US Politics XXXVII: hiiiii Kevin, I’m your biggest fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a special counsel for Biden Documents

Curious when this all took place (the search). Seems like a special counsel can be created quickly vs waiting two years after a coup to do one

Edit to state that is Biden or someone on his team broke the law willingly, which doesn’t sound like the intent is there, then absolutely fine with pursuing

Last edited:
Does bring up overall issue of why politicians seem to be very cavalier with secure documents.

While i don’t suspect Biden had criminal intent with having these papers outside of WH, it still begs the question as to why he wasn’t more careful.

And had Trump just returned the docs he had, he wouldn’t be in the legal trouble he’s in (which let’s face it, probably won’t face any punishment)

It’s the same reason people like Matt Gaetz can walk into a SCIF with a cell phone. Some innate assumption that the rules just don’t apply to them.

Do they have special rules? Yes absolutely. Does that permit them to do what they do? No, but who holds them accountable? Themselves. Same reason you don’t have term limits.

It’ll be interesting to see if the GOP knows the difference between this and the other one that involves clear deception and obstruction.

Quickly scrolled again through your hot takes and declarations in the now ironically titled 'Special Masters of our Domain' thread and in the previous thread, mikal. Both still right on the forum home page.

I hope you continue to keep us updated on all the gritty details of the docudrama investigations.

Quickly scrolled again through your hot takes and declarations in the now ironically titled 'Special Masters of our Domain' thread and in the previous thread, mikal. Both still right on the forum home page.

I hope you continue to keep us updated on all the gritty details of the docudrama investigations.

Thoughts and prayers for your failed “gotcha” attempt.

Love how our resident Insurrection Party members always turn to the "I looked back at your posting history" routine. Like I give a shit what I said even 2 months ago.

I don't give a fuck about any of the documents Biden has because I trust him not to sell them to North Korea for a hotel location.

I wish our side didn't say crap about it. The other side isn't honest -- why are we so bad at this game??? Being honest only hurts our chances to win. If being honest gets a supreme court of 9-0 MAGA judges, then fuck being honest. Be smart.

I just want Trump NOT to have a chance at the white house again. I'm not even thinking jail is possible, but the fact that he's the 2nd most likely person to win in 2024 is INSANE.

So this Democrat wants to play by the GOP rules and do the most good we can.

I'm an honest person in real life, but this isn't real life. Politics is a game like Game of Thrones that affects real people. Playing by the rules sure worked out for Merrick Garland didn't it, Mr. Justice... oh wait...

looks like the republicans are ready to get serious about governing

FmX8wsiaEAAcSzJ

jkjkjkjkjkjkjk

Like I give a shit what I said even 2 months ago.

Well there. But I hear where you're coming from now.

What's likely are the parallel docudrama investigations will result in nothing more than slaps on the wrist, if that.

Let's acknowledge it....shoddy document security wasn't born in the 2010's. Hell in the end these two investigations may just help remove two lousy candidates from whatever the real presidential race becomes.

But no 'Jail, Jail, Jail! ' is forthcoming. No death via suicide before the arrest :lol:. And no jail.

Same church. Different pews. 45/46.

Well there. But I hear where you're coming from now.

What's likely are the parallel docudrama investigations will result in nothing more than slaps on the wrist, if that.

Let's acknowledge it....shoddy document security wasn't born in the 2010's. Hell in the end these two investigations may just help remove two lousy candidates from whatever the real presidential race becomes.

But no 'Jail, Jail, Jail! ' is forthcoming. No death via suicide before the arrest :lol:. And no jail.

Same church. Different pews. 45/46.

Wait. Trump is going to kill himself? Now that’s a hot take!

Why “acknowledge it”? Without the presence of evidence, it’s moot. Right now we are looking at two presidents who have mishandled classified information. They deserve to be punished.

Do I think Trump further lied? Yeah. Do I think Trump potentially nefariously was withholding documents? I wouldn’t rule it out. Do I really care if he’s nefarious or not? No, because in my mind it was over the minute he lied about it.

Welcome to the real world. Mishandle = face punishment and potentially lose your job. Lie = lose your job and potentially go to jail. That’s the real world for regular every day citizens. Politicians are not above the law.

Christ, Biden. More documents found than previous reported

Sorry, but has every POTUS decided this was an acceptable practice ?

Are we going to find out Obama, Bushes, Clinton took their briefings home with them too ?

I’ll support anyone over the 2024 GQP candidate, but I’m really leaning towards a new face for the democrats especially after this. It’s “her emails” all over. Don’t need that bullshit derailing the country again

Christ, Biden. More documents found than previous reported

Sorry, but has every POTUS decided this was an acceptable practice ?

Are we going to find out Obama, Bushes, Clinton took their briefings home with them too ?

I’ll support anyone over the 2024 GQP candidate, but I’m really leaning towards a new face for the democrats especially after this. It’s “her emails” all over. Don’t need that bullshit derailing the country again

“Her emails” are far less offensive than this. They’re a contained system.

The issue is that presidents homes are understandably locations of business for a job that is 24/7/365 for 4 years at a time. It’s reasonable for them to have special control rules when in power to be outside of a SCIF and have these documents at home.

When they end their term, the place should be fuckin scoured and scrubbed by the secret service or appropriate IC member. The President or VP has the responsibility thereafter to report any inappropriately stored documents ASAP. So when it was 7 years ago (Biden) or someone else has to accuse you of holding onto them and you lie and say you don’t have them (Trump), that’s a problem.

Without re-litigating the whole affair, and I won't be today....

that's a whopper of a claim.

i also have experience working with classified materials (military) - LN7 is 100% correct in his assessment.

this (for both presidents) is a FAR bigger deal than anything hillary was ever accused of with the emails. i have literally seen co-workers court-martialed and even put in military prison for infractions far less egregious than even what biden is accused of, much less trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom