San Sebastian Setlist Party # 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love how Bono managed to butcher the lyrics of Spanish Eyes despite constantly looking at the teleprompter.

Still, awesome performance. :up:

Also, it's awesome how Mercy has improved (in my opinion) since they debuted it. The ending now sounds plausible to me!

Bono sounds really good...great performances of both songs despite Edge and Larry and Edge doing some weird stuff. :up:

U2_sansebastian.jpg

This is beautiful.

Spanish Eyes was played a handful of times in 1987, and then once in 1992, once in 2001, and now so far once in 2010. At this rate, it won't be played again until 2019! Although I sorta look for them to play it in Seville on Thursday as well.

Spanish Eyes was played a handful of times in 1987, and then once in 1992, once in 2001, and now so far once in 2010. At this rate, it won't be played again until 2019! Although I sorta look for them to play it in Seville on Thursday as well.

I'm sure they'll play it in Seville.

When will people start to complain about "Spanish Eyes" and "In a little while", which also contains "spanish eyes" being played at two consecutive shows? :lol:

It's enough already with these "Spanish Eyes" Bono, really, this is getting boring.

Try to find something other relating to Spain or Spanish. :tsk:

When will people start to complain about "Spanish Eyes" and "In a little while", which also contains "spanish eyes" being played at two consecutive shows? :lol:

It's enough already with these "Spanish Eyes" Bono, really, this is getting boring.

Haha, and then when you think of the fact that the Basque people don't feel Spanish at all!! They are often even feeling anti-Spanish..

Haha, and then when you think of the fact that the Basque people don't feel Spanish at all!! They are often even feeling anti-Spanish..

Yeah that's what I thought. There was one guy in front of me really getting into the song everyone else was a bit sedate though. Cool to hear live though. I was a bit stumped by it at first Bono was singing the 'way, hay hay' bit and for a good twenty seconds for one of the first times I had no idea what U2 song it was.

Well that problem can be EASILY solved.

Drop IALW from the setlist forever. Everybody happy! :happy:

Wow Larry totally LOST Mercy's beat there at 2 minutes. :lol: Never thought that he'd ever be the one to fail to keep time.

Still unsure about those lyrics that start the chorus though. :crack: That second line is different every bloody night!

What was the line?!

I thought all the lyrics were the same up until the chorus.

...Well if you read my post properly you could see I'm talking about the beginning of the chorus..

the line I meant is the second one, the one after "You wanna kill me and I wanna die, we were meant for each other/perfect match you and I"

Then what?

two souls something something, or there's nowhere left to go, or mumble jumble

then I'm pretty sure the second part is "And there's no one left to trust". But yeah. That first bit is different ever friggin' time, except for Munich, where it was there's nowhere left to go every time.

Back
Top Bottom