Random Crack Music Talk XC: The Infatuation Of Yeezus' Yayo By The Blowhard Rob Ford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys better look out once I've perfected this acoustic cover of the Abbey Road medley that I'm working on.

Struggling just a wee bit on the transition part between "oh that magic feeling...nowhere to go" and "One sweet dream...pick up the bags, get in the limousine" because I have about 1/1,000,000th of the talent of the young George Harrison. The rest of the songs are easy. "You Never Give Me Your Money" is by far the most musically complex of the bunch.

Struggling just a wee bit on the transition part between "oh that magic feeling...nowhere to go" and "One sweet dream...pick up the bags, get in the limousine" because I have about 1/1,000,000th of the talent of the young George Harrison. The rest of the songs are easy. "You Never Give Me Your Money" is by far the most musically complex of the bunch.

The "out of college, money spent..." section can't be easy, either.

RogerSterlingBlackFace1.jpg

Moz is not typically one for self-censureship. Seems to relish controversy more than anything else.

I don't know...isn't he the one that didn't say word one about his sexuality until this book? I'm not saying anyone has to divulge anything about themselves, it just seems like he's the one who's been keeping things hidden and now you're telling me that a book is getting "censored" in the U.S. for a few passages about his homosexuality? I don't buy it.

I don't know...isn't he the one that didn't say word one about his sexuality until this book? I'm not saying anyone has to divulge anything about themselves, it just seems like he's the one who's been keeping things hidden and now you're telling me that a book is getting "censored" in the U.S. for a few passages about his homosexuality? I don't buy it.

Right, but why would he choose to include that part in the UK but not in the US? It's not like the book is going to have any wide circulation beyond committed fans, who likely already suspected his homosexuality anyway.

Right, but why would he choose to include that part in the UK but not in the US? It's not like the book is going to have any wide circulation beyond committed fans, who likely already suspected his homosexuality anyway.

Like you said, he's all about controversy, right? Pretty controversial for a book in the U.S. to not include portions about homosexuality.

It's really bizarre if the two editions are different, but I simply can't believe it would be a censorship thing. It's not like this is a book being marketed to three-year olds and the publishing house would be scared of the "WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN???" response.

It's really bizarre if the two editions are different, but I simply can't believe it would be a censorship thing. It's not like this is a book being marketed to three-year olds and the publishing house would be scared of the "WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN???" response.

Exactly.

Maybe it's like when the US publishers of Harry Potter changed the title of the first book to "Sorcerer's Stone" instead of "Philosopher's Stone," because they knew us dumbos in the US wouldn't know what the hell a Philosopher was.

We dumbos can't be expected to understand Morrissey's sexuality! :sad:

Philosopher? Does that have something to do with Doctor Phil?

For obvious personal reasons, I pretty much lost it laughing about this last night:

BaqOmyNCUAA_dHd.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom