TICKET DROPS Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But. But. But the list is all powerful and all knowing. You just cursed your bloodline for a century for daring to disregard a list.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The line was a complete mess tonight. It was almost all $280. There was about 5 $100 tickets & they didn't offer them to the people in front & everyone went nuts. I've been a U2 fan for about 15 years & (maybe I've just been lucky) but tonight people were just ugly. Name calling, people accused of being scalpers (the one guy just bought a single $280 & went right in so I think he was just a fan). The nastiness was awful. I hope the rest of you, whether you got tickets or not, had a better experience.

Sorry to hear. Did you get to go to any show? They'll be back, no way they only do 2 legs.

So did it seem a lot of people in the line got tickets, or most didn't?

Sorry to hear. Did you get to go to any show? They'll be back, no way they only do 2 legs.

So did it seem a lot of people in the line got tickets, or most didn't?

What Penny said. :/

I did get to go to one show. I was just hoping for a second. There were a decent number of $280 that if you were early and willing to pay that you probably got in. I would guess the 280 offer went back to 70 or 80 people. I really hope they do another leg. I'll be buying many more tickets at the initial sale next time. Did anyone else feel like tickets this tour, in NY at least, were especially hard to get?

Hi!

So I really wanted to she the last show. I already saw 3 for which I had the tickets. But for the last show my friend and I decided to go try the line and get some tickets.
So we got there quiet early around 3 and waited.
First they came selling the $280 tickets. They were really trying hard to sell thwm kept asking everyone in the line who wants to buy. After selling some they came out again and were asking again all of us if anyone wants to buy for $280. They even said they only had one more left. So of course even that one got sold. But a lot of us was waiting for cheaper tickets. We were 43rd in the line, so very close. And after all the $280 people left the line we were like 25th. So we had a good chances to get next tickets.
Later I went for a smoke and when I was coming back the guy came back but to the middle of the line. They skipped the whole front of the line. I heard them talking about $100 tickets. So I asked why they skipped us and if I can get ot. And they told me that they started where they fibished before. Because we said no to $280 tickets we don't have a choice now. WTF?! We were therr much earlier and that's what they do?!
So I ran to tell my friend to go there in the back of the line (I couldn't because the guy would know I was suppose to be in the beginning after talking to him about this BS). So we were lucky, he pulled my friend out of the line and she went to buy the tickets. And she got the last 2 for $100. They only had 10 of them. When she came to get me outside the guy was selling $280 tickets again.
We got great seats in section 2 in the 1st row. The concert was amazing but this while thing with the line was just so stupid and wrong. The security guy kept saying who comes first serves first but that was not the case.

Just very wrong but I'm glad we got the tickets and feel sorry for those who haven't.

Yay! Glad to hear this.

And yep, those were two different scalpers.

This was my favorite alleged scalper. Allegedly.

View attachment 10408

Allegedly.

Joey Ramone was in my line for night 4 as well and he got GAs and than ran for the hills to sell them.

The living Jesus Twin (Howard Stern fans)

Last edited:
Lesson is, get tickets before shows hit. That simple. I got all 8 shows. I'm not rich. I'm not smart. But I did it. Every seat at MSG looked good to me walking around.

I sat in all sections, walked around a lot. Every view gives you something else. No perfect seat. No bad seat.

I did get to go to one show. I was just hoping for a second. There were a decent number of $280 that if you were early and willing to pay that you probably got in. I would guess the 280 offer went back to 70 or 80 people. I really hope they do another leg. I'll be buying many more tickets at the initial sale next time. Did anyone else feel like tickets this tour, in NY at least, were especially hard to get?

Ah yeah I was same, hoped for 2nd. Didn't brave that line, but probably should have just to see. I would've looked for $35 but snatched $100 too.

Confident for 2016 dates! I'll be sure to get more than 1 for that. Even though cancellation line people had a bad experience I'd still hope for Garden if its arenas. Its just easiest to get to, and bigger than Barclays. And forget Newark. It has best views too of those three arenas.

But. But. But the list is all powerful and all knowing. You just cursed your bloodline for a century for daring to disregard a list.

Thing is I would have honored the list but it was a shady list from the very beginning organized by a shady looking woman that I saw associating with a known scalper from a previous cancellation line - big guy with pony tail. When she came back with a shady looking dude I looked them both in the eyes and very sternly told them that no fucking scalper was going to be in front of me in the line. He was fucking pissed but he did not cross me, I made sure of it.

