See you soon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The show closed with a subdued rendering of “All I Want Is You,” as drummer Larry Mullen Jr. sent the crowd home with a smile: “See you soon.”

Soon will likely be in 2008, U2 manager Paul McGuinness tells Billboard.com. U2 will first regroup in the studio, with an eye on releasing its next album by late 2007.

yup, the word on the street is that they hope to tour in 2008... we'll see if it actually happens, but i'm certainly keeping my fingers crossed! :up:

waynetravis said:
Bono also said "we won't leave it so long" during Kite at one of the Sydney shows too :hmm:

We've heard that before, though.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
The show closed with a subdued rendering of “All I Want Is You,” as drummer Larry Mullen Jr. sent the crowd home with a smile: “See you soon.”

Can't help but think : "In a theater near you."
Every time I read 'See you soon".
I know, I know.
It's actually coming soon to a theater near you.
I'm a bit :coocoo:
Then again wasn't there something about a 3D movie.

Last edited:
Yes, but remember Edge said that it might be a stretch to get an album in 2007, that five or six songs were on the road to being recorded but the rest aren't ready. They spent the summer in the studio this year and came up with two, and one was a cover of a Skids song.

I think Larry was just politely channeling the Mickey Mouse Club.

Its on the internet, its going to happen! :wink:

Curious though, is there a link to the Billboard article quoting Paul McGuiness?

Axver said:

Interesting, I do put more credence in it if someone like Paul or Edge says something like that versus Bono. This is assuming Billboard quoted everything correctly and didnt read into anything.

I will still be surprised if they are gearing up for the road again a year from now. I wouldnt place any meaning on Larry's "See you soon" though as an indicator. Fortunately we will know in a year. I just hope that if it doesnt happen people around here dont lose it. The main thing is they do plan to make another album and tour again. Thats all that really matters IMO.

Blue Room said:
Fortunately we will know in a year. I just hope that if it doesnt happen people around here dont lose it.

Oh, surely you know this place better than that! Whether or not U2 tour, people will be losing it and making incoherent posts. The only thing is whether the smileys will be :hyper: or :madspit:!

:wink:

bono_man2002 said:

So Long probably means they won't leave us out for whatever the next tour is.

I think you failed to read the disclaimer in the fine print:

Disclaimer: not a guarantee. Entirely dependent upon the state of the Australian economy. Don't vote for John Howard if you want to see us again.

Well, if they decide to tour again in 2008 I hope that they do a better job of controlling ticket sales. The amount of tickets that get touted, either on ebay and its clones or the pro touts, is skyrocketing. Which means that we pay more and more. For this tour I stood in line as early as possible and I still only managed to get nose bleed seats. All those bastards going before you buying the maximum number of tickets (of which at least half ends up on ebay) is not good for morale. Or the number of times the internet connection of the ticket office crapped out because of internet sales.

I say no more then two tickets per person and no internet sales.

Axver said:

I think you failed to read the disclaimer in the fine print:

Disclaimer: not a guarantee. Entirely dependent upon the state of the Australian economy. Don't vote for John Howard if you want to see us again.

:lol:

Well, if you see three guys, who are clearly buddies of each other, getting the maximum of six tickets each, all GA, you know most of them are going to end up on ebay. And I find something morally wrong in having waited all night for tickets, only to have the ticket office run the same gauntlet on the internet as somebody who just woke up. You wanna go to a U2 show? Make the effort and get in line!

At least with waiting all night and getting 6 tickets, to sell half on ebay, at least a fan will make an extra buck. But for the touts the internet is a great tool to score more and more tickets at the expense of fans. I don't want to see corporate business relations getting free tickets to U2 shows when it could have been real U2 fans.

Soon will likely be in 2008, U2 manager Paul McGuinness tells Billboard.com. U2 will first regroup in the studio, with an eye on releasing its next album by late 2007. [/B]

Soon will likely be in 2008, U2 manager Paul McGuinness tells Billboard.com. U2 will first regroup in the studio, with an eye on releasing its next album by late 2007. [/B]

I'm not going to jump off a bridge or anything if it doesn't happen, but in the meantime-----:combust: :drool: :dance:

silvrlvr said:
Yes, but remember Edge said that it might be a stretch to get an album in 2007, that five or six songs were on the road to being recorded but the rest aren't ready. They spent the summer in the studio this year and came up with two, and one was a cover of a Skids song.

I think Larry was just politely channeling the Mickey Mouse Club.

It will be a stretch if Rick Rubin is producing because he's working with Metallica in the new year for work on their new album.

Back
Top Bottom