TICKET DROPS Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK so who wants to make a bet that if this airs on the news, the last line of the report will be:

"A spokesperson from The Madison Square Garden Company declined comment."

At LA4, in the GA line, (walking in around 6PM) the girls in front of us bought off a scalper, and he (the scalper) had a long list of people he was "walking in" and scanning credit cards for the ticket takers. Didn't eliminate it all that's for sure.

At LA4, in the GA line, (walking in around 6PM) the girls in front of us bought off a scalper, and he (the scalper) had a long list of people he was "walking in" and scanning credit cards for the ticket takers. Didn't eliminate it all that's for sure.

They actually asked for ID in Toronto the first night, which was actually the original intention, but security peeps making minimum wage be lazy.

No, but definitely curtailed it. I don't think it was coincidence that buying GAs for the LA shows was relatively "easy" in the general sale. I don't think U2 was less in demand than say the Foos and only reason I got a GA for any of those shows was I stood in line for a couple of hours at the Honda Center.

in support of the secondary market:

almost everyone complaining about the scalpers are people who have seen multiple shows, would like to see more, and have hours to kill waiting in lines. Most people aren't like that. The secondary market gives them the opportunity to see a show they might not otherwise been able to get a ticket to. I was lucky and got all my tickets in the general or pre-sale. After tickets went on sale my wife and I decided to take our 3 kids to a MSG show. We had GA so we wanted to get 3 more GA. Went to a reseller, bout 3 GA for $150 each and couldn't be happier about it. We had a great time, kids will remember it forever, and probably couldn't have done it without the secondary market.

I'm saying people in nyc are last minute plans type of people... we don't plan well... lets go outside... I just think a lot of people decided to go to U2 after night 4 because they didn't even know U2 was playing or touring...

It may not be 50%. People like me buy 8 shows and sell a few.... so technically 3 people saw the show I would have, so they fall into my 50%... you see what I mean.

NBC is getting in on the action too.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1438372935.312190.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I was watching on the screen people near the rail and they looked miserable for most of the show. They get their sweet spot after non stop waiting and by the time they get there, they realize they don't even want to be there. So weird.

:lol: That's freaking hilarious.

So which one of you insufferable wankers is this?

I have not been able to figure out if this is a parody account or if it is actually Brad (SuperFan). I actually tend to think it is him with only the smallest of exaggeration added.

I have not been able to figure out if this is a parody account or if it is actually Brad (SuperFan). I actually tend to think it is him with only the smallest of exaggeration added.

I still can't tell if it's actually him or a parody. :lol:

Honestly he is a friend of a friend on Facebook, and judging by his posts there, that Twitter account has the grammar/spelling and general LOGICAL SENTENCES that his IRL FB posts do not.

Honestly he is a friend of a friend on Facebook, and judging by his posts there, that Twitter account has the grammar/spelling and general LOGICAL SENTENCES that his IRL FB posts do not.

Ha ha. The logical sentences are what made me doubt its validity.

I still think it is him or else someone is really putting effort into it. Some of the city specific comments he made match other things I have seen him post online.

Yeah, figured a long shot for cheap obstructed views...but I don't have plans tonight either so thought I might give it a go and then try and meet someone for drinks if not!

Yeah, and I thought the scalpers would be snatching everything up from the morning (which they did) and the 3pm-ish ones they seem to be doing that by 7 they might be busy trying to sell whatever they have. Plus maybe after the morning fiasco maybe a lot of people gave up and left.

Last edited:
I still think it is him or else someone is really putting effort into it. Some of the city specific comments he made match other things I have seen him post online.

Upon further review I don't think it's him. I don't think he's that self aware, and there are no mentions of Metallica.

Back
Top Bottom