MERGED --> Gluey, Slopsy & Effanbee met LARRY!!! + Auckland non-show pics + But wait

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't see how you can fail French with what you wrote about!! And maths....well....hey, shit happens!! YOU GOT AN EDGIE KISS!! That wins, hands down!!!

^ OMG.....I'm so jealous!!!! Congratulations guys.....if i had a pic with Larry in it.....there would be no sign of me...'cause i would have fainted and fallen on the floor next to him!!! I also got awsomely close to Adam and Bono at Sydney iii show....It's really quite a surreal feeling is'nt it.....but meeting them:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Woohoo!! We're having a reunion at the Larry Tree on Monday!!! Wow...If you don't hear from us again, you'll know we're 3 puddles of mush on the footpath because of the memories that come flooding back!!!

OMG Slopsy!! That's you squealing, screaming and calling Edgieeee isn't it!!! OMG!! You even made me hyperventilate!!!! OMG!!! HAHAHAA BRILLIANT!!

:faint: OH MY GOD!!! All those squeals and cries of EDGIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!! All the way through that video? That's all me!!! And in the bit where it sounds like I'm dying? That's just after Edgie winked at me!! You can sort of see it in that video!! OMg that is so awesome! :hyper:

Slopsy, that's so awesome :cute: Glad I could find that for you. I knew it was you right away :giggle:

Woohoo!!! Just had a reunion at the Larry Tree!!! We are worried that maybe we should keep its location secret.....The Joshua Tree died....the tree on One Tree Hill was chopped down - can't let anything happen to the Larry Tree!! :giggle:

Great day going over it all again with Effanbee and Slopsy (and Slopsys friend).....I think this could become a regular event!!!

gluey said:

We then thanked him again, very very much for coming over like he did, and then he headed back to the SUV while we walked back to our cars. He drove off with the driver, and we stood and sqealed in the carpark!!!

...and where was Larry going at 12:30 am with everyone else in bed???:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Those are great photos and by your detailed description gluey I really felt like I was there with you (wishful thinking).

Those photos just remind me how much better Larry looks with short hair.:wink: :wink:

Last edited:
gluey said:

He then listened intently as I told him how Bono got to wear the hat, during which song, and how I've waited 13 years for him to sign it. He seemed to think that Bono would love to hear the story and thought it was a good idea!!!!

I'm sorry if I missed it but can you re-tell the hat story. thanks.

U2FloridaFan said:

I'm sorry if I missed it but can you re-tell the hat story. thanks.

:hyper: Ok!!! :hyper: (like I need any encouragement!!!!)

My friend is with the NZ Police and she was doing security at the ZOOTV 1993 concert in Auckland. She was alongside the catwalk bit going out to the B stage. During the last part of Satellite of Love, Bono reached down, picked the hat off her head and wore it while finishing the song. He then handed it back to her. She had to stuff it down the front of her shirt to hide it from all the fans trying to grab it off her!! She knew I am a fan so as soon as a replacement arrived a couple of weeks later, she gave it to me. I've had it for 13 years and never dreamed I'd get to meet him, get it signed AND have him remember it!!!!

I just read this whole thread (my eyes hurt!)... May I add my congratulations! That sounds like an incredible experience! :D

I met Edge and Larry in Melbourne but I lost the capacity for rational thought at some point before they came out, so I think I was robot-Alison when I got their autographs... :(

Alisaura said:
I just read this whole thread (my eyes hurt!)... May I add my congratulations! That sounds like an incredible experience! :D

I met Edge and Larry in Melbourne but I lost the capacity for rational thought at some point before they came out, so I think I was robot-Alison when I got their autographs... :(

umm I can so relate to your situation! I became paralyzed Amy with memory loss when I met Bono and Edge last year in LA. It was pathetic! I swore that I froze up so bad that I didn't have any conversation with them... Put me in deep depression for a week until I talked to my friend who was standing next to me and she said, NO you did talk to them... What an idiot I was... Of course I felt tons better after I talked to her..

Thanks for re-telling the story. I'm sure Bono would enjoy hearing that story again. Maybe Larry'll mention it to him so by the time you meet him, and have him sign it, he'll remember it completely. :)

U2FloridaFan said:
Thanks for re-telling the story. I'm sure Bono would enjoy hearing that story again. Maybe Larry'll mention it to him so by the time you meet him, and have him sign it, he'll remember it completely. :)

:hug: I did meet Bono (that's quite a few pages back!!), he did remember my hat - he stopped dead in his tracks, said "Wow, That is so maaad! I actually remember that happening" (or something to that effect - can't remember exactly unless I go back through the posts!!). That was the most surreal feeling - going from feeling like a mad fan who'll have Bono thinking "What is this woman on!! Hat? I don't remember no hat!!" - to being gobsmacked when his recognition was very obvious!!!

Here's my hat again to save you going back....

KIF_1181.jpg

KIF_1192.jpg

U2Fanatic4ever said:

umm I can so relate to your situation! I became paralyzed Amy with memory loss when I met Bono and Edge last year in LA. It was pathetic! I swore that I froze up so bad that I didn't have any conversation with them... Put me in deep depression for a week until I talked to my friend who was standing next to me and she said, NO you did talk to them... What an idiot I was... Of course I felt tons better after I talked to her..

It's good that you had your friend there as a witness! Unfortunately no one I know was right next to me when I met them, so I have absolutely no idea what I was doing. *L* I don't even think I was smiling... :|

Ok here's the Larry Tree.....it's exact location will remain a mystery after the Joshua Tree died and the other famous tree (One Tree Hill) got chopped down..... :giggle:

P1000418.jpg

Back
Top Bottom