Rattle & Hum Outtakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can see why they dropped Unforgettable Fire. Bono sounded pretty terrible on the higher parts.

Can see why they dropped Unforgettable Fire. Bono sounded pretty terrible on the higher parts.

Yeah, probably a wise choice and its cool, modern European sound doesn’t really fit the aesthetic of Rattle & Hum.

Trip Thru Your Wires sounds fine but not as essential at the other non-singles from JT that are in the film.

So I just decided to try and figure out which show Spanish Eyes was from and figured U2gigs would be the place for that and site appears to be down or gone. Anyone heard from Axver lately?

I'm a little late to this thread, but was curious about the supposed rights issue between U2 and Paramount Pictures. I've heard it referred to numerous times, but I don't know the particulars. Does anyone know the in's and out's about it? Was/is it a frosty relationship? Has there ever been an attempt made by either camp to come to agreement over the rights?

Rattle and Hum is not among my favorite U2 albums, but there was plenty of undeniably spectacular live footage of the band at one peak of their career. Would be a shame if a rights dispute is what's holding up a boxset or further release of the great performances/footage.

I don't know all the details.
But it surprises me, considering u2 loves to own and control ALL of their work, that they just haven't paid X amount of dollars to just own all the rights and footage of R+H already. Not even necessarily to do anything with it, but just to make sure they own everything and no one else does.

I don't know all the details.
But it surprises me, considering u2 loves to own and control ALL of their work, that they just haven't paid X amount of dollars to just own all the rights and footage of R+H already. Not even necessarily to do anything with it, but just to make sure they own everything and no one else does.

Thanks for the reply. I agree, they love to have control. McGuinness served the band well by getting them good business contracts from the beginning. So I am also surprised they haven't forked over how ever much just own it for themselves. Even if, as you suggest, they do nothing at all with it. I wonder if they have even made an attempt to acquire the rights.

My understanding is they were a little disappointed with the film. Maybe they are much more disappointed than they let on and want nothing at all to do with it. Who knows? It's a mystery to me.

Back
Top Bottom