Oh. I wasn't judging. This was definitely an instance to use Headache's catchy line regarding lists. :)

My full report:

Here's how I did it yesterday. I went to the cancellation line at 11:00 yesterday morning with my cousin. There were 2 REALLY shady looking women and a young teenage boy that looked NOTHING like fans that started a numbered list. My gut told me something was fishy from the beginning. First of all, I was nearly certain they were not U2 fans. Secondly, they were the only people there but their list was already up to 10 people. I asked where were the others - that the early numbers should not count if they were not going to be there / stay there and establish their spot in the line. I suspected that the other 7 were scalpers out working the streets. An hour or 2 later I saw one of the women associating with the pony tail scalper guy that one of the fans posted a picture of from a previous cancellation. That null and voided that list as far as I was concerned. She came back with a guy about an hour later and I looked them both in the eyes and aggressively told them I saw her associating with known scalpers and that NO FUCKING SCALPER was getting in front of me in the line. He was PISSED. Gave me some bull shit about how do you know blah blah blah...I showed him the picture of the pony tail guy one of you fans shared from the other night and told them that I was certain that they were associating with scalpers or scalpers themselves and they were not getting in front of me. I guarded my turf. Stayed put until the line started to form. Was number 1 at 2:30. Security came over and said we had to leave. I told the other 10 fans behind me just to move the exact same line down in the order we were in 50 yards, to an area accepted by security. I had my back to where the official line would start keeping an eye on the people behind me. I had my cousin check near security once in a while to make sure there were no loose lingering fans or scalpers trying to pull some shit. Nobody was there. The line was formed. We moved it forward when we were allowed to. Waited. Innocence and Experience / Live Nation tour director came over to see what the F was going on because of all the twitter / internet activity about bad experiences previous nights and fans being abused by security and scalpers. He set things straight with security. We figured GA's would not be offered. But security ASSURED us that when they offered $280 tickets they would at least tell us WHICH $280 tickets they were (was not going to pay $280 for 200 section). They did not follow through with that. After 6:00 they came and offered $280 tickets, would not tell us where they were, and we had to go to the box office, see if we wanted them, and lose our place in line if we did not want them. Thought that was bull shit. But I had a good feeling they were quality loge $280 tickets. I took the offer leaving my cousin in line as backup in case those tickets sucked. One more try. Did not need second try. Was offered section 116 row 6. Took them! Done! Came back to check on line after getting something to eat and drink with my cousin. Same people still there, minus suspected scalpers, who did not take the $280 tickets the first round, so I am guessing they all came up bust and bailed. FUCK them. I just hope my new friend Sanjay got tickets. Poor guy was still waiting there at spot 3. He did not want to spring $280 for tickets. I already experienced 2 shows in GA, heard GA's have not been dropping, did not want continued stress and come up empty handed and figured I would like to see it from quality loge this time around anyway, with great view of screen and full length stage from i to e stage...UNBELIEVABLE show...they outdid themselves last night. SO MUCH energy. I'm up to about a dozen shows now and it was easily in the top 3. They gave it their all! Played that Party Girl / Trampoline song while drinking champagne! Didn't hurt that Bill and Hillary and Bruce were there!

I hope most fans got in. Terribly sorry to the fans that didn't. I paid my dues in time, emotion, energy, stress, fierce intolerance of scalpers and money - and it paid off. Lets hope things go smoother next time around...gotta update my fan club membership.

Now 2chord I hope you can relax. Good work 3 out of 3 you won?

By the way I was in Sec 201, Row 1 and in row there were 6 empty seats. After 12 songs people filled in a few of them, but they were just getting closer, they weren't the seat buyers. I saw a lot of dead rows too, maybe I was looking at places they don't sell...

So I'm sorry fans didn't get in, but My guess is scalpers bought them and people said FUCK YOU to them. Or those 6 people died tragically on the way to the concert.

Hi!

So I really wanted to she the last show. I already saw 3 for which I had the tickets. But for the last show my friend and I decided to go try the line and get some tickets.
So we got there quiet early around 3 and waited.
First they came selling the $280 tickets. They were really trying hard to sell thwm kept asking everyone in the line who wants to buy. After selling some they came out again and were asking again all of us if anyone wants to buy for $280. They even said they only had one more left. So of course even that one got sold. But a lot of us was waiting for cheaper tickets. We were 43rd in the line, so very close. And after all the $280 people left the line we were like 25th. So we had a good chances to get next tickets.
Later I went for a smoke and when I was coming back the guy came back but to the middle of the line. They skipped the whole front of the line. I heard them talking about $100 tickets. So I asked why they skipped us and if I can get ot. And they told me that they started where they fibished before. Because we said no to $280 tickets we don't have a choice now. WTF?! We were therr much earlier and that's what they do?!
So I ran to tell my friend to go there in the back of the line (I couldn't because the guy would know I was suppose to be in the beginning after talking to him about this BS). So we were lucky, he pulled my friend out of the line and she went to buy the tickets. And she got the last 2 for $100. They only had 10 of them. When she came to get me outside the guy was selling $280 tickets again.
We got great seats in section 2 in the 1st row. The concert was amazing but this while thing with the line was just so stupid and wrong. The security guy kept saying who comes first serves first but that was not the case.

Just very wrong but I'm glad we got the tickets and feel sorry for those who haven't.

I'm glad you guys got a ticket. I was the blonde woman at #47 that was talking to you guys. I think your friend said it was her first show, right? I'm happy she got to see them! You guys missed the worst of it in the line after you went in. Your friend was one of the people accused of being a scalper after you left. I got called names by another guy in line. I was so disappointed to not get in. :(

Clerks is completely correct. Buy tickets for any shows you might even possible want to go to so you'e covered. You can always sell them if you change your mind, but at least you have them.

By the way I was in Sec 201, Row 1 and in row there were 6 empty seats. After 12 songs people filled in a few of them, but they were just getting closer, they weren't the seat buyers. I saw a lot of dead rows too, maybe I was looking at places they don't sell...

So I'm sorry fans didn't get in, but My guess is scalpers bought them and people said FUCK YOU to them. Or those 6 people died tragically on the way to the concert.

You're probably right. After the show started, I checked StubHub figuring people would drop the prices rather than get nothing for their tickets. Tickets that were face valued at $35 only dropped to $166, and that was the cheapest. This was at 8:57 pm when StubHub would be closing sales for the show at 9pm. My guess is all of those tickets went unused. It especially sucks for those of us who really wanted to go and were willing to pay for a ticket, just not an unreasonable price. Once the show has already started, over face value is not a reasonable price.

My row on ticketmaster had on resale 2 seats for 6000 for weeks. My row was full. I like to hope no one paid that. Everyone except guy next to me seemed to be really into it in my section including 2 teenage girls who didn't seem to be with parents. So U2 has younger fans.

At show 1 or 2 I noticed a few choice rows in loge that were empty pretty late but before the concert started - I'm guessing those are corporate / concert promoter / radio station seats that got released back to the box office but people did not purchase or purchased at the very end.

Then there might have been corporate / concert promoter / radio station seats with anti U2 hipster herd mentality idiot employees and they kept the seats but they were too cool to go to a U2 concert...so they remained empty!?!

I saw a lot of dead rows too, maybe I was looking at places they don't sell...

I was in 108/row 4 (night 2) and had 6 empty seats next to me for the 1st set. 3 people showed up at the intermission - they seemed like fans.

Yeah its smart to buy extras. I'll be sure to next time, and if I can't go to one, I know to sell to a fan somewhere.

I'd like to try and get one for GA next time, but I'll be glad anywhere. I'll try for lower level, one GA, and cheap nosebleed obstructed view. Assuming they play multiple shows again that is.

I stood in the cancellation line for MSG 8, didn't get there until 7pm as I was not planning on going to the show. I was quite prepared to get a cheap seat and I had a few people looking for me throughout the day for one too. Scalpers, at showtime were still wanting $250 for the 300 seats. I toyed with it as I reckon I could get on the floor once in the building, but it wasn't guaranteed. I offered him $150 for a GA, he laughed at me and said they're $450, I laughed back and said they would be worth fuck all in 20mins:lol: So i went to footlocker, bought some trainers, met the Mrs and treated her to a meal at Virgils instead.

I stood in the cancellation line for MSG 8, didn't get there until 7pm as I was not planning on going to the show. I was quite prepared to get a cheap seat and I had a few people looking for me throughout the day for one too. Scalpers, at showtime were still wanting $250 for the 300 seats. I toyed with it as I reckon I could get on the floor once in the building, but it wasn't guaranteed. I offered him $150 for a GA, he laughed at me and said they're $450, I laughed back and said they would be worth fuck all in 20mins:lol: So i went to footlocker, bought some trainers, met the Mrs and treated her to a meal at Virgils instead.

I bow to you

:up:

Glad you had a great time. We all sure as hell did.

I should have added that with the 'change' we went back down to the LES, got absolutely wankered in a dive bar until 4am, with a great barman talking about shit movies, all the garbage on the streets, Robert Plant, David Bowie, scalpers (they do that for all shows why are u2 fans crying?) and he had obviously no idea what we had drunk and gave us a tab for $40 that was probably at least double that.

Domo, so yes we won!

Haha, LOVE this, good for you!

I should have added that with the 'change' we went back down to the LES, got absolutely wankered in a dive bar until 4am, with a great barman talking about shit movies, all the garbage on the streets, Robert Plant, David Bowie, scalpers (they do that for all shows why are u2 fans crying?) and he had obviously no idea what we had drunk and gave us a tab for $40 that was probably at least double that.

Domo, so yes we won!
I wasn't planning on drinking much Wednesday night.

After "that" happened, I got frickin smashed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom