Next Album Rumours Thread IV - 2 Sing 2 Furious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I probably won't listen to this song again or much, but it might be U2's best chance at a hit single in 15 years.

This won't be a hit single or played to death on the radio, but it'll probably work fine within the movie.

I mean, this is exactly what I expected for Sing 2, and anyone expecting more obviously never saw the first Sing.

Christ, why don't the film producers just pay the money and get Coldplay or Adele to do it?

They do this stuff so much better. Instead you have Bono hiring the Poundshop Chris Martin, Ryan Tedder, to write for them some discount supermarket own-brand tunes.

Some awful management ideas since Oseary took charge. Sucked all the life out of this once great band.

damn peeps..its a kids movie song, they werent gonna play the Fly or Discoteque for a character piece. I was thinking it would be similar to 2 shots of happyesque and i was correct. They would never put this song on an album. Maybe i understand a lil bit, cause im a songwriter....but i know its been a while..but damn. Their last album was strong, they arent out of touch..

It’s… meh. A bit bland, although I do like when the instrumentation stops doing that abrupt “halt” during the chorus. Yeah, it’s gonna be in a movie for kids so it’s not gonna be Achtung Baby Revisited.

damn peeps..its a kids movie song, they werent gonna play the Fly or Discoteque for a character piece. I was thinking it would be similar to 2 shots of happyesque and i was correct. They would never put this song on an album. Maybe i understand a lil bit, cause im a songwriter....but i know its been a while..but damn. Their last album was strong, they arent out of touch..

With all due respect, I have no idea how you're getting Two Shots of Happy out of this one. I also wouldn't put it past them at all to put this on an album, *if* they weren't already putting it on this soundtrack (plus we're eons away from an album anyway). I find them utterly out of touch, with this being the new Exhibit A.

This is a lot better than most of their other attempts at Beatles-nodding radio pop.

I bet after all of these years, they’ve realized they feel most comfortable in “B-Stage Mode”, so we get boring Edge, cocktail kit Larry and Adam. They just have to work on song craft to fully pull it off. This song is closer than they’ve gotten in the past.

Call me a curmudgeon, I don't think they should be anywhere near an animated children's film if they're being serious about artistic daring or relevance (which they're clearly not, of course).

alright since it's up on streaming and my meetings are over, let me take an actual listen with my earpods in

• the oooohs are a little "window in the sky" ish
  • adam's bass is actually really loud in the mix, especially in the chorus
  • it's a movie track, and an animated movie at that - not sure why people were expecting The Fly 2
  • i think the lyrics will take on more meaning in the context of the film
  • this is going to do very well on adult contemporary
  • i thought they'd go heavy pop for this track, so i'm very relieved that it's a more grown up/adult song

Back
Top Bottom