Random Crack Music Talk XC: The Infatuation Of Yeezus' Yayo By The Blowhard Rob Ford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cool. I thought veni vidi vicious was ok at best, lame at worst, but mostly just overrated when it came out, so I never gave the band another chance after that.

Welp, I just heard a song by Delorean on Last.fm. Blew my mind. Time for the crushing disappointment that is sure to follow by my listening to a full album of theirs.

I went ahead and listened to their album from this year, despite it's much lower score than the 2010 album, so I'm hoping that it only goes up from here.

This was the song that last.fm played me. From their EP:

Delorean - Seasun - YouTube

Hallmark Christmas Movies are pretty much my second favorite thing in the world, short of b-horror films.

Reviews have called them a 60s girl group throw-back. Not sure if this is accurate, though.

I'd say this is fairly accurate for a high percentage of songs. The album is fairly diverse though, some songs reminding me of Broken Social Scene (How Loud Your Heart Gets), some of Beach House (Tempest), others 60's girl group pop (Turn It Around, Hey Doreen, etc). It's actually quite a solid album, I've been enjoying it.

FYI, Amazon is selling the CD for $7.75 and it comes with an Autorip of the MP3's. Only $1.75 more than the digital only version.

I'm not minding Ordinary Love. :shh:

You and Mrs. Hewson would get along famously during December.
Non friggin stop Hallmark.

I haven't watched a single Christmas movie yet, and I'm jonesin' bad. I think tonight might be Moonlight and Mistletoe. Then Friday I'm going to my cousin's to watch A Diva's Christmas Carol :hyper:

CHVRCHES is definitely going in my top 15. It's my favorite Tumblrcore album of the year.

:up: This is why I made that Recommend An Album with a Song thread. I had no idea what these guys were like. I assumed they were a gothy heavy rock band

But I had no idea what that term meant. I think it was Travis who explained it a bit, but it still gave me no idea what the sound was like.... it sounds like tumblr? Plus 'core' to me usually means heavy

I don't know if any of us are really sure what the phrase means, but there's definitely a similarity in sound between artists like MSMR (though they sound more like Florence and the Machine), Charli XCX, CHVRCHES, Sky Ferriera, etc. I don't think there's an actual genre called TumblrCore outside of Interference....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom