, jumped up Discotheque. Winner.

I'm sure they'll mix up the Glastonbury Set a bit! Since they don't have the 360 Setup, they'll be more flexible. I'm somewhat sure they'll break up the Vertigo/Crazy thing for instance and I agree that a big bang like Vertigo would be great to end the show.

I'm sure Glastonbury will be an amazing experience for both the band, and us!

Yeah, the running order will be slightly different. I bet Vertigo is one of the first few songs. Right up the front. The end, not a bang like Vertigo, but some big "everyone knows every word" singalong thing. That's what Glastonbury is all about. Can only be one of either One or With or Without You really, or maybe even All I Want is You. Sounds cheesy, but that's the way it is.

nothing acoustic works in the 360 format

i'm looking at you too stay and stuck in a moment

i have 4 chances to see them play out of control, i want to hear that more than i want to hear zooropa

nothing acoustic works in the 360 format

i'm looking at you too stay and stuck in a moment

i have 4 chances to see them play out of control, i want to hear that more than i want to hear zooropa

I would largely agree that most acoustic songs are boring, but that performance of Stay was awesome, and it seems like the crowd loved it too.

Stay would be much better full band, but it's such a great song, I'll take it any way I can get it!!

And think of it like this, it's holding Stuck and IALW out of the set list!

Fine by me!!

That full band Desire was amazing to hear, but that acoustic version of Stay was epic. Sure I would love to hear a full band version, but that was just awesome. I wouldn't mind at all the above mentioned at my show. Better than Stuck and IALW by a million miles.

Two great Mexico City-shows so far from the looks of it. Bono's voice has been just amazing from the clips I've seen. Just listen to 3:29-4:09 for example in Stay. Powerful, flawless and absolutely beautiful. :applaud:

I'm absolutely stoked for Glastonbury. It's so close, yet so far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom