July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis III: Stuck In A Heat Wave You Can't Get Out Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You got anything better? :p I'm not exactly physically intimidating, it's not like I can literally knock them into place.

Ooh, I can hear the bitching about "no other line honored" starting already. :lol:

I'll be very curious to see if that holds true. That's what Soldier Field said as well, and I think (aside from the 6 or so who were there at 6 and therefore at the front of the line- and were then called "line cutters"), they honored the fan line.

Ugh. Effing U2 GA.

I don't understand how the "line cutters" in Chicago even got to that place when the check-in was at 4:30am. ...Unless they were allowed to head for the new location before everyone already in line was lead there? (the line was in three different locations throughout the day)

Ooh, I can hear the bitching about "no other line honored" starting already. :lol:

I'll be very curious to see if that holds true. That's what Soldier Field said as well, and I think (aside from the 6 or so who were there at 6 and therefore at the front of the line- and were then called "line cutters"), they honored the fan line.

Ugh. Effing U2 GA.

The venue folks in Nashville renumbered everyone. Most people were only a handful of numbers off. I think it worked pretty well.

You can tell when I've spent too much time on Interference for the day when I get cranky about shit that has nothing to do with me. :lol:

Please carry on.

Your fearless roving reporter took a walk around the New Brickhouse tonight, and this is what I found. I'll have to just tell you about them, as I'm on my phone.

-In the three weeks since Chicago, I had forgotten just how BIG the claw is.

-The GA area already has the queue barriers in place. It is located between Gates B and C on the NE side of the stadium. There are two concessionaire wagons parked in the middle of the pens.

-Procedure sounds a lot like Chicago for GA.

-Better )A WEAR SUNSCREEN and B) hope for cloud cover. I went by about 7:30, and the shade was just getting to the far end of the field.

Your fearless roving reporter took a walk around the New Brickhouse tonight, and this is what I found. I'll have to just tell you about them, as I'm on my phone.

-In the three weeks since Chicago, I had forgotten just how BIG the claw is.

-The GA area already has the queue barriers in place. It is located between Gates B and C on the NE side of the stadium. There are two concessionaire wagons parked in the middle of the pens.

-Procedure sounds a lot like Chicago for GA.

-Better )A WEAR SUNSCREEN and B) hope for cloud cover. I went by about 7:30, and the shade was just getting to the far end of the field.

cool :up: thanks for the update!

yay for barriers so this will NOT be like Montreal. Good job to all those calling/emailing TCF and security so they know how damn long U2 GA lines get, and so early on. Sounds like they are preparing well

KSTP's news featured the U of M spokesman, Scott Ellison (name?), claiming that there will be free water for fans. We'll see if that works.
Don't be so hopeful. In Dublin, free water meant a tub with 2 hoses feeding into it, and when someone in the pit wanted a drink, security guys dipped a plastic cup in the tub along with their entire arm to scoop out the water. I was a GA virgin there, and didn't buy any water and by the 15th song I was so thirsty I caved and asked them for some of that tub water. :huh: Laura looked at me like I had 2 heads. :lol: Like I said before, the alternative, being thirsty, is just not an option. I ended up being sick after I came back from Dublin, but so did a couple of other people from here (and I know they didn't drink the tub water), so I guess I can't really blame it on that water.

Ah....so it's a female thing. I've been rail on the old tours when I was young. But back then you had to camp out for tix. Then just push your way up front for the show:) And hitting a couple cities was an accomplishment....sans internet. Damn....I'm old.

Yes, yes! Well, and males who appreciate the scenery too. :D That's why I always shake my head when I hear things like, "you *know* what they look like!"

Ooooooooooh. OK.:shifty: It is fun seeing everyone excited. That is why I don't do seats. I did them for the first time in '09 in Chicago. We had a couple junior high noobs with us. There was a lady a couple rows in front who ate 4 hot dogs during the show. And 2 nachos. I was like....did you come to eat or watch the greatest band in the world perform?!?! I guess eating was the answer.

Yeah. I made it to the beautiful city of Detroit for the night. Gotta see some folks in Windsor then head home and prep. Gonna hit the weights....jog.....swim...get my cardio ready for he show. But seriously....i'm going to drink some fine trappist beer when I get home!

Great news on hearing back from TFC and Security.. It defintely sounds a lot like Chicago GA. Hopefully it will go as smoothly....

Road Trip: Chicago to MSP

I still have room in my car if anyone is looking for a ride to MSP. I'm leaving from Mount Prospect, IL (just northeast of O'Hare) at around 11:30am on Friday.. Handolotion is joining on the roadtrip so making a stop in Milwaukee. We plan on heading back on Sunday around 1pm. Send me a PM if interested. I got lots of great bootlegs for the ride and A/C! Whoot Woo. ::applaud:

Ah....so it's a female thing. I've been rail on the old tours when I was young.

There are just as many guys who insist on being on the front rail as well!

I know a few guys who simply must be on the outer rail, but they record the shows with their cameras, so they have a different reason for it. ;)

I can understand the appeal of wanting to actually see the band members' faces, rather than having to watch them on a screen, but I have to admit I am baffled by the people who see many, many, MANY shows and aren't interested in trying the show from a different perspective. Like, you know, see the whole stage and see what the Claw does.

Apologies if I've lumped anyone I know into that group and take it as a criticism, because it really isn't meant as one. I mean, I get it .... but I also don't. :)

Also, most of these people have a much higher tolerance for the whole U2 GA experience than I do, which makes a huge difference. :wink: And I'm short, so I understand the desire to not have anyone in front of you, but I've enjoyed many a show from the back, despite my short-ass ways. So it can be done!

But anyway. To each their own; I just find it a little baffling sometimes. :)

I know a few guys who simply must be on the outer rail, but they record the shows with their cameras, so they have a different reason for it. ;)

Sure they have a different reason.

"Oh look I'm on the rail because I've got a camera and I'm recording the show. That's all, nothing more going on here."

Right. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom