Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
also, quick question. Can you buy the Wheelchair accessible seats if you don't actually need them? I know that is horrible. LOL. But they are pretty damn good seats, front row of the upper section. :)

also, quick question. Can you buy the Wheelchair accessible seats if you don't actually need them? I know that is horrible. LOL. But they are pretty damn good seats, front row of the upper section. :)

i was also wondering that when i saw all the open wheelchair spaces for the tampa show. what's stopping me from buying one and just standing there or sitting on the floor in the best part of the section?

It was without. But here's the thing . . . .

I just went back to check (about an hour later), and the available tickets are about half of what was listed earlier. I've found that this is what happens on Ticketmaster -- available tickets go up . . then down . . then up again. It's weird.

Even with the lower count, if you'll note (at least on my screen) the available seats (rows) for the upper section gets cut off at a certain point -- implying that the rows further up are blocked off for sale at the moment.

This may be the reason for the discrepancy. Sometimes the higher rows are open for sale and other times they are not.

I admit it's a poor hobby. But ever since I repeatedly started checking out available tickets for the 360 St. Louis show I became aware of how seats are sometimes available on Ticketmaster -- sometimes they're there -- then they're not -- then they are again.

I eventually picked up a lower section ticket for the St Louis show, but it was after two weeks of peeking at the site . . . and the ticket I purchased suddenly became available on the same day I purchased it (which was great because I was going to buy on the other side of the stadium not realizing I would have been sitting in the heat with the sun in my eyes for awhile -- I got lucky there).

So the enigma continues . . . .
Or, more likely, sometimes you think you turned off resale when you really didn't.

If they don't sell them by a certain time, they'll probably release them to the general public closer to the show. (I got one of these type of tickets less than a week out from a Bruce show after they removed the accessible requirement on it).

Or, more likely, sometimes you think you turned off resale when you really didn't.

When I click off resale I observe many sections go grey in the stadium, so it appears to work.

Besides, the resale tickets, as you know, are colored red and not blue. So that helps too.

I'm going to see kings of Leon in Cincinnati this summer. Just checked and there are 11,000 lawn tickets still and a few thousand pavilion tickets. The total capacity is 20,000, and they have sold maybe 5-6,000 of those. Yikes...

Did some counting because I'm bored at my in-laws, and just killing time until my wife says we can leave. I'm not some deadbeat husband or anything. It's just her, her mom and her sister talking in the kitchen, my kids and her sisters kids playing, and me... sitting here.

Louisville has 6,226 unsold seats. That's covering the ENTIRE stadium. 1900 floor tickets remain unsold. I imagine they'll sell half of these tickets, and that the stadium will look pretty full by the time people show up.

Pittsburgh has 5,093 unsold seats. But not really. In the upper decks, on the sides, more than half of the tickets haven't even been released for sale yet because they're trying to sell the fronts of those sections first. I only counted one side, and the other side looks similar to it. So I surmise that there are roughly 10,000 unsold tickets for Pittsburgh. 2,623 of those are floor. They NEED to slash these prices if they hope to have a halfway decent crowd there.

Both of these are without the resale tickets. ONLY the blue dots. And then in Pittsburgh what's behind the blue dots that haven't been sold yet. (If they had been sold there would at least be SOME for resale).

Did some counting because I'm bored at my in-laws, and just killing time until my wife says we can leave. I'm not some deadbeat husband or anything. It's just her, her mom and her sister talking in the kitchen, my kids and her sisters kids playing, and me... sitting here.

Louisville has 6,226 unsold seats. That's covering the ENTIRE stadium. 1900 floor tickets remain unsold. I imagine they'll sell half of these tickets, and that the stadium will look pretty full by the time people show up.

Pittsburgh has 5,093 unsold seats. But not really. In the upper decks, on the sides, more than half of the tickets haven't even been released for sale yet because they're trying to sell the fronts of those sections first. I only counted one side, and the other side looks similar to it. So I surmise that there are roughly 10,000 unsold tickets for Pittsburgh. 2,623 of those are floor. They NEED to slash these prices if they hope to have a halfway decent crowd there.

Both of these are without the resale tickets. ONLY the blue dots. And then in Pittsburgh what's behind the blue dots that haven't been sold yet. (If they had been sold there would at least be SOME for resale).

I think they already reduced ticket prices for Pittsburgh. If I remember correctly, the upper level were at least $100 when they first went on sale, maybe more. Now they are all $70.

I don't think lowering prices more is in order, if folks in Pittsburgh don't care to hear the entire Joshua Tree in its entirety then let them spend their money elsewhere. U2 can get past one poor stadium showing if all the others sell out.

I admit it's a poor hobby. But ever since I repeatedly started checking out available tickets for the 360 St. Louis show I became aware of how seats are sometimes available on Ticketmaster -- sometimes they're there -- then they're not -- then they are again.

I've noticed that too when looking up tickets for other acts as well. Sometimes you're looking at one pair, and then it disappears on the next refresh and appears on the one right after. Probably some automated thing through the site or, maybe, people looking up tickets at the same time?

Trollling more rock shows on Ticketmaster today. I saw Incubus, who has Jimmy Eat World and Judah and the Lion playing with them.

I checked a couple random shows.
In Virginia, the place holds 25,500 and they have 16,500 tickets left
In New Jersey, the place holds 17,000 and they have 6300 tickets left
In Cincinatti, the place holds 21,000 and they have 10,000 tickets left.

So U2 having a few thousand seats in a few 50-60k seat stadiums is nothing.

I wanted to check on Metallica, but none of their ticket pages bring up the map with the number of seats left...

Last edited:
Trollling more rock shows on Ticketmaster today. I saw Incubus, who has Jimmy Eat World and Judah and the Lion playing with them.

I checked a couple random shows.
In Virginia, the place holds 25,500 and they have 16,500 tickets left
In New Jersey, the place holds 17,000 and they have 6300 tickets left
In Cincinatti, the place holds 21,000 and they have 10,000 tickets left.

So U2 having a few thousand seats in a few 50-60k seat stadiums is nothing.

You should check out Guns n Roses. There are many stadiums that are less than half full. Popmart like sales, 20,000+ empty seats easily. I'm surprised they allow people to see how many unsold tickets there are.

Just did a little trolling on Guns N' Roses. At Denver's Sports Authority Field (where U2 played to over 70,000 in 2011) GNR have a whopping 33,579 UNSOLD tickets (standard tickets only, not counting resale).

In Miami U2 effortlessly sold out in 1 day (with another nearby show in Tampa, and in a bigger stadium than GNR). GNR have 18,849 standard tickets still available.

My point is that 1) GNR should've done arenas/amphitheaters, and 2) U2 are still probably the biggest live draw still touring today.

The wording in the U2.com email for the Q&A was interesting:

"Catch the band live from the studio...
Answering your questions"

Either teasing people by inferring they may play, or deliberately leaving it open. Perhaps they have been rehearsing early so they can play something for this Q&A?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

U2 is doing better than Incubus and Jimmy Eat World. So I guess they've got that going for them. Which is nice.

So-I-Got-That-Goin-For-Me-Which-Is-Nice.jpg

U2 is doing better than Incubus and Jimmy Eat World. So I guess they've got that going for them. Which is nice.

I think the bigger point is that rock shows in general are in the shitter. So U2 still seems to be defying that gravity. GNR, Kings of Leon, Metallica, and other well known smaller bands are sitting with half sold venues. RHCP are doing well selling arenas, and I'm sure Green Day will sell well. But it's tough out there...

I think the bigger point is that rock shows in general are in the shitter. So U2 still seems to be defying that gravity. GNR, Kings of Leon, Metallica, and other well known smaller bands are sitting with half sold venues. RHCP are doing well selling arenas, and I'm sure Green Day will sell well. But it's tough out there...

Its tough when you don't have new hits and your just relying on nostalgia/band name/the past to sell tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom