Where's the damned new U2 album? Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should all chill a bit on this seems Sillywhite is NOT there to deconstruct an album....

Yep. The biggest concern for me yesterday was his response to the question about the album coming out in 2014, but I wouldn't doubt that he was just having some fun with the fine gentleman who tweeted him.

Overall, I'm still about 60-40 that the album is coming out in 2013. The silence is both intriguing and concerning at the same time.

If their are any Guns N' Roses (Axl Rose) fans on this thread, then I am sure you have a little patience :)

Remember how long it took Axl to complete "Chinese Democracy" ? I think it was about 13 years! He actually spent 6 months installing new tiles to improve the drum sound in his studio. Went through many producers and musicians along the way. He started in on it in late 94. The album should have been released sometime in 98 or 99. Instead, I had to wait till 2008 and by this time I had largely lost interest.

Chinese Democracy was good I thought, although I seem to be in the minority. But, it sounded dated and not current.

I am thankful that Bono & Co don't suffer from bi-polar and rage issues. Therefore 5-6 years for a quality record is fine. I am excited at a new sound with Danger Mouse on board. Hoping Lillywhite doesn't mess around to much.

In the meantime, put on some great early stuff like "Boy" and "October" and take a trip. I did that over the weekend while re-reading "U2 by U2". Great fun and memories.

At Bono's house party for Edge on thursday I hope they get drunk & happy and decide to play some new music, loudly, beach clips 2013?

At Bono's house party for Edge on thursday I hope they get drunk & happy and decide to play some new music, loudly, beach clips 2013?

YEah I hope not either! The beach clips last time sort of ruined it for me! I'll hear the songs in full quality when they come out not the songs full of waves and people talking of them etc.

Beach clips :applaud:

I like you guys that don't trust yourselves not to listen to them even if you don't want to, so you'd rather they just don't exist. :lol:

Overall, I'm still about 60-40 that the album is coming out in 2013.

<------ 99%

You guys want to feel more optimistic? Well, I'll try.

Somewhere around Aug 20th is going to be a big news day. People should just be patient. If we get much beyond the 20th and we haven't heard anything, then...whatever.

But U2 are creatures of habit. I don't know how many times it must be said.
The one upside of this is predictability.

To remind people, once again, the first hard news about ATYCLB and HTDAAB (both fall releases) broke around Aug 20th (19th and 21st, I think).

Additionally, the delay for NLOTH was officially reported on Sept 5th.
The delay on the Chris Thomas album, IIRC, was in the same period.
So this is definitely crunch time. Do we all agree it's 'crunch time' for the album coming out in 2013 or next year? Okay.

Now ask yourself - are they in the studio? Have they been seen by anyone recording anywhere or even with their instruments? Are they even in Dublin? Or are they in their vacation/relaxing spot? Have they been known to have worked with DM any time since the Electric Lady reports or has he moved on to Black Keys or whatever else he's doing? And think about the logistics and common sense of bringing in another producer or scrapping material. Think about Jimmy Iovine saying "I hope so", two months ago when asked if U2 were done. And if they needed someone to come in, Lillywhite has just told you he's not even working with them. Think about having listening parties for people not withing the bands' trusted circle - like Chris Martin. And top this off with the KNOWN fact that they are trying to be as secretive as possible.

<------ 99%

Somewhere around Aug 20th is going to be a big news day. People should just be patient. If we get much beyond the 20th and we haven't heard anything, then...whatever.

To remind people, once again, the first hard news about ATYCLB and HTDAAB (both fall releases) broke around Aug 20th (19th and 21st, I think).

So this is definitely crunch time. Do we all agree it's 'crunch time' for the album coming out in 2013 or next year? Okay.

Now ask yourself - are they in the studio? Have they been seen by anyone recording anywhere or even with their instruments? Are they even in Dublin? Or are they in their vacation/relaxing spot? Have they been known to have worked with DM any time since the Electric Lady reports or has he moved on to Black Keys or whatever else he's doing? And think about the logistics and common sense of bringing in another producer or scrapping material. Think about Jimmy Iovine saying "I hope so", two months ago when asked if U2 were done. And if they needed someone to come in, Lillywhite has just told you he's not even working with them. Think about having listening parties for people not withing the bands' trusted circle - like Chris Martin. And top this off with the KNOWN fact that they are trying to be as secretive as possible.

Yeah, I've been looking at August 20th as a good time for stuff to come out as well. I'm still not anywhere near the 99% club though, for the same reasons. The band is a creature of habit. They overcook their albums.

I'm still leaning towards this year though.

Michael Schabow ‏@mjschabow 3h
@Sillywhite so in other words, no new U2 album until 2014? ;)
Expand
Steve Lillywhite CBE ‏@Sillywhite 2h
@mjschabow you might say that but I couldn't possibly comment !

Indeed he couldn't, since he (I think this is the second time) has said he's not working on the new album.

Lillywhite has transformed from Steve Lillywhite, respected producer of Boctowar, Peter Gabriel 3 and The Crossing into Sillywhite, Twitter troll responsible for Crazy Tonight.

Crazy Tonight is superior to the Eno/Lanois nadir of Get on your boots (aka Vertigo part II).

Beach clips :applaud:

I like you guys that don't trust yourselves not to listen to them even if you don't want to, so you'd rather they just don't exist. :lol:

And just so you know I wasn't laughing at you because I think it's silly or dumb, but because it's funny how U2 can make us do funny stuff. :hug:

Crazy Tonight is superior to the Eno/Lanois nadir of Get on your boots (aka Vertigo part II).

Trying.....to hold back........from..completely ripping you apart.......for saying that GOYB is Vertigo part II.......because it's such a lazy.....uneducated opinion........

Nah, I won't get into that argument. :wink:

<------ 99%

This :up:

<------ 99%

That's what I said above - it just got buried in the usual rubbish that fills these threads.

You're spot-on, and even if we hear nothing then it's just a sign that they're going for a different marketing approach.

Interferencers are amazingly pernickety:
'We want a stealth release. Oh wait, no, that's not what we want at all.'

'Bono lies. Oh wait, Bono says nothing? That's worse!'

Yeah, let's open that exciting debate again. :rolleyes:

:lmao:

image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom